New design for AFCB Vital

Blocking the sidebar makes the website looks miles better. The posts stretch right along the screen now. Enter this to your ad blockers. Mods remove if it offends you, but imo it's your own fault with a history of intrusive ads that causes ad blockers to be a thing anyway.

Code:
bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk##.p-body-sidebar

I did try that....got rid of that sidebar but then the rest of the page disappeared too, aside from the headers!

I use this forum from home where my young kids are always running around.
Any way to re-activate the swear filter?
Otherwise, not sure I can stay here. :-(

I did try that....got rid of that sidebar but then the rest of the page disappeared too, aside from the headers!

Strange, it works perfect for me (and @northstandmark by the sounds of it). Maybe it's in a different format for different add ons? You should be able to block it manually by using the inspector and just clicking on the empty area.

Non wishing to be a moaner or be negative - but as someone with a lot of experience in the design world I really dislike the layout of the new site. Looks as if the design has been driven by the need to include lots of advertising.

As someone with a lot of experience in the design world:
a) Did you honestly think the old site was better? Both in terms of usability and number of ads?
b) Surely you will know that advertising generated revenue streams are pretty much standard now for non-subscription based sites like this.
c) You will understand that there is always an initial teething stage to new designs where people are resistant to change as their mental modelling adapts.

Subjective I know, but I think this is a great improvement so well done Vitals, DJ et al

The only (very minor) downside for me is that my original avatar went AWOL in the transition and as I uploaded it years ago I've since lost the original.

The positive comments are obviously appreciated.

The not so positive comments are also understandable. After 12 years of one design any change is going to look and feel weird. Hopefully in time with all the new features in time this will feel like an improvement to most.

But also I just want to reiterate that this decision wasn't taken lightly, we've ran two different designs for months trying to make things work but it just won't. The old design is no longer fit for purpose and in time would have suffered performance issues, such as slow performance and probable downtime.

The change was unavoidable.

It's different, 'sall. I can get it on the laptop but the phone won't co-operate : ) How can I remedy this? Where's the pm opportunity ?

It's different, 'sall. I can get it on the laptop but the phone won't co-operate : ) How can I remedy this? Where's the pm opportunity ?
What mobile device are you using?

Pm is "start conversation" when you click or hover in/on to someone's profile.

So far, it seems to function much better (for me at least) on my laptop vs. my tablet.

There are some features that seem to have gone missing, maybe they are on their way or maybe I just cannot find them -
1) inbox "sent" file and replies?
2) polls
3) members' league "points" on a monthly for all AFCB members. Stupid, I know, but I like to see if I can keep up with the BTKs, Als, Robs and other legends, as long as I have something to add.
Also, I always remained logged in, but now I seem to have to sign in each time, even though I have ticked the box to stay logged in.
TJ

So far, it seems to function much better (for me at least) on my laptop vs. my tablet.

There are some features that seem to have gone missing, maybe they are on their way or maybe I just cannot find them -
1) inbox "sent" file and replies?
2) polls
3) members' league "points" on a monthly for all AFCB members. Stupid, I know, but I like to see if I can keep up with the BTKs, Als, Robs and other legends, as long as I have something to add.
Also, I always remained logged in, but now I seem to have to sign in each time, even though I have ticked the box to stay logged in.
TJ
1) it's now all in "start conversation" which appears like a thread would on the forum, so much better to read through the discussion.

You can also have more that 2 people involved in the private chat.

2) Polls are in the post new thread option.

3) There is a new points system which I'm yet to be briefed on, once the main priorities are sorted I'll take a look.

Auto login will hopefully sort itself out in time. If you don't clear your session, cache or cookies you should stay logged in (I haven't been logged out yet on iPhone).

Thanks DJ. I did manage to get a Toronto-based avatar, so that's a start!

Re q#1 - I meant our historical inbox, sent files. I received a couple of responses directly from members suggesting that I keep in touch for the possibility of getting a single ticket for next season. I think I remember who, but I would love to have them all just in case I can get over at some point.

Thanks DJ. I did manage to get a Toronto-based avatar, so that's a start!

Re q#1 - I meant our historical inbox, sent files. I received a couple of responses directly from members suggesting that I keep in touch for the possibility of getting a single ticket for next season. I think I remember who, but I would love to have them all just in case I can get over at some point.

Unfortunately they appear to have been lost in the switch. This wasn't intentional. Just another example of something on the old design being incompatible with modern software etc. :(

So where's my location gone.

My plastic status.

And the top of my dog's head?

Other than that, I'm sure it's ok if you like that kind of modern thing.

DJ-
On another thread I previewed prior to posting but then could not see anyway that I could go back and edit, so ended up having to post anyway. Probably me but worth a look maybe.

My plastic status.

To be fair KBG, although your location has gone, it does describe you as "A well known member"

A bit harsh. I quite enjoy your posts.:cool:

My plastic status.

Location and avatar can be altered in your profile.

When our personalised ranks are returned, I'll make sure you are returned to your full plasticness.:utc:

DJ-
On another thread I previewed prior to posting but then could not see anyway that I could go back and edit, so ended up having to post anyway. Probably me but worth a look maybe.
Edit appears under the options that appear just to the right of "Report".

;