New Football League restructure proposals

Tim Sherwood...

"People don't want to hear this but to accelerate the development of young English players we need to have feeder clubs in League One and League Two. There is enough clubs out there who are willing enough to do it for their clubs, who are dying a slow death and haemorrhaging money. Clubs will be willing to open their arms out to Premier League teams and say 'you can use this club for your young player' but the FA has to allow it to happen."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-big-boys?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Utter idiot, the loan system already exists, b teams, feeder clubs are bad. I say that knowing that we have that ‘relationship’ with F.C. Zurich

Tim Sherwood...

"People don't want to hear this but to accelerate the development of young English players we need to have feeder clubs in League One and League Two. There is enough clubs out there who are willing enough to do it for their clubs, who are dying a slow death and haemorrhaging money. Clubs will be willing to open their arms out to Premier League teams and say 'you can use this club for your young player' but the FA has to allow it to happen."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-big-boys?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Would we have liked to be a feeder club when we were in League 1?

My answer would be no thinking back to our days in the lower leagues and our rise to the top league.

If we had been used as a feeder club and a number young players were ‘loaned’ to us until the players proved themselves and then taken back by the PL club you couldn’t build a settled side. Ok with the odd loan as happens now and back then when we were in League 1.

I remember when we had a number of Reading players at our club on loan at one time, once they left and we used our own players, we got better results.

As it transpired Eddie gradually built a side in the lower leagues that eventually gained promotion up the leagues to the PL.

I don’t think that would have happened if this proposal by T S had happened back then.

I rather like the idea of four regional divisions with the top two in each division at the end of the season,eight teams, going through a play off system for the two places in The PL....with the relegated teams dropping into these leagues.....and no parachute payments!

You're all missing the point. The top six clubs have huge numbers of players they want to ensure get competitive games in the style they want and the only way to ensure that is if they control the clubs. Hence B teams lower down the pyramid. It isn't fair on them that they don't have a special place just for them where they can develop their farm of young players.

I really think you all need to open your minds and consider the needs of the top six. After all, what else is football about in this country? Without them none of us would watch the game at all.

It's time we all realised and accepted that. Whilst we're here, could we also sort out that issue about overseas tv revenue? It isn't right that they have to share it equally.

You're all missing the point. The top six clubs have huge numbers of players they want to ensure get competitive games in the style they want and the only way to ensure that is if they control the clubs. Hence B teams lower down the pyramid. It isn't fair on them that they don't have a special place just for them where they can develop their farm of young players.

I really think you all need to open your minds and consider the needs of the top six. After all, what else is football about in this country? Without them none of us would watch the game at all.

It's time we all realised and accepted that. Whilst we're here, could we also sort out that issue about overseas tv revenue? It isn't right that they have to share it equally.

I can see your point however these big clubs to some extent have "feeder clubs". I can't remember from the top of my head but Chelsea have a team in Belgium or Holland and so do Man United. Man City are partnered with NYCFC and Melbourne City too. Even mid table teams like us don't have this privilege. Watford do however. They can get players from clubs that are owned by the same owner as them such as Granada and Udinese. They buy some great talent for peanuts which in my opinion is unfair.

The point I am making is that clubs in England do not need this. We have an U23's League and beyond. The "Top Six" utilise this and they do. They have the opportunity to send these players out on loan elsewhere too and there are no barriers. There's nothing wrong with the league system at all (except for promotion and relegation numbers) so let's just keep it this way.

:utc:

I can see your point however these big clubs to some extent have "feeder clubs". I can't remember from the top of my head but Chelsea have a team in Belgium or Holland and so do Man United. Man City are partnered with NYCFC and Melbourne City too. Even mid table teams like us don't have this privilege. Watford do however. They can get players from clubs that are owned by the same owner as them such as Granada and Udinese. They buy some great talent for peanuts which in my opinion is unfair.

The point I am making is that clubs in England do not need this. We have an U23's League and beyond. The "Top Six" utilise this and they do. They have the opportunity to send these players out on loan elsewhere too and there are no barriers. There's nothing wrong with the league system at all (except for promotion and relegation numbers) so let's just keep it this way.

:utc:
I think kirsikka was being ironic.

Completely agree with many on here, also cheers btk for reminding of Karacan, Cork, Ward, and co, but for every Jack Cork there’s a Begovic or a Painter. When we started rising we did it with a closed squad (FL wouldn’t let us sign Lovell without wages) so that swigs mentality is what did it. Feel sorry for Moseley, that period fully broke him, yet he cracked on, what a servant

;