New Kings Park Stadium

I
Yep and Cardiff did too. Any 0 pointers who took advantage of the Napoli friendly home point last season could have amassed about 6 home points after today (as there were 1 point resales towards the end of last season for 2 or 3 home games as I recall).

But that doesn’t change anything about how important a new ground (or at least expanded ground) is for young/future fans.

I agree however if we can’t shift 3000 odd non season tickets then demand from existing fans isn’t as large as it appears

Saying we can't shift the tickets is misleading. Yes, those games have gone down to 1 point for a small number of seats, but sold out very quickly to that group once available. If we were struggling to sell out on 0 points that would be very different. I know many people who don't even have 1 point but have tried for tickets last season. They just don't bother after a while and that is lost fans. The games that had resales at the end of last season were returns, or seats moved to disabled platform etc. Again, there were very few seats at 1 point. Telling people they should have forked out £32 for pointless friendly as a way of *maybe* getting on the ladder isn't really an incentive to many people.

Saying we can't shift the tickets is misleading. Yes, those games have gone down to 1 point for a small number of seats, but sold out very quickly to that group once available. If we were struggling to sell out on 0 points that would be very different. I know many people who don't even have 1 point but have tried for tickets last season. They just don't bother after a while and that is lost fans. The games that had resales at the end of last season were returns, or seats moved to disabled platform etc. Again, there were very few seats at 1 point. Telling people they should have forked out £32 for pointless friendly as a way of *maybe* getting on the ladder isn't really an incentive to many people.

Are they doing it for Real Betis and Marseille?

I agree with most of that (except I think Napoli was £20?); you’d have to be desperate enough, pay attention a lot and be prepared to go to games sat on your own (including that friendly) to get on the ladder (and even then you’d have to hope that 6 points is enough to get you a ticket for the next home game).

Which ever way you look at it the club is missing out on a huge next generation of fans (kids are unlikely to get tickets using the methods above) if the ground plans don’t progress in some form.

Last edited:
The issue is the 'few' seats left are the same front rows and random 1's all over the place, that are always left... Not selling these seats does not give a true reflection of demand... Expansion offers choice and that is what folk want... Not to go as a family/bunch of mates but watch on their own... in sh*t seats

We need more seats... end of

The issue is the 'few' seats left are the same front rows and random 1's all over the place, that are always left... Not selling these seats does not give a true reflection of demand... Expansion offers choice and that is what folk want... Not to go as a family/bunch of mates but watch on their own... in sh*t seats

We need more seats... end of

I agree but no excuse for Everton on one point, plenty left in block 25...eight rows with three or more seats together as we speak. I must admit I'm a little surprised at this.

I don’t disagree we need more seats and we need to get new and younger fans through the door but when we can’t sell out a premier league game before it gets to 1 point then the club may see the demand isn’t there.

I agree but no excuse for Everton on one point, plenty left in block 25...eight rows with three or more seats together as we speak. I must admit I'm a little surprised at this.
In my mind it’s still too early in the summer to be thinking about buying football tickets. I’ll be going to West Ham but I haven’t got round to buying the tickets yet. Largely due to the World Cup I feel like last season only just finished, bonkers that it starts again in just 2 and a half weeks.

We can all jump up and down on here, agreeing with each other again and again, about how someone else should spend their money. They are the people that have done feasibility tests rather than just having a reckon based on what the fans would like to happen. Our historic, and seemingly current, support hardly supports the case for a new ground. That doesn't change the fact that their communication is terrible and they deserve all the grief they get.

We can all jump up and down on here, agreeing with each other again and again, about how someone else should spend their money. They are the people that have done feasibility tests rather than just having a reckon based on what the fans would like to happen. Our historic, and seemingly current, support hardly supports the case for a new ground. That doesn't change the fact that their communication is terrible and they deserve all the grief they get.
Yes but we haven't been in the championship or the premier league for much of our history

Yes but we haven't been in the championship or the premier league for much of our history

Sure but all this talk of 25k gates is based on nothing more than fans having a reckon. The people who are expected to invest actual money in it will have proper market research and don't seem to fancy it. Plenty of evidence to suggest that our level of support isn't quite what people claim - including actual championship attendances, half-full cup games and the tickets on sale at 1 point as we speak.

That’s a great idea giving out points as a prize for JC’s. Wasn’t aware of it

Yeah. If your kid has zero points and is a paid up JC you can enter them in a draw for each game. They give a few out each game. Two of my three got to see a league game last year and I was able to change my seats to be sat beside them. Pretty handy really.

In my mind it’s still too early in the summer to be thinking about buying football tickets. I’ll be going to West Ham but I haven’t got round to buying the tickets yet. Largely due to the World Cup I feel like last season only just finished, bonkers that it starts again in just 2 and a half weeks.
Fcuk me , the World Cup has only just finished, the country is basking in the sort of summer that people travel abroad to experience. Is it any surprise that football is not that high up on the agenda right now. Let's go back to the days when the season kicked off on the last weekend of August. I also thought that building a stadium in Kings Park would be a mine field. There were better options albeit not in Bournemouth.

Sure but all this talk of 25k gates is based on nothing more than fans having a reckon. The people who are expected to invest actual money in it will have proper market research and don't seem to fancy it. Plenty of evidence to suggest that our level of support isn't quite what people claim - including actual championship attendances, half-full cup games and the tickets on sale at 1 point as we speak.

You should know, you only rocked up in the past couple of years when the going was good .

;