New Kings Park Stadium

Wasn't the plan to move the first team training to the new complex by the end of this season? If that happens then I could see pp go in about the same time, approval maybe 6- 9 months and construction about 2 years. So an overall timeframe of about 3 years.
My guess would be that discussions have already been informally started with the Council.

The game of brinkmanship gets interesting now. Not long left on the lease so Structadene would be left with an asset they would have to pay to maintain with no chance of a new tenant. And little chance of getting planning permission to build houses there instead.

I'd imagine negotiations are already well under way as this is their only realistic out.

I've tried to transcribe what he said:

---------
Foley: ...our fans (Vegas Knights), if we're 4-2 down are still with the team, still with the game. I have to motivate our fans here a little bit more. And we're going to do that by building a new stadium, have more seats for people to come to the games.

Crouch: Is that the plan?

Foley: That's the plan. We first have to finish our training facility. Once that's done we can move out of the training facility here and we can start working on the new stadium here. So it's probably two or three years off. It's just going to take us that long.
----------

I've said before I'm hoping we see planning permission go in before the season is out. It's been mentioned (somewhere on this thread probably) that we've requested potential designs from architects. If the club are already engaged in conversations with the council and can get them on side, we could put planning in around January and take a year (??? no idea but I'm guessing it won't be quick) to get over all the hurdles, construction starts immediately meaning we then have 18 months to build and deliver it on his schedule.

It won't be a Everton or Spurs style mega construction so maybe that's realistic. Although massive guesses on things from me included there on subjects where I know nothing...
I’d say you’re about right with your 18 month build time estimate.

The game of brinkmanship gets interesting now. Not long left on the lease so Structadene would be left with an asset they would have to pay to maintain with no chance of a new tenant. And little chance of getting planning permission to build houses there instead.

I'd imagine negotiations are already well under way as this is their only realistic out.

I think they would easily get planning permission to build houses on it. It's already happened twice afterall.

The Athletics Track is within the Five Parks Act area, which means it can only be used for public recreation, as it is now and as per the various football and cricket pitches within Kings Park.

There is no such restriction on the training pitches which are outside the old Kings Park boundary. However on their own they aren’t big enough for a new stadium. So the only way forward is to swap the land the club owns ( basically the southernmost quarter of Dean Court) for the Athletics Track. Such a land swap is allowed under the Five Parks Act and I believe the Council (as Trustees of the Five Parks) have told the club that they’d be amenable to the idea. The club could then build on the training pitches/Athletic Track site subject to planning and to funding/constructing a replacement Athletics Track.

The land formerly belonging to the club would become an extension to the Park north of the existing footpath that runs south of Dean Court.

That would leave Structadene owning three quarters of a stadium, which clearly wouldn’t be economically viable. I’d expect them to be able to get planning permission for a change of use, probably to housing, quite easily.

Last edited:

;