New Kings Park Stadium

Replacing a CEO of a business turning over more than £100m isn't usually a kneejerk reaction. Most of them will have a 6-12 month notice period, and Bill & Jim will have wanted some time to get to see him in action. They'll also have needed his local knowledge since neither of them have any.

If he's still in situ at the end of next summer you can say they rate him enough to want to hang on to him. Still too early to make any conclusion.
Agree about local knowledge. Now Jeff has gone AFCB need somebody who knows their way round the corridors of power in the Premier League

Just looking at some things Re MLS and came across this little gem... Nashville's stadium (30k) whilst a little bigger than what Bill wants, would be majestic in Kings Park

Looks decent enough. Not sure about the open gaps between the back row and roof. Not optimum for atmosphere and protection from the elements? May be wrong, but I assume there isn't as much rain in Nadhvilke, warmer climate in general?

Although I guess you coukd fill that in.

Good thing is it looks different from grounds over here. Which is something I'd rather see, compared to a mechano style identibowl (Swansea, reading, Leicester, Southampton and so on...).

Something with a bit of character, idividuality that makes it recognisable as our home to most football fans.

Really like the look of that, keeps the feel of existing Dean Court with four separate stands, far better than bowl type designs.

Agree although I'm confident corners filled in allow for a better atmosphere. Holds the noise in the ground.

Bowl is optimum imo. But don't want it to fall into the bland, characterless, cheap looking replica half the other clubs have. Not my money of course, just my dream!

The lower tiers look too shallow for my taste. Much prefer steeper stands which bring the crowd closer to the pitch, except for the stand where you put the away fans of course.

Apart from the several things we've highlighted, its decent enough...

F it. May as well move onto the next, more suitable structure/idea :D

Back to the drawing board...

Take a look at post 12,155 on the link below.

Not sure if it was ever posted on here, and probably nothing like what I think we need or would like, but very interesting all the same.

I really like the way the Football Stadium and Athletics Track relate to each other and to the Park as a whole.

This particular layout probably wouldn’t work because you couldn’t build the track until after building the stadium and then demolishing Dean Court, which would make athletics homeless for around three years. Also the track is probably too close to houses (javelin in the back garden anyone?).

However interesting to consider something along these lines if the new track was built east of its present site.

Take a look at post 12,155 on the link below.

Not sure if it was ever posted on here, and probably nothing like what I think we need or would like, but very interesting all the same.

What an incredible amount of effort. Here's the result of their work.
9eCo5fh.jpeg

TBH, the guy lost serious kudos when he said he wanted t to liken it to St Mary's up the road... The exterior gets a big thumbs up but dislike the interior...

;