New Kings Park Stadium

AlGard - 13/2/2018 18:13

mark pike - 13/2/2018 18:50

Have they put a spade in the ground at the new training site yet?

The correct answer and only answer to that Mike, is no!

And how pray, do you know that the chap I took didn't use a spade or other digging tool?

ajp28 - 13/2/2018 17:35

I also think that it’s credible to assume Eddie will only commit to staying at the helm if New stadium is built.

Irrespective of whether Eddie stays or not, our current ground is an impediment to progress and to attracting quality players. The new training facility will help but who, at the top of their profession, is going to want to play in front of c10,500 each home game when almost all other PL clubs have superior and attractive infrastructures.

We could build a small stadium at the training ground, use it for U23/Hampshire Cup etc and see if Poole Town want to share it on a temporary (or permanent) basis.

AFCB_LOYALIST - 13/2/2018 20:19

We could build a small stadium at the training ground, use it for U23/Hampshire Cup etc and see if Poole Town want to share it on a temporary (or permanent) basis.

Poole fought and fought for planning permissions to build a ground near Canford Arena on that side of Magna Road. And then having got planning permission, did a U turn and decided not to pursue it any further, looking for a more central location / Tatnam redevelopment. Was a bit odd. They still have permission in place as far as I know, should they change their mind again.

northstandmark - 13/2/2018 20:26

Poole fought and fought for planning permissions to build a ground near Canford Arena on that side of Magna Road. And then having got planning permission, did a U turn and decided not to pursue it any further, looking for a more central location / Tatnam redevelopment. Was a bit odd. They still have permission in place as far as I know, should they change their mind again.

And how much of the Charlie Austin money did they spend on it?

I would say it was very odd.

Whatever the American involvement is I was hoping they might influence an acceleration of progress. Rednblack has highlighted perhaps the key point in future players wanting to play in front of c10,500 fans.
Americans are known for strong communication and action, SO if you good old boys from over the pond read this, PLEASE make this stadium happen, make history, make us happy and hold you in high esteem. Come on Uncle Sam, you know you want to! I'm confident you can make it work for us - and yourselves of course!

And as Afcb Loyalist says ' Get our friends at Poole Town up the ladder, by playing at a shared training ground stadium; its a town with a population twice that of Burnley!

Whatever the American involvement is I was hoping they might influence an acceleration of progress. Rednblack has highlighted perhaps the key point in future players wanting to play in front of c10,500 fans.
Americans are known for strong communication and action, SO if you good old boys from over the pond read this, PLEASE make this stadium happen, make history, make us happy and hold you in high esteem. Come on Uncle Sam, you know you want to! I'm confident you can make it work for us - and yourselves of course!

And as Afcb Loyalist says ' Get our friends at Poole Town up the ladder, by playing at a shared training ground stadium; its a town with a population twice that of Burnley!

northstandmark - 13/2/2018 20:26

From what I hear, Poole Town are in trouble financially and just trying to focus on week to week survival these days.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/club-seek-south-stand-permission

“This application has no impact on our intention to build a new stadium within Kings Park.”

KingofMud - 14/2/2018 11:17

“This application has no impact on our intention to build a new stadium within Kings Park.”

“The temporary stand was put in place in the summer of 2013, following the Cherries’ promotion from League One, and a condition of the planning permission required it to be removed and the land restored within five years.”

So with the 5 years approaching, what did our club have planned if the council just happened to say no?

billythekid - 14/2/2018 11:39

KingofMud - 14/2/2018 11:17

“The temporary stand was put in place in the summer of 2013, following the Cherries’ promotion from League One, and a condition of the planning permission required it to be removed and the land restored within five years.”

So with the 5 years approaching, what did our club have planned if the council just happened to say no?

Stick away fans in the tree, and put the Ted Mac ticket holders into the current away end.
Sorted.

borisatha - 14/2/2018 08:39

DJ Silver. Al knows these things as he is friends with the coach drivers brothers postman. Who in turn owns a spade.

The chap I took was taking soil samples for sure (Quote 'arry!) . Ask me nicely and I might give you the gate code!!! :hihi:

I must fess up he didn't have a shovel with him!! :grin:

Don't we have to wait 'till the end of the season to find out which league we will be playing in next year, before we even think about applying for a new stadium? :eyes:

;