New Kings Park Stadium

There will be no stadium built if we are relegated.
Here is the problem..How long do we gamble on our current status before giving the go ahead to build.

Start building tomorrow, and before completion we are relegated...Where would we go from there?

If that was the case then even the current stadium wouldn't have been built as many claimed it was too big for our needs.

The new stadium is one thing. The current stadium another. The council will be interested in what happens to that. Funding a new stadium might involve opening up potential revenue streams for DC.

No club is guaranteed indefinite membership of the Premier League. As long as the current owners and Eddie are here the prospects of maintaining that are good. A new larger stadium will be another part of the long term development of the club. With a very substantial urban population and catchment area available the risks of not pushing forward with the stadium are probably greater than building it.

clintclease - 14/2/2018 22:58

No club is guaranteed indefinite membership of the Premier League. As long as the current owners and Eddie are here the prospects of maintaining that are good. A new larger stadium will be another part of the long term development of the club. With a very substantial urban population and catchment area available the risks of not pushing forward with the stadium are probably greater than building it.

I agree with that statement and apart from the top 6, Everton and Newcastle there's no reason why can't be as big a supported team as any of the rest, given time and the infrastructure

Add West Ham to that.
Also Championship teams such as Villa, Leeds, Wednesday, Wolves and Sunderland all of whom will come back up at some point.

northstandmark - 14/2/2018 11:51

billythekid - 14/2/2018 11:39

KingofMud - 14/2/2018 11:17

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/club-seek-south-stand-permission

“This application has no impact on our intention to build a new stadium within Kings Park.”

“The temporary stand was put in place in the summer of 2013, following the Cherries’ promotion from League One, and a condition of the planning permission required it to be removed and the land restored within five years.”

So with the 5 years approaching, what did our club have planned if the council just happened to say no?

Stick away fans in the tree, and put the Ted Mac ticket holders into the current away end.
Sorted.

The tree was removed in preparation for the new training pitches, this month 6 years ago, RIP tree
:142:

Thanks ZZZZZZ, That's explains why I haven't seen it for a long time. Used to see it a lot at home games, never away though, another casualty of the club's march to glory : )

borisatha - 15/2/2018 13:36

Add West Ham to that.
Also Championship teams such as Villa, Leeds, Wednesday, Wolves and Sunderland all of whom will come back up at some point.

Sorry forgot about west ham, I meant premier league teams

table - 15/2/2018 16:15

Thanks ZZZZZZ, That's explains why I haven't seen it for a long time. Used to see it a lot at home games, never away though, another casualty of the club's march to glory : )

I always just assumed the tree didn't have enough away points.

dragonm8 - 15/2/2018 20:18

It wasn’t a poplar tree, so it fckued off up the road to support Southampton.
: )

Reading this mb, I sometimes think we've got a supporters club branch up there. : )

table - 15/2/2018 20:51

dragonm8 - 15/2/2018 20:18

It wasn’t a poplar tree, so it fckued off up the road to support Southampton.
: )

Reading this mb, I sometimes think we've got a supporters club branch up there. : )

Imagine the stick they must of got over the years. :hihi:

I agree, we all have our own be-leafs so let’s not plant any more discussions about subject, leave it be and consider planted until new plans blossom

;