New Kings Park Stadium

We were told by some on here that the lack of the stadium and training ground would see Eddie moving on and no decent players wanting to come here and play.

The signing of Solanke [ and Clyne to a lesser extent being on loan ] shows that is not really the case. A long term contract for a young player, among many others the same.

Eddie will know exactly what is happening behind the scenes and sadly, we don't. For better or worse. We would all love to know more of course but Eddie is the most important person to have the information. And while he remains in charge, players will want to play for him, in this stadium if needs be.

Long term, I do still feel the same way about the point raised in the first paragraph. Some players will be put off, others won’t be.

I do agree that Eddie is the only one who needs to be “in the loop” and as long as he is content and staying then the infrastructure can come later...but it does need to come in some form.

The next test will come when (inevitably) big clubs come along and snap up one or two of our players. For arguments sake, we get 55m in the summer for Wilson and Ake.

Does all 55m go straight to Eddie for replacements, or do the board take the oppertuinty and give Eddie 20m, and stash 35m away for our off pitch projects.

Or the third option...

I know, and you know, that when relegation does happen (Hopefully a long way away before the usual suspects jump on that statement), that will be it, and all we will have is memories and an 11,000 seater stadium.

And that is sad.

To be honest, i don't see how the club can survive that and not sure I understand the long term business plan in that case.

There are no long term plans in business

However I don't think it's the case, we're just over a barrel by SD, building now means spending rent on a dead asset. So might as well hope we stick around long enough that larger investors want a slice and can afford the hit, or the exposure is reduced. Or maybe the Premier League start to find it embarassing and give us a huge grant to rebuild, well I like cuckoo land

Maybe they think it is worth more to sell for houses

Maybe, but it wouldn’t be of any benefit to the club. The previous owners have a charge on the land and would be entitled to the profits should approval be given for housing on the site.

The Stadium and training ground is never happening so it's just to best to accept it at this point and not expect anything ever again from the club. Unless Qatar buy us we are merely an instrument for investment in the most famous league in the world and the off field staff who have lied and betrayed the fans can continue to bribe Eddie with signings like today and some fans will accept. It's a shame so many have such little faith in the catchment area Bournemouth has but our only legacy will be Eddie and the memories. no infrastructure and it's sad.
Great post!

I have no news I'm afraid.

I'm just bumping this as Max has bought out the Yanks and I guess that may influence any future development. I'm not bumping it as I'm demanding a new stadium, far from it. I'd be happy for the club to buy the land back and expand, or just expand in any way, shape or form. I see the attraction of a new ground but like others I'm struggling with the Investment side.

I wonder what Max is thinking today after that result? We've just trounced Chelsea 4-0, he arguably employs the best British manager in football. We sit comfortably mid table in the best league in the world. He owns a young, exciting team full of potential, based in a large conurbation in a beautiful part of the country. (So nice he bought a house here). We've just made two decent signings, a fantastic loan signing, we have back to back PL victories and we play exciting football.

I would love to know his thoughts, his plans and his ambitions for the future of the club. He is backing Eddie to the hilt on the pitch so I don't think he's going anywhere (Max that is). Surely owners sanction transfers so they can benefit from and enjoy the fruits of their hard earned. I appreciate that this is coming over as a bit of a pink cloud post but things look extremely positive at the moment. I know its early but we are looking at another year in the PL -We have consolidated, without doubt. We are a fully fledged PL team...on the pitch, just not off the damned pitch.

Can we expect to see progress at Canford this year ? Eddie would love that, he must be owed it.

How much was the Ted Shed expansion labelled as being? Money-wise.

I sound like a broken record on this, but state-of-the-art training facilities are massive to PL clubs as they enable depth in the squad...

Whilst they did a job last night, you have to wonder how long we can keep playing Surman and Gosling in the middle...? Ideally, we need another 2/3 of Lerma's quality, yet they need to be kept happy with serious game time when not in the starting XI

I too would be over the moon if we start hearing about DC being bought back...

Agree with the above posts that the new training ground needs to go ahead. It is clearly something which would mean a lot to Eddie and will benefit us for years to come and in many ways.

I think the stadium would be something for further down the line but I think it is still very much part of the long term plan.

Re the investment required for the stadium - it becomes less of a risk if you believe we can stay in the PL long enough to pay it off. On current form it won't take very long for Max to feel that this is the case.

Even now, all things being equal and barring disasters, Eddie staying and being able to buy the players he targets, I don't think we are ever likely to get relegated. You would have to think there will always be at least three teams worse than us, with a financially backed Eddie in charge of our fortunes.

So let's get the training ground built and open for use. By that time Max might feel confident enough about our PL future to make a start on the stadium. I bet he ties Eddie into a long term, watertight contract before he does though - I know I would !

Agree with the above posts that the new training ground needs to go ahead. It is clearly something which would mean a lot to Eddie and will benefit us for years to come and in many ways.

I think the stadium would be something for further down the line but I think it is still very much part of the long term plan.

Re the investment required for the stadium - it becomes less of a risk if you believe we can stay in the PL long enough to pay it off. On current form it won't take very long for Max to feel that this is the case.

Even now, all things being equal and barring disasters, Eddie staying and being able to buy the players he targets, I don't think we are ever likely to get relegated. You would have to think there will always be at least three teams worse than us, with a financially backed Eddie in charge of our fortunes.

So let's get the training ground built and open for use. By that time Max might feel confident enough about our PL future to make a start on the stadium. I bet he ties Eddie into a long term, watertight contract before he does though - I know I would !

It would take well over 20 years to pay off - with the best will in the world we're not going to stay up that long. Hopefully he fancies the legacy aspect of it or comes up with some way of finding it not solely reliant on matchday revenue.

I think Bournemouth should hire me to build the AFCB American fanbase. Fund me to open pubs in the big cities that are AFCB themed. No one spends $ on kits and merch like AMericans!

;