New Kings Park Stadium

Another point occurs to me. Kings Park is bigger than it used to be, and the training pitches are outside the area covered by the Five Parks Act with its various - and understandable - restrictions aimed at protecting recreational land from change of use.

So, by building the new stadium on the training pitches footprint, the club will also avoid a whole load of complication in trying to sidestep the restrictions of the Five Parks Act. In particular, it will no longer have to swap the land it owns at the south of Dean Court for the Athletics Track which is covered by the Five Parks Act. (The plan was to move the Athletics Track out of the Five Parks Act area and, in return, expand the Park by adding in the land the club owns on the south of the current Dean Court footprint.)

Last edited:
Another point occurs to me. Kings Park is bigger than it used to be, and the training pitches are outside the area covered by the Five Parks Act with its various - and understandable - restrictions aimed at protecting recreational land from change of use.

So, by building the new stadium on the training pitches footprint, the club will also avoid a whole load of complication in trying to sidestep the complications of the Five Parks Act. In particular, it will no longer have to swap the land it owns at the south of Dean Court for the Athletics Track which is covered by the Five Parks Act. (The plan was to move the Athletics Track out of the Five Parks Act area and, in return, expanding the Park by adding in the land the club owns on the south of the current Dean Court footprint.)
I also suspect that if infrastructure, or lack of, is an issue, it's possible that Dean Court could become part car park and part let out to businesses on match day. It's worth having a look at Exeter where they have a 'community' area that functions on match day.

Council just announced that Kings Park Nursery will be closing (i.e. not opening again). Is this part of sneaky plan to make it easier to build new stadium? i.e. does this make it some sort of 'Brownfield' site, and therefore easier to get stadium/car park planning permission nearby?

Council just announced that Kings Park Nursery will be closing (i.e. not opening again). Is this part of sneaky plan to make it easier to build new stadium? i.e. does this make it some sort of 'Brownfield' site, and therefore easier to get stadium/car park planning permission nearby?

It's not that close. Shame tbh.

it's close-ish, though, and might mean that the ex-nursery becomes park land to offset some of that lost by any development

Yeah fair point. Looks like it's just a cost cutting decision to save money from what I can see. Hopefully they come up with something good that end of the park.

So BCP have decided to do away with the very nurseries that plant flowers and plants around the conurbations planters ,roundabouts etc,to save money.
Only to then hand out tenders to private business at twice the price.

So BCP have decided to do away with the very nurseries that plant flowers and plants around the conurbations planters ,roundabouts etc,to save money.
I’ve heard that Ken Baileys Ghost is in the money.

It will not be sold or tendered out to private companies.The nursery, which was originally set up to provide plants for displays in Bournemouth, lost approx. £83,000 last year, which was paid for out of community charge money. This was unsustainable, the land remains as a community asset and will continue to be so. I very much doubt it will have any bearing on any new stadium,

Its not the only site for annuals, I remember one in Westbourne by the railway cuttings.
Seedlings are not expensive to grow, its more the planting on that costs the money.

I’m sure this has been covered in earlier posts however, I’m too lazy to read through the previous 230 pages. With that being said, I’m looking forward to seeing stadium renderings. Would love to see steep stands behind the goals IE Dortmund's Yellow Wall. Where the fans are “on top” of the pitch.

Is 18k just a seated capacity or higher with a safe seating format................
No difference currently Ian. Hopefully that will change. It’s plain daft that safe standing has to include a seat. Take the seats out of the equation and you create more space.

No difference currently Ian. Hopefully that will change. It’s plain daft that safe standing has to include a seat. Take the seats out of the equation and you create more space.
So when they build a new stadium wouldn’t be best to have the standing section down the front behind the goal and nearer to the pitch and then raise the seating area behind them?

Well that's plum daft that, but anyway it's bound to be cheaper.................. :whist:

So when they build a new stadium wouldn’t be best to have the standing section down the front behind the goal and nearer to the pitch and then raise the seating area behind them?
Like in the old DC main stand, standing below, seating above......we have come a long way haven't we !!

;