New Kings Park Stadium

The big stadium reveal is going to be interesting. I've said before if it were me I'd time it to coincide with ST price increase announcement (if that's what they are going to do). Hopefully they've also got a higher initial capacity planned and it was all expectation management. If they announce a 22k ground with the potential of 26.5k then 10% increase in ST prices then people will generally accept it imo.
It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere around 20k is a red line with the Council for Kings Park.

I can imagine the clutching at pearls going in the chambers, if Foley walks in and slaps down plans for his 25-30k Visit Las Vagas Stadium, complete with water feature and light show out front.

Feels like history is being rewritten a bit here. On a thread where Portsmouth and Southampton are being bigged up for their attendances in promotion winning/chasing campaigns… why would AFCB not have similar…when we did before?

They have bigger core fan base. Even when mid table/struggling, tgeir attendances higher than ours were (are).

Historically playing in higher leagues plsyed biggest psrt in that.

No way we're aversging mpre than 5 or 6isjk if we go down to league 1 in 5 years, and still there in 10 years. Whilst still playing in small stadium

If we stayed in pl for 20 years, if we were averaging 20-25k, we'd be getting more than 5k turning up. If we were relegated year 21, wed be averaging more than than 5k, if still in league 1.

All otger things being equal to current climate in world of football.

All hypothetical. Just my opinion from informstion/data out there, that its prolonged sucess with large attendances that increases core fanbase.

It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere around 20k is a red line with the Council for Kings Park.

I can imagine the clutching at pearls going in the chambers, if Foley walks in and slaps down plans for his 25-30k Visit Las Vagas Stadium, complete with water feature and light show out front.

The council will get onside more if the club offer public facilities to be included into the build. I’m sure the councils town vision could accommodate Kings Park as a giant sporting facility, incorporating football, cricket, bowls (outdoor) a new use of the indoor bowls, athletics, the new stadium and new facilities. A sports hall, an ice rink, even a 4,000+ hall to replace the BIC. Put that in Kings Park and all of a sudden it opens up land elsewhere for the council to cash in on.

The council will get onside more if the club offer public facilities to be included into the build. I’m sure the councils town vision could accommodate Kings Park as a giant sporting facility, incorporating football, cricket, bowls (outdoor) a new use of the indoor bowls, athletics, the new stadium and new facilities. A sports hall, an ice rink, even a 4,000+ hall to replace the BIC. Put that in Kings Park and all of a sudden it opens up land elsewhere for the council to cash in on.

We better get a monkey-chicken petting zoo as well.

They have bigger core fan base. Even when mid table/struggling, tgeir attendances higher than ours were (are).

You’re undervaluing successful seasons.

They might sell out their ground now, but it’s because they’re doing well.

We sold out our ground in League Two when we were doing well.

They averaged as low as 12,200 when they first dropped to the third tier. That was just 3 years after hosting AC Milan in Europe.

You’re undervaluing successful seasons.

They might sell out their ground now, but it’s because they’re doing well.

We sold out our ground in League Two when we were doing well.

They averaged as low as 12,200 when they first dropped to the third tier. That was just 3 years after hosting AC Milan in Europe.

Yes, do yiu tgink we'd average 12k if we dropped to league 1 in 3 years in 19k stadium... I really don't think we would... unless at the top and dominating.

We sold out ground in league 2 for how many ganes? People jumping on bandwagon when doing well.

Not sure why you're so staunch about it tbh. We have nowhere near same level of core support as Portsmouth or Southampton!!

Not sure why you're so staunch about it tbh.

Seems to be some moving goal posts here. There’s quite a bit of difference in disagreeing with this…

If we plummeted to league 1 in 5 years, we woukdbt get much more than our last stint down there,

No way we're aversging mpre than 5 or 6isjk if we go down to league 1 in 5 years,
Which must apparently mean I mean this…
do yiu tgink we'd average 12k if we dropped to league 1 in 3 years in 19k stadium...

If they knew what they were going to do why not put some more detailed plans, artists impressions etc out there. The end of the season is only 6 weeks away, ST's on sale the same, move to the training ground about 5 months. Foley says he wants to be playing there first game of 28/29 season that leaves 4 years for final design, planning application and granting and the build.

No way we're aversging mpre than 5 or 6isjk if we go down to league 1 in 5 years, and still there in 10 years. Whilst still playing in small stadium

Just like Reading do!

I don’t think we’d fall to the same attendances in the third tier if we dropped down there over the next five years.

Yes and it’s a big yes, a generation of supporters have been locked out, which will undeniably have an effect on our supporter base for years and years to come.

But, AFCB being in the Premier League has made AFCB “cool”, kids do have the shirts. Kids wear the shirts, you go to a football training session at a local park or school and AFCB shirts outnumber your Man City’s, Liverpool’s, Real Madrid’s, PSG’s and Inter Miami’s (easily the top 5 shirts you see kids wear).

When a stadium comes it’ll be too late for some, granted, they could well be lost to other things without the bug biting them, but there is potential to be released. The fan base has grown undeniably.

15 years ago my boys primary school football club had the sum total of one Cherries shirt...

If they knew what they were going to do why not put some more detailed plans, artists impressions etc out there. The end of the season is only 6 weeks away, ST's on sale the same, move to the training ground about 5 months. Foley says he wants to be playing there first game of 28/29 season that leaves 4 years for final design, planning application and granting and the build.

I do wonder (hope!) if that’s what’s coming at 10am on sky sports news.

Attendances are up massively across all levels of football since we were in the lower divisions, we would be getting crowds bigger than 5k even without the success we have recently had.
It's no good bringing FACTS to this debate. Attendances have been on the rise nationally for years, but we're still thinking about building an 18k stadium.

Yes, do yiu tgink we'd average 12k if we dropped to league 1 in 3 years in 19k stadium... I really don't think we would... unless at the top and dominating.

We sold out ground in league 2 for how many ganes? People jumping on bandwagon when doing well.

Not sure why you're so staunch about it tbh. We have nowhere near same level of core support as Portsmouth or Southampton!!
I think there are a lot of fans from the league 2 (Division 3) days who don't go now (can't go now)

Think it is worth looking back at Pompey’s history.

In February 1949 a crowd of 51,385 – a record attendance – saw the FA Cup sixth-round tie with Derby County. Pompey won 2-1 and reached the semi-finals, but hopes of a famous league and cup ‘double’ were dashed by second-division Leicester City.

Think it is worth looking back at Pompey’s history.

In February 1949 a crowd of 51,385 – a record attendance – saw the FA Cup sixth-round tie with Derby County. Pompey won 2-1 and reached the semi-finals, but hopes of a famous league and cup ‘double’ were dashed by second-division Leicester City.

Genuine question but not sure how to word it without sounding a bit antagonistic.

What does a single attendance figure which is over 75 years old tell us?

;