Newcastle Away

I think even me and Neil would agree that they've ballsed it up here.
Of all the elements I don’t understand, what baffles me most is advertising the allocation as ‘up to 2.2k’ only to then pull it at 1.1k sold with one month to go and not even on general sale yet. What would sales have had to look like for them to go to 2.2k? If they were only ever gonna take 1.1k, say it, don’t create false expectation.

I'm alright Jack as I have a ticket but I feel anyone and everyone who was waiting for this to go to general sale should write/email/phone the club/TO and demand answers why they have pulled the sale one month early before even going to general sale. As I said- unfuckingbelievable.

So the club requested 2200/3000 tickets, saving themselves a maximum of a whopping £24000 (2-3 days wages for a player) and ultimately do 800 fans out of one of the best trips of the season. How can they persistently get it so wrong?

Edit: Just read the thread that we returned 2000. Wtf.

I had asked the club about this before. Newcastle was one of the slowest selling games last season.and the survey confirmed it this season.

There has also been heat on clubs about away tickets going to general sale -
There were lots of 'United' fans in the away end for example.

Rightly or wrongly, I think the club expects people who would have wanted to have purchased in the points window... The theory being if you had not been to an away game in the last season and a half, you wouldnt want to go to one now.

The problem with opening up aonther block means you have to sell it all as the home club wont want empty seats, Newcastle could easily sell it to their fans.

The issue is you when you want to go with people who have not got a point or want to see if better seats come up in a new block.

I have managed to get to all the away games I have wanted to go to this season without an issue but appreciate some have not

The issue is you when you want to go with people who have not got a point or want to see if better seats come up in a new block.

I have managed to get to all the away games I have wanted to go to this season without an issue but appreciate some have not

Thought that the TO would open another block i.e keeping the best seats back as they often do.
Waited for the points drop so as to enable Mrs. EtV to go and make a weekend of it. First away match this season that I was able to attend, but couldn't.
C'est la vie. Going to see Norwich City vs. Cardiff instead.

Hope we don't get this trouble for the two Wembley matches.

It's a game of jeopardy, as they continually sell the worst blocks first, (which I fully understand) but it means the people that go the most, keep getting the worst seats.

Or you play the waiting game, as I have done several times, for the better blocks. In this instance that would have failed.

If everyone did that, it would appear there was no demand, that seems to have happened here to some degree.

More to the point, there are many games, especially the predominantly south fixtures we have left, where you know we're going to sell out, so just open all blocks immediately. Or at least a fair proportion of them.

It's a game of jeopardy, as they continually sell the worst blocks first, (which I fully understand) but it means the people that go the most, keep getting the worst seats.

Or you play the waiting game, as I have done several times, for the better blocks. In this instance that would have failed.

If everyone did that, it would appear there was no demand, that seems to have happened here to some degree.

More to the point, there are many games, especially the predominantly south fixtures we have left, where you know we're going to sell out, so just open all blocks immediately. Or at least a fair proportion of them.

Can the people in supporters group trust, or whatever they're called, feed this back?

To prevent annoying/disappointing people (further?).

Can the people in supporters group trust, or whatever they're called, feed this back?

To prevent annoying/disappointing people (further?).

Could you also pass on the message that this club doesn't deserve the support it gets from its fans.

There's days when I wish I supported another team.

This is one of them.

So many pissed off people being treated like dirt one day and then being told how vital we are the next.

What pre season survey?
I got an email at the start of the season from the ticket office asking me to indicate which of the away games I was planning to attend. My daughter got one too.

Assumed everyone on the database got one?

It was something that people recommended on here a year ago so thought it was a good idea to gauge interest

Apparently the decision was made in part because we only took 1100 last season. That game also sold out 3-4 weeks before the game, so I don’t really see how we ever get out of this cycle?! Does it need all 1100 tickets to be sold in the first few days of release to convince the TO? But then everyone has to select the worse seats and also potentially not buy with mates.

Agree. I often wait for a better block to come up rather than buy straight away

Why exactly do we get offered the worst blocks first?
Is this an AFCB thing or a home club thing

They sell the “worst” block first as that tends to be the end furthest away from the home support. It then works it’s way across, meaning if we don’t take the full allocation then the blocks can be added to the home support.

This is done depending on stadium layout, turnstiles, concourses etc.

;