Newcastle Away

Setting aside the Newcastle tickets situation there are 3 "players" at the club all on an ego power trip to ensure they make a mark.

Cowboy Jim we all know about quite happy to trample over anyone to make a fast buck.Liz Finney's ex copper replacement trying to justify walking about with his clipboard as Operations Manager and the new ticket supremo. The poor front line staff are as always in the firing line facing the public.

I don't think the ticket office knew what was happening. I spoke to them about the game last week as I was unsure if my son would have a clashing football game. I was checking that I could buy tickets and return them a week before if we couldn't go. They were helpful and have made a note for them to check with me prior to sending the tickets to save me physically returning them if we cannot go. They did suggest that we wouldn't sell out the current blocks and that I could safely wait til the game went to general sale. As my son is small (compared to adults) I decided to try and grab the best seats I could at that time, which thankfully was the correct decision.

In short, the ticket office were helpful, but didn't know anything about what was going to happen.

If I find out early I can't go I'll post that I'm returning the tickets to alert people to try and get them.

I can never understand the mindset of the people who make these decisions. When you go to Newcastle you need all the support you can get. Stuck high up in the stands and passionate home support creating a lot of atmosphere, probably the best of the season
I was surprised when I got my tickets that so few were left and I assumed another block would become available.
Just another PR disaster in my book.

We had exactly this same issue and argument last season, and the club clearly learned nothing. Thread from August 2022:

As said above, if they've based this season's allocation on last season's artificially reduced following, then we will never break out of this cycle.

I think it must seem counter intuitive to the ticket office / club decision makers that Newcastle, surely the furthest away day, is actually very popular. Considering distance usually dictates reduced following.

With all this digital communication we have now about, the club's store, development team, women's team and corporate deals, couldn't they produce a list where you could express a need for so many tickets for an away game. This way they would have know that about 2.5k wanted to buy for the Newcastle game. Simples.......

With all this digital communication we have now about, the club's store, development team, women's team and corporate deals, couldn't they produce a list where you could express a need for so many tickets for an away game. This way they would have know that about 2.5k wanted to buy for the Newcastle game. Simples.......

No place for common sense here sunshine ;)

Can't believe we've advertised the game as having been allocated 2200 and then sold out 1 month before the off-sale date, having allegedly only sold 1100 of these tickets...

I've seen us up at Newcastle several times and it's far and away the best away day of the season... The argument of basing ticket predictions on an away attendance last year when we were mediocre at best, to this season's exciting football is ridiculous... just like a survey at the start of the season asking which games you expect to go to... Failing to completely understand the ebbs and flows of a football season...

Probably f*ck all they can do about it now as they've probably sent all tickets back, but this is a royal f*ck up that someone needs to get a hold of. It's impossible for lots to get in to see us at home, now the club are seemingly making it impossible to get to see us away from home...

#mustdobetter

Setting aside the Newcastle tickets situation there are 3 "players" at the club all on an ego power trip to ensure they make a mark.

Cowboy Jim we all know about quite happy to trample over anyone to make a fast buck.Liz Finney's ex copper replacement trying to justify walking about with his clipboard as Operations Manager and the new ticket supremo. The poor front line staff are as always in the firing line facing the public.
I thought we'd ascertained that this guy wasn't an ex-copper?

Still a crap way of handling it though. Whats the point of having deadlines if they don't adhere to them.

I had asked the club about this before. Newcastle was one of the slowest selling games last season.and the survey confirmed it this season.

There has also been heat on clubs about away tickets going to general sale -
There were lots of 'United' fans in the away end for example.

Rightly or wrongly, I think the club expects people who would have wanted to have purchased in the points window... The theory being if you had not been to an away game in the last season and a half, you wouldnt want to go to one now.

The problem with opening up aonther block means you have to sell it all as the home club wont want empty seats, Newcastle could easily sell it to their fans.

The issue is you when you want to go with people who have not got a point or want to see if better seats come up in a new block.

I have managed to get to all the away games I have wanted to go to this season without an issue but appreciate some have not
I get your point regarding tickets going to general sale ending up in opposing fans hands. Surely though even if tickets go on general sale they are still only allowed to be sold to account holder's who happen to not have any points?

;