Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth

That was a great result....any draw away against a higher placed team is a great result.

Why do fans bang on about mistakes...every single game in Football History has had mistakes..without them all the games would end 0-0 surely .
One mistake in today's game could have meant a 1- 0 defeat.... but both teams made roughly the same amount of mistakes according to the commentary I was tuned to...and I worked it out that 4-4 could easily have resulted.
You look at the table now and the fixtures remaining and you can see that only a total BH postcode bufoon or any of the surrounding village's currently reigning village idiot would have Boscombe relegated.
So....we can afford quite a few more mistakes yet... which is quite handy for Mr Iraola to carry on experimenting and comprehensively acclimatising to this league...ready for a top ten habituation next season...and thereafter.
Like a broken clock, reading your posts is often useless. On rare occasion, they may be close but still a bit off. But today, at this very second, it finds you to be 100% correct.

Was keen on VAR to start with. Now I’d rather just go back to the referee’s decision being final. I want to be able to celebrate a goal without worrying that it will be ruled out after 5 minutes of checking!

Yes to goal line technology, and offsides maybe if they can be automated (they were in the last World Cup I seem to recall), but no to blue cards and endless video checks.

This board is the same as it always has been. Mourning the loss of some mythical golden era seems a bit OTT
Do you not remember it Rob? That period where three hundred reasoned articulate people wrote in passionate agreement. It was my favourite decade on here…

Then a hundred of them left….

Geordie family on my train saying VAR clearly wrong for the penalty. Not looking forward to seeing it
Would love to have been a fly on the wall with Andoni's convo with the ref:

AI: 'I just wanna ask how that penalty can be. He clearly offside'

Ref: 'Yes, well, erm, er.. that was my initial thought, but then after some condiderable deliberation, VAR discovered a rule that can be applied in exceptional circumstances: Rule: 666 says a penalty can be given at the discretion of the VAR team if it's deemed that on another day had the player been held back with the force intended, he would not have been offside. So, Smith intended to be stronger and the reason the player was offside was because Smith was not strong enough to pull him back enough'

Would love to have been a fly on the wall with Andoni's convo with the ref:

AI: 'I just wanna ask how that penalty can be. He clearly offside'

Ref: 'Yes, well, erm, er.. that was my initial thought, but then after some condiderable deliberation, VAR discovered a rule that can be applied in exceptional circumstances: Rule: 666 says a penalty can be given at the discretion of the VAR team if it's deemed that on another day had the player been held back with the force intended, he would not have been offside. So, Smith intended to be stronger and the reason the player was offside was because Smith was not strong enough to pull him back enough'

I do wonder how far offside he'd have been if Smith hadn't held his shirt. Presumably a couple of yards at least.

Mate, they didn’t have a fit striker, most of their midfield out injured and they had Jacob Murphy playing centre forward for the last thirty minutes. They had to resort to bringing Matt Ritchie on to try and save the game for goodness sake! If you truly believe what we faced today was a champions league standard side then I don’t know what to say. I’m not sure why so many are struggling with the context here.
Agree. Newcastle aren't up to speed because of Tonali suspension and other injuries. Gordon and Guilmares (if correct spelling) aren't enough to build a Champions League team even though Longstaff works hard. Harvey Barnes isn't CL quality in my opinion. Both Trippier and Burn are flagging because they haven't been able to be rested. Not enough team cohesion either due to frequent injuries.

I can’t find any post match comment in print from Eddie so far, which seems odd. Would obviously be interested in his take on the game and incidents. Did he have anything to say to MOTD?
He said from their point of view it was a good point. He tried to put a positive spin on it by saying they were unbeaten in a while now.

Yesterday aside I actually think we've done quite well with refs decisions this season, especially compared to last season. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I find it difficult not to suspect that the refs get together at the start of a season and decide which team's going to get all the bad breaks. Not sure who it is this season, Burnley maybe? Or Sheffield. Newcastle fans might have even thought it's them but then they got a penalty.

I believe refs find it difficult not to be affected when 50,000 fans are claiming all tackles to be fouls, whether its bias or not they get caught up mentally in the situation. its the same when a shot hits someone in the box and everyone shouts handball.
Many of the rules are not being followed, you saw how players were standing in front of the ball stopping a quick free kick being taken so that players could get back into position. then you have players and staff getting in the refs ear at half time. It shouldn't be allowed. refs have to toughen up.
Should really form part of the vetting. How resolute they are. Guess everyone has a tipping point of pressure, succumbing to influence.

Well most. Collina didn't seem to be perturbed by occasion, atmosphere AFAIK.

You think people have left the forum because of me? Don’t bother DM’ing me then.

There’s so many of them… have the courage of your convictions and name the first ten publically. It’s not like they will read it…

Bad keeper? KingKieffer? ;)

Kirsikka is the only one I can think of in recent times.

Cockbeard.... Alchemist ....a whole sh1t load of Americans......and Neils mum doesn't post as much as she did.
Probably because she died recently. ;) Which is a case in point because around the time that was happening I wasn’t on here much. People have ebbs and flows in life and assuming someone isn’t on here because they don’t like the stuff they read is a bit presumptuous . Unless of course they state it while leaving in which case it’s a definite.

You think people have left the forum because of me? Don’t bother DM’ing me then.

There’s so many of them… have the courage of your convictions and name the first ten publically. It’s not like they will read it…
Things that are said in confidence stay that way.

Anyway, others are doing a pretty good job of coming up with some good names.

If you can't think of one, you have possibly become very self-absorbed.

Just for the heck of it, I tracked back to pre-2020 and read a few threads where you had posted. Sure, some arguments back and forth, but also a lot of insights on what was going on on the field. Hell, some tremendous match reports!

I liked those times better than these.

;