Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth

Their win last week was a complete and total fluke. They're incredibly s***, probably one of the worst teams in the league, and the only reason they might not go down this year is because there are about 5 other teams that are just as bad as they are.

Oh you've really gone and done it now. :grinning:

Let's hope that's not coming back to haunt you on Sunday.

Newcastle v Bournemouth

Like Huddersfield, Newcastle picked up their first win of the seasonlast week, which will have been a massive weight lifted off their players' shoulders.

The Magpies also get the chance to follow up that win against beatable opposition, and on home turf too.

When I say "beatable", I mean that as good as Bournemouth have been this season, it is not as though the Magpies are going away to play a top-four team.

As a player, when you finally win a game after a long wait, it can change your mindset. I am not saying the Magpies are going to surge up the table, but this is a chance for Rafa Benitez's side to carry on their momentum.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46129408

Well if Newcastle setup to attack and win the game then that's ok by us, because we'd have more chance winning ourselves than we would if they setup to defend. Rafa is excellent at setting up a team defensively, better than Mark Hughes. And like Hughes did, if Rafa wanted to grind out a 0-0 draw, there's a good chance he'd achieve that. Should be a good game.

"it is not as though the Magpies are going away to play a top-four team"

he's right. They're staying at home to play a top 6 team instead.

Newcastle v Bournemouth

Like Huddersfield, Newcastle picked up their first win of the seasonlast week, which will have been a massive weight lifted off their players' shoulders.

The Magpies also get the chance to follow up that win against beatable opposition, and on home turf too.

When I say "beatable", I mean that as good as Bournemouth have been this season, it is not as though the Magpies are going away to play a top-four team.

As a player, when you finally win a game after a long wait, it can change your mindset. I am not saying the Magpies are going to surge up the table, but this is a chance for Rafa Benitez's side to carry on their momentum.

Somebody please please please forward this to Eddie and get him to stick it on the dressing room wall ! That should help prevent a repeat of our Burnley performance ! Let's shove it up 'em !
:utc:

It’s not even as if you can say...well at least he is likeable. Lawro has always been a tv nomark. How he gets employment is beyond me.

His predictions are an absolute disgrace to the concept of deductive reasoning, and usually go something like this:

Team A has won 5 games in a row without conceding.
Team B has lost 5 games in a row without scoring.
You know what, I fancy Team B to get something from this.

I'm not sure if he likes being contrarian, or is simply a dumbass.

Newcastle v Bournemouth

He predicts a Saints win too

I am officially declaring this 'bottom of the table week' because this is another winnable game for a team in and around the relegation zone.

He predicts a Saints win too

I am officially declaring this 'bottom of the table week' because this is another winnable game for a team in and around the relegation zone.

Saints fans will be pleased, wasn’t their last home win against us?

I wonder what he predicted then.

Yes, well I have the last .50p of my £10 monthly betting budget on a Bournemouth win - so there! Confident I'll soon have a storming £1.20 to lose on a Sunday game.
:utc:

Well all I can say is you probably won't be as wasteful as us were last week!

Newcastle weren't great but got the win so fair enough.

Hopefully we won't be such a problem v Southampton...

Speaking of bad pundits - just heard Danny Kelly say you've not done much on the road.

I guess winning your last two games 7-0 on aggerate isn't enough!

;