Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth

There are plenty of poor teams but no easy games in the Premier League. Southampton at home being the perfect example. Even the terrible teams can set up a defence well. Hopefully Newcastle try to play a bit to open the game up!

The team today:

afcb.jpg

A start for Ibe. At least it will be entertaining on here this evening, whatever happens!

Josh was expected back today, so a shame not to see him. Really hope he doesn't go away for the internationals as he always seems to get injured when away.

That won’t cause any debate on here whatsoever!
I think Mousset has done more to deserve a start by not playing than Ibe has by playing.

Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see where he does play. Maybe just off Wilson up top? If he plays on a wing we'll be in trouble, I think.

I expect to see Moose off the bench at some point, too.

Meltdown blaming the ref on NSC lol. Obvious red card, offside for the winner is only contentious for the guy going to head it where Dunk clearly wins it anyway, so not sure it would be intefering with play as there's no way Dunk leaves it even if the Cardiff player isn't there. It's also not the ref's job to call offside!

I don't think it's over exaggerating to say that today might be crucial to Ibe's future at the club.

He won't get many more opportunities where both King and Stan are out, and he's hardly grabbed the opportunities given to him so far. Can't see him getting much more of a look-in if he doesn't deliver today.

It's a great opportunity for him, he needs to work his socks off and not over-complicate things when he gets the ball.

;