Next Manager Betting Odds

You didn’t read my post properly, this is getting quite tiring now.... I said that I’ve never felt as disillusioned watching a group of players since Jimmy Quinn, due to their mentality and work ethic. I wasn’t talking about the quality of football. Please read my posts properly if you’re going to claim that I’ve said something.
If it’s getting tiring you could always stop posting.

“Read my posts properly”? You’re also starting to sound like Smhinto/Cherrybright!

I really don’t know how many of you guys get the time to post so much on here, must be more people furloughed than I thought!

First day of soldier school:

"This is the trigger, and this is the thing you point at whatever you want to die."
You don't touch a rifle or any weapon system on the first day, but that is what the naive think of the infantry so I will let you off.

Well players have looked clueless for last 4 games, I was still expecting them to come out fighting and win comfortably last night.
Last time we looked like this was under Paul Groves, and Eddie came in and the players completely changed, immediately. That's what we need now, not sure though who could do it.
It's easy to say who we don't want, harder to say who we do.
John Terry would be another big gamble, no management experience. Mark mcadam mentioned Mark Hughes on sky, yikes, has he ever achieved anything?
Bilic experienced manager, Pearson but how long would he last before falling out. Frank does he have what it takes?
Woodgate surely not.

Mitchell brought Eddie in, so this owner and board have not had to make an appointment until Tindall. So strange to allow Tindall the transfer window, unless the ins/outs were not in his control. Bringing in Woodgate as #2 seems odd, any new manager (non internal) would likely want his own backroom staff?

Just all seems a bit fishy to me. So Woodgate for interim/6 months is my guess. Lampard might be a red herring with the Harry connections.

Happy to be wrong on all counts

Seriously, no one even on their radar after the last few weeks! :unsure: Are they really that inept?! :rolleyes:

Not an issue IMO. It was because we already did have someone in mind last time that we didn’t go through the proper process and therefore never really knew if we’d appointed the best man for the job.

Equally they’re hardly going to come out and show their cards even if they do have a preferred shortlist, these things should be done behind the scenes. Otherwise if you don’t land your #1 or #2 target then you’ve basically announced to the world that your new manager was not the one you had in mind.

Not an issue IMO. It was because we already did have someone in mind last time that we didn’t go through the proper process and therefore never really knew if we’d appointed the best man for the job.

Equally they’re hardly going to come out and show their cards even if they do have a preferred shortlist, these things should be done behind the scenes. Otherwise if you don’t land your #1 or #2 target then you’ve basically announced to the world that your new manager was not the one you had in mind.

All very good points. I’m still lacking any form of confidence in those managing the process and making the decision though.

Which could be argued as the same at most clubs, but obviously I never pay much attention to them.

Last edited:
You didn’t read my post properly, this is getting quite tiring now.... I said that I’ve never felt as disillusioned watching a group of players since Jimmy Quinn, due to their mentality and work ethic. I wasn’t talking about the quality of football. Please read my posts properly if you’re going to claim that I’ve said something.

Nothing wrong with my reading thanks. I wasn't talking about quality of football either. You said you were going to find the nearest bridge, suggesting extreme disillusionment. I was suggesting that considering how disillusioned you were with Tindall (Ie rock bottom) that anyone else would surely be a step up. Hope that clarifies.

Seriously, no one even on their radar after the last few weeks! :unsure: Are they really that inept?! :rolleyes:
Well I'm not sure that's necessarily true...they're hardly going to come out and say they've identified the man they want. I think they're doing the right thing, as they need to see what interest/applications they get together with approaches from agents regarding incumbent managers.

Mitchell brought Eddie in, so this owner and board have not had to make an appointment until Tindall. So strange to allow Tindall the transfer window, unless the ins/outs were not in his control. Bringing in Woodgate as #2 seems odd, any new manager (non internal) would likely want his own backroom staff?

Just all seems a bit fishy to me. So Woodgate for interim/6 months is my guess. Lampard might be a red herring with the Harry connections.

Happy to be wrong on all counts

Murray bought Eddie in.
Eddie was working with the under 15s at the time

;