Nicolas Jackson

One would assume the additions of Dango and this lad, would put to bed the attempts to sign Semenyo...

Looking at his profiles online he seems to be able to play all across the pitch in an attacking role...

'If' he signs that would give us Tavs, Dango, Anthony and Jackson to fight it out for the wide roles and potentially add Jackson to playing off of Moore/Solanke...

Looking a bit stronger up top (hopefully) than we did 5 days ago...
We'd certainly have more attacking options if this one goes through, possibly enough to get the job done, with all players fit (?)

It would be nice not to have to score five to win the match though :p, so we need to get a couple of defenders in now, particularly a proper right back from somewhere. Fingers crossed that we are making progress for recruits at the other end of the pitch too.

I am indifferent about the RB position... Smith didn't look fit last Saturday for whatever reason, and I genuinely like Stacey. I know that opinion won't go down that well on here, but I am less worried about RB than I am for someone to 'challenge' (not take) the LB role, and I'd also like to see maybe a creative CM come in, but again... could Rothwell fit that position given time on the pitch...???

From Saints Echo.

One source has suggested to the Daily Echo that a move to Saints now seems unlikely, with Cherries thought to be leading the chase.

South-coast rivals are now shopping in a similar market after their takeover by American billionaire Bill Foley was completed this month.

He has demonstrated an ambition to not only keep Bournemouth in the Premier League but take them to the next level, and is expected to provide the funds to make that a possibility.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/2...king-beat-january-move-saints-target-jackson/
But we also need a manager to do that ..

I am indifferent about the RB position... Smith didn't look fit last Saturday for whatever reason, and I genuinely like Stacey. I know that opinion won't go down that well on here, but I am less worried about RB than I am for someone to 'challenge' (not take) the LB role, and I'd also like to see maybe a creative CM come in, but again... could Rothwell fit that position given time on the pitch...???
As much as it pains me to say it, I am now in the camp that believes that Smithy is in gradual decline. I like Stacey too but a strong, proven RB, to be ready for when Smithy is injured or simply can't do the job any more would be nice to have.
With Stacey and Smith it feels like we have 1.5 right backs, whereas 2.5 would definitely be preferable. We don't want to be throwing kids in for as long as we are in the PL. In the Championship I think we could take that risk but not in the PL. I do think we still lack cover at RB personally. :unsure:

SSN

Bournemouth close to £22.5m Jackson deal

Bournemouth are close to finalising a deal to sign Villarreal forwardNicolas Jackson.

The deal is thought to be worth £22.5m including add-ons.

Jackson’s representatives are in Villarreal discussing the structure of the payments as well as a sell-on clause for the Spanish club.

Once the deal is fully agreed, Jackson will fly to the UK for a medical. One source is hopeful that will happen in the next 24 hours.

Jackson was the subject of interest from a number of Premier League clubs.

Southampton had held talks with Villarreal but have moved on to other targets.

Bournemouthare also in talks with West Ham over the permanent signing of goalkeeper Darren Randolph.

Randolph has entered the final six months of his contract at the London Stadium.

If and when deal is agreed, Randolph will provide competition for Mark Travers and Neto.

Last edited:
I’ve done the usual you tube trawl and I know that’s fraught with doubts over the other 99% of their time on the pitch BUT there are certain fundamentals- he is big, strong, quick and has a v good technique allied to a change of pace. He left a couple of la Liga defenders for dead - giving them a two yard start.

I’ve done the usual you tube trawl and I know that’s fraught with doubts over the other 99% of their time on the pitch BUT there are certain fundamentals- he is big, strong, quick and has a v good technique allied to a change of pace. He left a couple of la Liga defenders for dead - giving them a two yard start.

Yeah, but one of them was Diego Rico

Hopefully leaves defenders a bit like this in a couple of weeks time

Attachments

• callum at brighton.jpg
    callum at brighton.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 28
"I'm sorry Nic Jackson, oooooo. I am for real"

On a more serious note, I hope he can play centrally and not just out wide as with Dango out wide on the right and Anthony hitting some form, another wide player probably not our top priority right now
And Tav to come back and maybe the occasional cameo from brooks at some point

;