non - big news for Line of Duty fans

Thought it was decent to be fair, wrapped it all up nicely.

Hate it when long running tv programmes decide to do some weird plot twist finish which ignores years of what the programme was all about.

Thought it was decent to be fair, wrapped it all up nicely.

Hate it when long running tv programmes decide to do some weird plot twist finish which ignores years of what the programme was all about.

I don’t think it needed to be some weird twist or anything, but the last 20 minutes especially just felt so plodding and...dull. Like watching an AFCB cup game. Line of Duty has thrived on having these really tense, exciting and well written interview scenes. The final one of the season was honestly just shite.

Just dull.

I suppose they wanted to leave it as a final ever episode or just in case set up another series.

Buckell’s smile clearly showed he got away with it, Does Carmichael seem less assured about things, Ted now appealing against retirement.....

In a meet this week and our ceo was angry and cussed at one point: Jesus, Mary and Joseph and I couldn’t resist adding “don’t forget the Wee donkey”.

Don’t think it went down well (not sure they understood it tbh) but cheered me up!
CEO?

Bit of a damp squib in the end after all the build up.

But it seems it might have left it open for another series, although it mentioned AC 12’s powers are a lot weaker in the summing up at the end.

I don’t think it needed to be some weird twist or anything, but the last 20 minutes especially just felt so plodding and...dull. Like watching an AFCB cup game. Line of Duty has thrived on having these really tense, exciting and well written interview scenes. The final one of the season was honestly just shite.

I can see that but then, tense and well written interrogation would have gone somewhat against the character, who wasn’t a criminal mastermind etc.

Sure they could have had longer in the final episode to extend that by wrapping up Arnott’s medical side or Hastings’ confession. But then the fantastic interrogation of Davidson would have been shorter and perhaps less epic.

Just dull.

I suppose they wanted to leave it as a final ever episode or just in case set up another series.

Buckell’s smile clearly showed he got away with it, Does Carmichael seem less assured about things, Ted now appealing against retirement.....

Buckell’s smile definately suggests that , or that there are still those in high places who will either protect him or carry on the OCG corruption within the police ....
Carmichael I think just a career jobsworth - not bent but perhaps is having doubts about those she looks up to and respects ?
In the previous episode , after Jo protected Kate by claiming she’d shot Ryan - Carmichael clearly knew it was rubbish but said to Kate “ I’m not gullible , but I’m pragmatic “
Perhaps she’ll approach Ted’s confession in the same way ?

Ted - honourable retirement, but continue to “ consult “ when AC12 still need it .... Chloe Bishop to rise up the ranks ....

Who knows !
I’ve enjoyed it though , think I will go back to season one and start from the beginning again ...

Bit of a damp squib in the end after all the build up.

But it seems it might have left it open for another series, although it mentioned AC 12’s powers are a lot weaker in the summing up at the end.
I think it said ‘weaker currently’ which I read as there would be a further series or perhaps a one-off finale.

If I had done a spreadsheet of those involved since series 1 I don't think I would have picked up the bumbling Brummie. Very clever writing (but is it the end?) and the contrast between his cocky No Comments and Jo's brilliant. As for being the 4th man 2 5/8 at best.

Watched it for the first time last night to see what the hype is about....3/4 of the way through...engrossed...said to the missus..." Crikey what have we missed ..this is Brill "
20 mins later.....it just spluttered like a car running out of petrol.... no dramatic highspot.. or did we just 'not get it' by missing the previous stuff.
I'd read a summary of the series events online....and expected a big explosive finish..
...it has to further conclude surely?

Last edited:

;