Non - Brexit

Not accepting responsibility for your actions is at the heart of the many failures of governance in the country.

How are the 52 camp going to deliver the benefits without facing up to why they have failed so fair and what needs to be done better going forward.

Yes it’s weird. If Brian hiccups it gets moved to his own thread but there’s a really good 100 page Brexit thread (if you have no life) to move this to…. But it stays here on a thread about Luis.

Perhaps time for a Neil, SDD, Hughes and Blake thread too? ;)

Yes it’s weird. If Brian hiccups it gets moved to his own thread but there’s a really good 100 page Brexit thread (if you have no life) to move this to…. But it stays here on a thread about Luis.

I don’t know about these things until I’m pointed in the right direction by the alert/report function.

Bwexit ? Bwexy wexy Bwexit... Whas dat den ? ...in the Big Picture...with moronic nut jobs in positions of power around the Planet...with mega military assets of frightening capacity ready at hand...and buttons !

Fruit loops knocking around Brussels and more in the green seats of Westminster gonna be a lot of use eh ? .....I mean F√ck me sideways... .....Sunak...Starmer...Ed Davey...Duppy Donaldson in NI and the swarthy Jock pretender sat on Hadrian's Wall !

Bwexit ?....Ged ahd of it...Move On.
See the Big Picture !

Last edited:
Not everything is ’shining bright’ n the EU.

Farmers are holding demonstrations right across the continent, with the targets of their anger usually the same - national governments who are seen as failing to support their farmers, and the European Union, which is blamed for imposing burdensome regulations.

Not everything is ’shining bright’ n the EU.

Farmers are holding demonstrations right across the continent, with the targets of their anger usually the same - national governments who are seen as failing to support their farmers, and the European Union, which is blamed for imposing burdensome regulations.

We should never have ...oh wait.

Well we don't want no more Bat Flu or the like of coming in from China or any other less than vigilant conurbation of nation states.....so whoever is imposing a ban on pests and diseases are not exactly a f√cking enemy of the people ....are they ?

Brexit means Brexit, but not what you may think.

For the umpteenth time, my son, with an Ikea stuffed ball he has had since infancy, is playing football in the living room. He is joined by one of his best friends, an equally football-obsessed 10-year-old who, before slide-tackling in what can only be described as a deliberate attempt to knock my son’s legs off, shouts: “Brexit means Brexit!” Confused, I pass it off as an example of tweenage precocity: which 10-year-old is happy to quote Theresa May while playing football?

Over the next year, however, I will hear the term used again and again when my son plays football at the local park. He turns 11 and is off to secondary school. There, too, the phrase seems to have become a “thing”. One evening, as he recounts the details of how he got a painful-looking graze on his shin, he quotes the attacking player’s prelude to clattering into him: “Brexit means Brexit!” I ask, finally, why people are saying this. Nonchalantly, as he practises “skills” with the same softball, he explains that the Brexit tackle “is a tackle that doesn’t get the ball, only takes out the player”. Urban Dictionary concurs, stating it is, among other things, “when somebody hits a massive slide tackle and usually sends them flying and it hurts them servely [sic]”.

At first, I assumed this was a north London phenomenon until a quick Google proved otherwise. TikTok, now “the most favourable single source of news” for teenagers, was where my research flourished. In one TikTok post, football content creator Kalan Lisbie, with tongue firmly in cheek, walks viewers through “how to do the Brexit tackle”. He informs us that “the first thing you need to do is pretend like you’re going to boot the ball away and not tackle. Second thing is that you want to rotate those hips and as soon as you rotate, you want to take absolutely everything … and then just clean him”. A commenter on another video notes that school football is now more like WWE.

Brexit means Brexit, but not what you may think.

For the umpteenth time, my son, with an Ikea stuffed ball he has had since infancy, is playing football in the living room. He is joined by one of his best friends, an equally football-obsessed 10-year-old who, before slide-tackling in what can only be described as a deliberate attempt to knock my son’s legs off, shouts: “Brexit means Brexit!” Confused, I pass it off as an example of tweenage precocity: which 10-year-old is happy to quote Theresa May while playing football?

Over the next year, however, I will hear the term used again and again when my son plays football at the local park. He turns 11 and is off to secondary school. There, too, the phrase seems to have become a “thing”. One evening, as he recounts the details of how he got a painful-looking graze on his shin, he quotes the attacking player’s prelude to clattering into him: “Brexit means Brexit!” I ask, finally, why people are saying this. Nonchalantly, as he practises “skills” with the same softball, he explains that the Brexit tackle “is a tackle that doesn’t get the ball, only takes out the player”. Urban Dictionary concurs, stating it is, among other things, “when somebody hits a massive slide tackle and usually sends them flying and it hurts them servely [sic]”.

At first, I assumed this was a north London phenomenon until a quick Google proved otherwise. TikTok, now “the most favourable single source of news” for teenagers, was where my research flourished. In one TikTok post, football content creator Kalan Lisbie, with tongue firmly in cheek, walks viewers through “how to do the Brexit tackle”. He informs us that “the first thing you need to do is pretend like you’re going to boot the ball away and not tackle. Second thing is that you want to rotate those hips and as soon as you rotate, you want to take absolutely everything … and then just clean him”. A commenter on another video notes that school football is now more like WWE.

So a Brexit tackle is one designed solely to hurt the opposition and then suffer the punishment for your stupid actions. A perfect analogy.

;