Non - Brexit

Apologise for what? I stand by it 100% questioning the motivation of people who were fighting and dying for the RAF to save our country? You can shove your apology request up your **** mate.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:It would be easier if you just put the quote up . While your at it have a go at all the posters that put up links showing how those heroic airmen went from country to country , anywhere that they could fight the Germans , that was my point as anyone reading can see they were in England to fight the Nazi not protect the white cliffs Dover . They were the bravest of men but if England had fallen they would have been on the first boat to Canada of were ever else ...we gave them the ability to fight Germany as was my point when discussing it with Rob ...who incidentally is probably sitting with a cat on his lap cackling like dr Evil ;)

Last edited:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:It would be easier if you just put the quote up . While your at it have a go at all the posters that put up links showing how those heroic airmen went from country to country , anywhere that they could fight the Germans , that was my point as anyone reading can see they were in England to fight the Nazi not protect the white cliffs Dover . They were the bravest of men but if England had fallen they would have been on the first boat to Canada of were ever else ...we gave them the ability to fight Germany as was my point when discussing it with Rob ...who insidently

I honestly don't understand the point you are making. Would our airmen not have continued the fight from Canada? Were the British fighting over Kent any different from the Poles or New Zealanders? Were the Americans fighting to save Britain, America, Europe or their own national interest?

You insinuated that our soilders were fighting to save Poland yet theirs were not fighting to save Britain - what point we're you trying to make? Why split hairs over the motivation of soilders based on their nationality and not simply appreciate what they all did for us?

May also has a 21% lead over him in a run-off question on who people would prefer to be prime minister. 31% replied don't know.

So 45% of people (questioned by an independent media company) back the prime minister, 55% don't, time to leave.

Which policies of the current government did the 45% approve of ?

May also has a 21% lead over him in a run-off question on who people would prefer to be prime minister. 31% replied don't know.

So 45% of people (questioned by an independent media company) back the prime minister, 55% don't, time to leave.

Which policies of the current government did the 45% approve of ?

Tbf Jim I don't reckon it's so much approval as much as dislike of the alternative in both cases.

A UK version of picking Trump or Hillary.

You don't do "politically correct" do you Bill?

When you have served in the old Royal Navy, on being discharged you become an elite member of "PC is for Snowflakes Club", membership forms are available from our club secretary, the Horrible Honourable Alan Gard CDM and Bar, and that's a FACT. BillMcgarry is our lifetime President due to his unique ability to turn a three course meal into Fish & Chips in less that two sentences.;)

I honestly don't understand the point you are making. Would our airmen not have continued the fight from Canada? Were the British fighting over Kent any different from the Poles or New Zealanders? Were the Americans fighting to save Britain, America, Europe or their own national interest?

You insinuated that our soilders were fighting to save Poland yet theirs were not fighting to save Britain - what point we're you trying to make? Why split hairs over the motivation of soilders based on their nationality and not simply appreciate what they all did for us?

Ok . Well your obviously not going to quote me as having anything but good things to say about the Poles or Czech airmen .
Again Robs quote was along the lines of “ will we expect Europeans to die on our behalf “ so youve agreed it’s all about national interest not on our behalf .
“ you must be naive if we went to war to defend Poland “
We signed a mutual aggression pact with Poland ,so yes that was the reason we went to war . I’m not sure what other reasons you think there were other than a general feeling of the Nazis must be stopped .
As far as insulting the memory of servicemen that died which you kind of claimed i did can you imagine if you said to a survivor of the British expeditionary force or of Dunkirk. “ if we were supposed to be defending Poland we didn’t do a very good job “ or were you suggesting we should have gone to war with the red army in 1945? .....

Anyway it could go on and on but this is a Brexit thread so this is my last word on the subject . Anyone of any nationality that died fighting Nazi Germany were hero’s that should never be forgotten .

Edited to say fair play to you though for fighting on even when your argument was shot full of holes and your co pilot had already bailed :thumbup:

Last edited:
You don't do "politically correct" do you Bill?
It was a veiled reference to Zahas diving/acting and Roys Drama in the dressing room! If that's P/ incorrect.? It's not politics! .No I don't do PC, don't even recognise its place in our culture generally.
It's Ok to apply it in matters of serious concern..but it's too readily used in situations where only moderate humour is intended!

Last edited:
Forget World War 2.

This is something we need to put right.

The World Cup - Germany won it 4 times.. England 1.

The European Cup - Germany won it 3 times. England 0.

When you have served in the old Royal Navy, on being discharged you become an elite member of "PC is for Snowflakes Club", membership forms are available from our club secretary, the Horrible Honourable Alan Gard CDM and Bar, and that's a FACT. BillMcgarry is our lifetime President due to his unique ability to turn a three course meal into Fish & Chips in less that two sentences.;)
Not sure what it's got to do with the RN....had my critics within that ! Certainly not everyone's cup of tea. Left it 25 years ago!

So labour will definately vote against any Brexit deal when it goes to parliament they have said . SNP will I suspect , DUP will probably have reservations on whatever boarder issue is involved in a ‘deal’ .

Is there a chance the government
won’t get a deal through even if they get the one they want ?

Would they therefore prefer a no deal?

Will it all result in another election ?

Although all the Brexit talk is doing my sweed it is starting to get quite interesting now don’t you think?

Ok . Well your obviously not going to quote me as having anything but good things to say about the Poles or Czech airmen .
Again Robs quote was along the lines of “ will we expect Europeans to die on our behalf “ so youve agreed it’s all about national interest not on our behalf .
“ you must be naive if we went to war to defend Poland “
We signed a mutual aggression pact with Poland ,so yes that was the reason we went to war . I’m not sure what other reasons you think there were other than a general feeling of the Nazis must be stopped .
As far as insulting the memory of servicemen that died which you kind of claimed i did can you imagine if you said to a survivor of the British expeditionary force or of Dunkirk. “ if we were supposed to be defending Poland we didn’t do a very good job “ or were you suggesting we should have gone to war with the red army in 1945? .....

Anyway it could go on and on but this is a Brexit thread so this is my last word on the subject . Anyone of any nationality that died fighting Nazi Germany were hero’s that should never be forgotten .

Edited to say fair play to you though for fighting on even when your argument was shot full of holes and your co pilot had already bailed :thumbup:

I can only see holes in one argument here - and I still don't get why you're trying to make some sort of moral distinction between Poles fighting the Nazis here in the Battle of Britain with the BEF fighting in France. How were we fighting on their behalf but they weren't fighting for us despite actually being on our territory?

Do you disagree that our politicians sold the Poles down the river after the war?

But, yes you are right we've disrupted the thread long enough so let's agree 100% on your last paragraph (pre edit) and try harder to get on next time. :thumbup:

It was a veiled reference to Zahas diving/acting and Roys Drama in the dressing room! If that's P/ incorrect.? It's not politics! .No I don't do PC, don't even recognise its place in our culture generally.
It's Ok to apply it in matters of serious concern..but it's too readily used in situations where only moderate humour is intended!

It wasn't intended as a dig at you, Bill - I find your attitude refreshing - you don't take yourself - or anything else - too seriously!!

;