Non - Brexit

Europe will do anything in its power to keep the UK in Europe.
You really do have them by the balls.
If you leave then many other states will also want to leave.

Surely May will either resign now as this was ‘the best deal she could get’ or face a leadership bid with enough letters of no confidence going on? Farce

Plenty of smoke coming from Paris

2000hrs tonight. Macron grovels to the nation on live TV.

People power has worked. Taxes stopped, and further concessions coming.

Meanwhile in the UK...They just take it.
And they call the French surrender monkey's.

These protests are an internal French issue though aren't they? rather than an anti EU one.

Folk have forgotten the poll tax riots and how they worked.

These protests are an internal French issue though aren't they? rather than an anti EU one.

Folk have forgotten the poll tax riots and how they worked.

They seem to mean all sorts of things to different people. With no leadership to the movement, it's possible for all sorts to get involved in the confusion I guess.

1544447438774.png

1544447720189.png
1544447798614.png

On the other hand...
1544447778719.png

It's really quite something for Macron to unite completely different sides of political thought onto the streets against him.

Last edited:
FFS what next...pulling A 50 ?......
As for laws..well
Who is obeying anything that is invented in a football forum! FFS!

These elected people have access to more secretive higher echelons of legislation than anyone on here can dream of!!!!!!!

The EU are trying to make it easy for us to stay, but making it very hard for us to leave, hence the ‘dreaded’ backstop.

The EU need our money, think we are the second highest contributors to it, they have a lot of ‘poor’ members.

We hear the argument the people who voted to Leave had different reasons.

The bottom line is they voted to Leave and it should be honoured.

Theresa May has been trying her best with her hands ‘tied’ by Remainers and Leavers. She says we have got a lot of what the people voted for, it is just that word backstop and its future implications that is probably splitting the two camps.

I wish I could watch sky news today, sadly I’m at work, from what a gather certain people are now saying May cannot cancel vote herself this has to be voted on by MPs.

From Twitter -

‘Some Tory MPs now saying they won’t vote to call the meaningful vote off if a vote is required. This could get very dangerous. There could be no greater display of political impotence than a prime minister who not only can’t win a vote but can’t even cancel one.’

Now being suggested / speculated that May will later announce a delay in Parliment's vote on the Withdrawal Agreement, with an intention to go back to the EU and try renegotiating the 'backstop' part of the agreement (the bit that caused all the resignations recently).

We'll have to see if that speculation is true.

If it is, I've absolutely no idea whether there's even the faintest chance she could successfully change that part of the agreement but it's the main bit that makes me hesitate from supporting it.

No, we still have our own laws in this country and the date and time of leaving are written into statute - that is not overruled by an ECJ ruling.
the ECJ ruluing says that a decision to return must follow a "democratic process" i.e. a new law or a revoking of a current law.
So parliament is the supreme law maker and not the ECJ ?

her hands ‘tied’ by Remainers and Leavers.

A strong and capable leader should be able to organise untying the knot.
Remainers and Leavers make up 100% of those who voted.

So parliament is the supreme law maker and not the ECJ ?
You can argue it either way depending on what the law is. Parliament passes stacks of laws every year that don't get referred to or overruled by the ECJ. In this instance the ECJ has not overturned a UK law they have said it is possible for the UK to cancel Brexit but it must "follow a (UK) democratic process". Interestingly the EU is furious with the ruling as they see it opening the way for other countries to opt to leave and then renegotiate a better deal with the guarantee they can always opt back in again fi they don't like the deal.

I wish I could watch sky news today, sadly I’m at work, from what a gather certain people are now saying May cannot cancel vote herself this has to be voted on by MPs.

From Twitter -

‘Some Tory MPs now saying they won’t vote to call the meaningful vote off if a vote is required. This could get very dangerous. There could be no greater display of political impotence than a prime minister who not only can’t win a vote but can’t even cancel one.’

What the Monkeys F##k has Twitter got to do with anything that F##king breathes!

;