Non - Brexit

If the government wins the no confidence vote when can they table another one (when May won the conservative no confidence vote she was safe for another year).

Different scenario. The last no confidence vote was under Conservative party rules which contain the “no further vote for 12 months” condition. Labour’s no confidence vote is a Parliamentary process. Not absolutely sure but I don’t think a Parliamentary vote of no confidence is time limited but obviously there is no point in repeated attempts given the result is likely to be the same, given party voting.

They already knew the bloody result before it happened......Minty told the bookies the result...they told Theresa... ".yeah" she said, " I f'kin know that....but I've got my f'kin Rose Tinteds ' on!"

Last edited:
Different scenario. The last no confidence vote was under Conservative party rules which contain the “no further vote for 12 months” condition. Labour’s no confidence vote is a Parliamentary process. Not absolutely sure but I don’t think a Parliamentary vote of no confidence is time limited but obviously there is no point in repeated attempts given the result is likely to be the same, given party voting.

Ah ok, so if mays next deal gets rejected as per tonight it isn’t worth them having another no confidence motion

The people who voted leave voted for what? Hard Brexit, common market part 2, WTO rules, Canada mk2, Norway mk 2, etc., etc. They have to put the options to the public and give us a choice.

What options are you going to put to the public? We won't even be able to agree on that.

Interestingly, according to the money man on tv, the pound has rallied as hard Brexit looks off the cards and secondly that Brexit may not happen at all. Not my words but the words of the financial expert.

Not quite his words either. He said he didn't know why the pound rallied against all expectations and he said speculation was that it was either of the two reasons you stated also possibly because the decision has been delayed.

Who else has a Plan? Could be, and the history books might show it...that May was the only one who actually knew what she was doing. Who else has talked any sense on either side....any sense that the public can make sense of?

So far as I can reckon, even if May wins the confidence vote, its possible she may feel the pressure / obligation to stand down if the margin is small.

One thought: if Corbyn wins, presumably he then is forced to stand up in front of Parliament and the country at some point, and finally tell us what he'd do. That'd be a turn up, it could make or break him.

Highlight of my evening was straight after the vote, when Matt Hancock, who had obviously lost a huge game of scissors paper stone with the rest of the government, was roasted alive by Andrew Neill.

After 15 or so minutes even I started to feel sorry for him.

You think opposition to EU membership is a recent thing? It goes back 40 years on and off.
Christ alive you do Reply to everything on this topic.

Regarding your adoration of this subject, I agree opposition has been there but demographics have shown that a large chunk of people who have traditionally had views towards the EU that are negative are of an older generation who have enjoyed the benefits of growth etc that came from our membership of the EU. Why should they have it and others don’t?

Recently though, the weaponisation of the hatred towards the EU has been amped up considerably over the last 5 years. I think the press have had a free ride and have been allowed to print whatever they want to demonise the EU as it took the heat off the Govt in London. I think we all agree for example the straight banana issue was complete ******************************** but a hostahe of the U.K. media’s search for lies.

Our problems in this country are created and enforced by those in Downing St, not in my opinion by those in Brussels.

We need answers, and accountability. It’s not by burning the bridges we survive on and cross every day.

I await your dissertation

clearly different ones to the first lot which were never achievable in the first place

Weren't they achievable or was it a fait accomplit?

When I was a kid my mum was selecting amongst me and my siblings for someone to do the washing up. I was selected and proceeded to do the most shambolic job of washing the dishes ever seen in modern history. It went back to the selection process the next time and my mother, who was now much better informed in her decision making, selected one of my other siblings for the job and I never got asked again.

Christ alive you do Reply to everything on this topic.

Regarding your adoration of this subject, I agree opposition has been there but demographics have shown that a large chunk of people who have traditionally had views towards the EU that are negative are of an older generation who have enjoyed the benefits of growth etc that came from our membership of the EU. Why should they have it and others don’t?

Recently though, the weaponisation of the hatred towards the EU has been amped up considerably over the last 5 years. I think the press have had a free ride and have been allowed to print whatever they want to demonise the EU as it took the heat off the Govt in London. I think we all agree for example the straight banana issue was complete ******** but a hostahe of the U.K. media’s search for lies.

Our problems in this country are created and enforced by those in Downing St, not in my opinion by those in Brussels.

We need answers, and accountability. It’s not by burning the bridges we survive on and cross every day.

I await your dissertation

My dissertation? As opposed to your six paragraph response to my one sentence?

Both pro and anti EU sentiment has risen as the result of the referendum. People who now are staggeringly pro European never gave it a second thought five years ago. It is not unique to one side of the debate at all.

Weren't they achievable or was it a fait accomplit?

When I was a kid my mum was selecting amongst me and my siblings for someone to do the washing up. I was selected and proceeded to do the most shambolic job of washing the dishes ever seen in modern history. It went back to the selection process the next time and my mother, who was now much better informed in her decision making, selected one of my other siblings for the job and I never got asked again.
Replace you with Farage and you have sanity.

;