Non - Brexit

My dissertation? As opposed to your six paragraph response to my one sentence?

Both pro and anti EU sentiment has risen as the result of the referendum. People who now are staggeringly pro European never gave it a second thought five years ago. It is not unique to one side of the debate at all.
Well you changed your mind. What do you not like about the EU now that you changed your mind ?

Well you changed your mind. What do you not like about the EU now that you changed your mind ?

I've not really changed my mind. I won't vote leave but I'll probably abstain or possibly vote for the middle ground option if there is one.

I was always conflicted in the original vote because I don't really like the EU - it is undemocratic and inefficient - but I voted to remain because I could live with the downsides of it more than I Iiked the outcome of leaving.

To be honest I can't understand why anybody is 100% one way or another. I would suggest these people haven't properly considered both options if they can't see any merit in the opposing argument.

Wait a minute!!!!! You’re anticipating a second referendum where you can vote for the middle option? When did this come about and what are the other options?

abstain or possibly vote for the middle ground option if there is one.

A non binary choice is a different basis to the Referendum

Wait a minute!!!!! You’re anticipating a second referendum where you can vote for the middle option? When did this come about and what are the other options?

Hold on, I'm not proposing a second referendum so I don't have to say what the options are. That should be you but you didn't fancy answering.

I'm forecasting what might happen and what I'd do if it did. You can tell because I said "if there is one" - for clarity I don't think there should be one.

If you take out the very extreme afficionados from each side..and ask the remaining majority of the electorate... they will say they don't care which way it goes now....but want it f#cking well sorted Quickly...so they can SORT OUT THEIR OWN PLANS. B...C...and D and so on for their own humble futures! At least half the electorate were on the fence at the outset knowing they have to adapt to events year in, year out whatever the political control from Westminster or the EU !

It quietly slipped out yesterday from the electoral commission that Labour has been fined for failing to timely and accurately disclose its donations for the 2017 general election.

Perhaps we should void the 2017 election as one side clearly broke electoral rules, making it undemocratic. Chuck out the resulting MPs from it, and have a re-run.

:cautious::slap:

*puts on tin foil hat*

We won't leave – this was never the plan – it will never happen.
Quite scary when you think about it.

:help:

Just want us to stay in for as long as possible so the EU tax avoidance laws kick in. Unless they are automatically void with A50 being launched?

Project Fear rumbles on,

Nicole Sykes, head of EU negotiations at the Confederation of British Industry which represents nearly 2,000 companies in the UK, says businesses are "really very worried" about heading towards a no-deal Brexit.
She adds that 80% of CBI members say they have pulled back on investment "directly as a result of Brexit".
"Businesses are asking for two things," she tells BBC Breakfast.
"Firstly, some leadership from politicians. Backbenches, government together working for some sort of compromise, some sort of unity that can get this deal moving.
"The second thing they're asking for is 'please don't go backwards'. If you start heading towards no deal, if you start heading towards a light-touch Canada-style free trade agreement, that's going to bring a lot of problems.
"Businesses have been pretty clear they would like something like a customs union, something like a deep regulatory relationship with the EU.
"But mostly it's about 'please move on, please compromise'."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/46874049

Project Fear rumbles on,

Nicole Sykes, head of EU negotiations at the Confederation of British Industry which represents nearly 2,000 companies in the UK, says businesses are "really very worried" about heading towards a no-deal Brexit.
She adds that 80% of CBI members say they have pulled back on investment "directly as a result of Brexit".
"Businesses are asking for two things," she tells BBC Breakfast.
"Firstly, some leadership from politicians. Backbenches, government together working for some sort of compromise, some sort of unity that can get this deal moving.
"The second thing they're asking for is 'please don't go backwards'. If you start heading towards no deal, if you start heading towards a light-touch Canada-style free trade agreement, that's going to bring a lot of problems.
"Businesses have been pretty clear they would like something like a customs union, something like a deep regulatory relationship with the EU.
"But mostly it's about 'please move on, please compromise'."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/46874049
The CBI, whilst not fans of Brexit in general, overwhelmingly backed May's deal. They gave her an ovation when she presented it to them and in their subsequent statement they urged politicians to support her deal.

Parliament, across parties, choose to go the other way. Whatever the other way will entale, that's on Parliament.

I would echo the CBI's line about the prudence of a compromise.

One way or another MONEY or something akin to a currency i.e. Property /Luxury Yachts etc. will be used Illegally to swing it to an outcome....just like in Football!

The CBI, whilst not fans of Brexit in general, overwhelmingly backed May's deal. They gave her an ovation when she presented it to them and in their subsequent statement they urged politicians to support her deal.

Parliament, across parties, choose to go the other way. Whatever the other way will entale, that's on Parliament.

I would echo the CBI's line about the prudence of a compromise.

Probably turned down because of the B word that has been used a lot and not B for Brexit.

The other reason they all have their own agendas.

This Corbyn guy is a bit of a useless plank.
Throughout this whole Brexit process all he has done is jockey for a position of power to call for a General Election.
Not once has he put the country first. And if he cant do it at a monumental time like this i wouldn't trust him to ever do it.

This Corbyn guy is a bit of a useless plank.
Throughout this whole Brexit process all he has done is jockey for a position of power to call for a General Election.
Not once has he put the country first. And if he cant do it at a monumental time like this i wouldn't trust him to ever do it.

Even May stole his thunder by announcing that if Labour want to call for a vote of no confidence in the government, she would make time on Wednesday (today).

Corbyn then spoke.

You could say that Corbyn has played a blinder. Be being completely vague about his Brexit plan and hammering home the incompetence of the government, he has managed not to upset lots of Labour voters, whether they voted in or out.

;