Non - Brexit

Ok, the EU told us they'd want a good clear reason to extend A50, so we voted down extending specifically to hold another referendum. But we now have voted to try and extend anyway, but without a clear reason?

At least it's a vote FOR something, the first one I think that's got a majority for anything.

Last edited:
You do realise that in some places the border goes through people's properties and businesses

To have a hard border you'd have to either change national boundaries or throw people out of places... or erect a checkpoint between Mrs O'Leary's lounge and kitchen!

Yeah thats been covered in a few tv documentaries...a few strange quirks that would need addressing.
My post , as is going to be the case from others the longer this goes on....did contain a degree of sarcasm.
Now you could ask ...why no serious constructive ideas.....that fit the situation......but such are the complications of Brexit.... that anything constructive put on here will be ripped to peices within minutes by many of the aspiring ' Civil Servantii' or indeed serving or retired civil servants who have access to deeper sources of information !
Combine that with the lack of anything constructive or forward orientated from MPs .....just leaves all open to ridicule or apathy!

I only dip in and out of this. Even though I'm pretty sure at some point in the future my pension or something will be collateral damage in this process since I live in the EU, whatever promises they make now. I can't influence things so mostly wait to see what happens to try and dissect afterwards.

However, over the past couple of days I've taken a bit of an interest again and one thing came on the radio in my drive home today. Apparently some Tories are saying they might back the May deal if she sets a date when she will resign as leader. Can someone explain what the heck that is about?

They had a leader who called the referendum who then walked away when the result came in leaving a chaotic mess for others to pick up. Now they're saying they might back a deal this replacement leader has put together but only if she leaves shortly after it goes through. So the next person can then say 'this is nothing to do with me' and yet another chaotic mess.

Am I missing something or is this utter insanity?

No need for party political point scoring on this. This is a genuine question as to what is going on for that to seem like a reasonable step for them?

Half the people that "aren't exactly in love with each other" live on the same side of the border and in some cases they do literally have hard borders between their communities - ironically called peace lines.

Perhaps we can call the new non hard / medium soft border the peace line. By some massive coincidence we have just handed over the sacrificial lamb from 72 , it might appease them.

Ive heard this question asked in our community several times;

What happens if we leave with a deal of sorts i.e. Mays deal......and somewhere down the line a subsequent government decides to renege on parts of any agreements or legislation, for example, something regarding Fishing rights.......what is the worst that can happen ?...and by then the EU is rocking on its heels due to other discontented members kicking off and leaving...i.e Italy, Holland or Spain !
Rules can be broken...as Trump is showing us !

I drift in and out of this thread.......two facts don’t change:-
1. McDonnell has stated that he supports the ideas of Marx, Lenin and Trotsky. Do we want him as deputy Prime Minister?
2. 27 of the 28 EU countries have populations smaller than Greater London. And they have the temerity to want to rule our lives !!!! Who the heck do they think they are ??

I drift in and out of this thread.......two facts don’t change:-
1. McDonnell has stated that he supports the ideas of Marx, Lenin and Trotsky. Do we want him as deputy Prime Minister?
2. 27 of the 28 EU countries have populations smaller than Greater London. And they have the temerity to want to rule our lives !!!! Who the heck do they think they are ??

I think your facts probably need to change.

So despite the EU telling us they'd want a good clear reason to extend A50, we voted down extending specifically to hold another referendum. But we now have voted to try and extend anyway, but without a clear reason?

At least it's a vote FOR something, the first one I think.
I only dip in and out of this. Even though I'm pretty sure at some point in the future my pension or something will be collateral damage in this process since I live in the EU, whatever promises they make now. I can't influence things so mostly wait to see what happens to try and dissect afterwards.

However, over the past couple of days I've taken a bit of an interest again and one thing came on the radio in my drive home today. Apparently some Tories are saying they might back the May deal if she sets a date when she will resign as leader. Can someone explain what the heck that is about?

They had a leader who called the referendum who then walked away when the result came in leaving a chaotic mess for others to pick up. Now they're saying they might back a deal this replacement leader has put together but only if she leaves shortly after it goes through. So the next person can then say 'this is nothing to do with me' and yet another chaotic mess.

Am I missing something or is this utter insanity?

No need for party political point scoring on this. This is a genuine question as to what is going on for that to seem like a reasonable step for them?

Officially she is there until December after winning the no confidence vote.

What has been mentioned is one she gets some sort of deal with the EU she can then step aside and let the next round of negotiations be run by someone else, possibly a Brexiteer.

When Cameron went, there were two Ladies up to carry on that job, Theresa May a Remainer and Andrea Leadsom a Leaver.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if the roles had been reversed.

Chez Fred, followed by a couple of pints in All Hail The Ale. What is not to like.
All Hale Ale is excellent Al, enjoy it. Give the dog a pat for me whilst you're there.
Last I was there they had a most bizarre Ice Cream Pale Ale on called 'Mu Mu'. I wouldn't recommend a whole pint, but a half is quite refreshing / weird.

All Hale Ale is excellent Al, enjoy it. Give the dog a pat for me whilst you're there.
Last I was there they had a most bizarre Ice Cream Pale Ale on called 'Mu Mu'. I wouldn't recommend a whole pint, but a half is quite refreshing / weird.

made by eight arch, in wimby

;