Non - Brexit

The Dying....are what they are . nearly Dead....some hitting the soil as we speak. Their message to the Living, will be .. be careful what you inherit...or accept.
For people like me...with a rough estimate of 15 to 20 years left its kind of awkward when voting for an outcome.....helping or not for your descendants....they all differ anyway!
So you go with your vision of what is sensible.....but you cant compute into that - right or wrong with any accuracy...and you certainly dont want to be influenced by some fat career- hooked b#stard of a particular political doctrine..f#ck no !..not from the current bunch of directionless goofs in positions of power...ironically many of them as close to Dying as yourself!
I only woke up 20 minutes ago...im Dying for a Cuppa tea !

Regarding Northern Ireland , have you been watching the Secret History of the Troubles series on BBC4 ? Four parts so far from the arrival of British troops in the 60’s up to the infiltration of the IRA by our security forces in the late 80’s - some real revelations in there and a great series - I recommend it .

A good show indeed.

if it’s a bit too heavy, BBC NI have just put the whole box set of “Pop Goes Northern Ireland” on the iplayer. Music and footage from the years with no annoying voiceover. only 30 minutes each.

If you need a stark reminder of what’s at stake it’s worth picking a couple of years and watching it. 1976 is a chilling year. 1982 was a good one if you want to see how rhetoric used by politicians leads directly to polarising the public and then violence. Then flick to the last ones to see what happened when we came together.

We don’t want to go back and the risk is real.

The Dying....are what they are . nearly Dead....some hitting the soil as we speak. Their message to the Living, will be .. be careful what you inherit...or accept.
For people like me...with a rough estimate of 15 to 20 years left its kind of awkward when voting for an outcome.....helping or not for your descendants....they all differ anyway!
So you go with your vision of what is sensible.....but you cant compute into that - right or wrong with any accuracy...and you certainly dont want to be influenced by some fat career- hooked b#stard of a particular political doctrine..f#ck no !..not from the current bunch of directionless goofs in positions of power...ironically many of them as close to Dying as yourself!
I only woke up 20 minutes ago...im Dying for a Cuppa tea !

I thought the referendum would have been a simple process for anyone 60 plus with kids - just ask your kids who they wanted you to vote for.

That's what I would have done. Then disowned them if they said Leave :grinning:

A Brit wins 190 M euros on the lottery.

Oh the irony.
Hope it has gone to a Brexiteer.

Course you would be aware that the Euromillions has nothing to do with the EU and UK residents will still be able to participate in it after Brexit, as we are still European. FACT.

Thought i'd put an end to any doubt that the less educated have, after all a lot of remainers did vote remain because they thought it mean't they wouldn't be able to holiday in Spain anymore.

Course you would be aware that the Euromillions has nothing to do with the EU and UK residents will still be able to participate in it after Brexit, as we are still European. FACT.

Thought i'd put an end to any doubt that the less educated have, after all a lot of remainers did vote remain because they thought it mean't they wouldn't be able to holiday in Spain anymore.

You are the 2nd person to give me this well known information today.
Some don't get the humor or the irony....and they all voted the same way.
can you guess which?

Aaron Banks, what a wonderful chap.

Sentiment was right, do we really want to be pushed around by the Germans, this is what got us to this point in the first place.

An eye opener

Vladimir Bukovsky spent many years in Russian labour camps and psychiatric prisons for defending human rights. He came to Britain in 1976. He lectures and writes on the old Soviet system and the EU. From the DVD 'Britain on the Brink' 13 years ago and he's not far wrong.

You are the 2nd person to give me this well known information today.
Some don't get the humor or the irony....and they all voted the same way.
can you guess which?

Irony would only exist if the Euromillions was remotely connected to the EU would it not.

Last edited:
There is always Hope...after any outcome.

If we Leavers get let down, democracy is not delivered and we stay In...thats not an easy thing to accept...but there will have to be a massive Reformation of the EU, im sure they, the EU, now realise that...it could even split into a North/South division of Administration or similar....so much can happen before a settled system is apparent... fulfills its projections....many of the present top bods within the EU leadership are reaching retirement...are stale....things are going to happen! ....maybe quite dramatically !

North/South division?

Like third division South, you mean?? :p

Sentiment was right, do we really want to be pushed around by the Germans, this is what got us to this point in the first place.

An eye opener

Vladimir Bukovsky spent many years in Russian labour camps and psychiatric prisons for defending human rights. He came to Britain in 1976. He lectures and writes on the old Soviet system and the EU. From the DVD 'Britain on the Brink' 13 years ago and he's not far wrong.

a "political gulag". He sounded just like Neil Dawson! Plus he really had to stretch a point to make some of those comparisons.

An eye opener

Listened to it.

But - there's the other side of the coin that many of us fear. Low tax, low regulation, low pay and standards. Basically a miserable, isolated dump - the 51st state of America.

He mentions 'economic bullying' - there are many of us not happy about the EU treatment of Greece, for example..it's not perfect, but better than what we could have - rampant nationalism and more wars?

It would be nice to think we could all live together nicely without the EU - but currently..not sure.

If Article 50 Was Revoked ...it could result in Farage , by whatever means he can muster..initiating Riots around the Nation...starting somewhere like Stoke !
He will have monitored the situation in Hong Kong.....its important to keep him out of any power grabbing......and preferable to not have him as an MEP .
I understand Farages motives...but his methodology is far more clandestine/ dodgy than Johnsons....and he comes across as a right Wally..dont think he could handle running a Nation....i.e. Finance and Social Problems.

I think I still have some "Nigel is a Nazi" stickers somewhere.

An eye opener

"The EU...has been created by coercion and economic bullying"...

Has it? Has it really? There was me thinking that member states applied voluntarily and could leave of their own accord.

So, not really like the Soviet Union at all.

You could argue that there is a significant amount of pressure applied by richer countries to poorer ones due economic disparities. But these are individually governed countries, each with their own political and domestic agendas and the power to control the vast majority of domestic policy.

In this way it is a highly complex neural network and in no way is it anything like the USSR which was highly centralised.

"The EU...has been created by coercion and economic bullying"...

Has it? Has it really? There was me thinking that member states applied voluntarily and could leave of their own accord.

So, not really like the Soviet Union at all.

You could argue that there is a significant amount of pressure applied by richer countries to poorer ones due economic disparities. But these are individually governed countries, each with their own political and domestic agendas and the power to control the vast majority of domestic policy.

In this way it is a highly complex neural network and in no way is it anything like the USSR which was highly centralised.

I think the Economic and EU Bullying was prevalent in Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands, Catalonia, Hungary and even the Republic of Ireland to name a few.

Last edited:

;