Non - Brexit

why would they bother to send the info from brain, down the arm, into fingers and then keyboard if they didnt have a point to make....

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....................................

There's little point to most of my posts.

If people started on with the "and your point is" there would be little space left for anything else on here.

As for BMC, surely that's the pot calling the kettle black? :throw:

The blame lies with all the Parties in Parliament who have used Brexit for their own political ends.

They are a disgrace.

Billy

The referendum only happened because it was a device for Cameron’s political ends. It just happened to blow up in his face.

It has never been anything other than a political football.

Parliament should simply revoke Article 50 until such a time as there is an agreed deal on the table to leave the EU that the UK electorate can vote on.

Ive tried so hard over 3 years to compete with the top level Crap on this Brexit thread...but I cant seem to break through to get among the front runners...think I might have racked up a number of 'Ignores'. or ' badges of honour' as I like to call them.
Im secretly hoping it all drags out a bit further....and I can watch the Manbags going Cosmic!

Last edited:
Can you extrapolate on that .
Not sure it's an extrapolation. But, from day 1 I felt it would never happen. So many people in support of it said how easy it would be. Johnson, Davis, Gove et al. They were either lying or stupid.

There was a very clear message also that many of the benefits of the EU would remain and the EU would fall over backwards to do whatever we wanted.

Anyone who had done even some cursory background reading knew it wouldn't be easy.

So the initial assertions we're a wild false premise.

Secondly. The backstop. Why was it needed? Because there is no solution to the border and customs situation. If there is why hasn't it been solved in 3 years? Because it can't be.

If things weren’t quite so serious that Hungarian plot is hilarious.

I can just picture Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mog doing their best evil laughs together like something out of Austin Powers.

Strong rumour tonight that the UK are paying Hungary a wedge to veto any extension.
Sorry, can,t post a link.

If you remember when the UK voted against Juncker getting the top job, the only other country that backed us was Hungry.

Hungry have been at odds with the EU over their immigration policies.

As for the rumour, here is their Foreign Minister’s reply.

Referring to British press speculation that Johnson had asked certain EU countries, including Hungary, to veto any extension to the Brexit deadline, Szijjártó said: “We have read the rumours about this but the Hungarian government has not been approached with such a request.”

https://hungarytoday.hu/szijjarto-praises-boris-johnson-for-fulfilling-british-peoples-will/

Not sure it's an extrapolation. But, from day 1 I felt it would never happen. So many people in support of it said how easy it would be. Johnson, Davis, Gove et al. They were either lying or stupid.

There was a very clear message also that many of the benefits of the EU would remain and the EU would fall over backwards to do whatever we wanted.

Anyone who had done even some cursory background reading knew it wouldn't be easy.

So the initial assertions we're a wild false premise.

Secondly. The backstop. Why was it needed? Because there is no solution to the border and customs situation. If there is why hasn't it been solved in 3 years? Because it can't be.
Well said.
Also regarding the border, if it’s possible to have a border with two regulatory environments each side, but it’s seamless, surely it would have been done elsewhere in the world

The Liberal Democrats are profiling every voter in the country by rating their political preferences, Sky News can reveal.

This includes which party they will vote for in the next election and whether they are a Remainer or Leaver.

The percentage ratings - there are at least 42 in total, although the identity of only 37 are known - estimate whether someone voted Leave or Remain in the 2016 EU referendum and predict how they would vote if there was a second poll in 2019.

https://news.sky.com/story/the-lib-...ery-voter-in-uk-and-give-you-a-score-11828202

If Article 50 Was Revoked ...it could result in Farage , by whatever means he can muster..initiating Riots around the Nation...starting somewhere like Stoke !
He will have monitored the situation in Hong Kong.....its important to keep him out of any power grabbing......and preferable to not have him as an MEP .
I understand Farages motives...but his methodology is far more clandestine/ dodgy than Johnsons....and he comes across as a right Wally..dont think he could handle running a Nation....i.e. Finance and Social Problems.

There is always Hope...after any outcome.

If we Leavers get let down, democracy is not delivered and we stay In...thats not an easy thing to accept...but there will have to be a massive Reformation of the EU, im sure they, the EU, now realise that...it could even split into a North/South division of Administration or similar....so much can happen before a settled system is apparent... fulfills its projections....many of the present top bods within the EU leadership are reaching retirement...are stale....things are going to happen! ....maybe quite dramatically !

After the Italian shoe fiasco in 2018, over Italy's EU Budget, we could have well gone to the Italians for a VETO but recent political messes of their own recently have given them their own headaches at home. Hungary is always a possibility, I notice the US officials have been taking a certain interest with visits recently, makes you wonder.

If we did stay in the EU, I think their well aware that we could become a thorn in their side. Plan B we're forced to stay in longer and use our VETO to cause havoc, after a GE Tory gains, Brexit party , they'll wish they made our path out easier.

After the Italian shoe fiasco in 2018, over Italy's EU Budget, we could have well gone to the Italians for a VETO but recent political messes of their own recently have given them their own headaches at home. Hungary is always a possibility, I notice the US officials have been taking a certain interest with visits recently, makes you wonder.

If we did stay in the EU, I think their well aware that we could become a thorn in their side. Plan B we're forced to stay in longer and use our VETO to cause havoc, after a GE Tory gains, Brexit party , they'll wish they made our path out easier.
This is what I've been saying all along. How can we expect any compromise from The EU when we have a prime minister who has made it clear he intends to sabotage their budget?

Johnson will have the EU bods smashing fists into walls...mayhem....Verhofstadt is already halfway to La Loonybin.
Just imagine you are Barnier and JunckerFace sat there all officious and serious....with Boris sat opposite..grinning and spouting tangential innuendos and unfiltered jokes...
" did ya hear the one about the Frenchie, Irishman and Jew who walked into a Beirkeller... ..it could.be like Gatecrashing a Burns Night with a Barrel of Rum and a Bag of Cornish pasties!... " I say chaps ....anyone got a fiddle and a tambourine? " .. " Ro tiddlyo ...sh#t or bust...ne'er let yer b#llocks dangle in the dust!

Seriously though : ..According to my neighbour.......Boris is fluent in many languages and far out of Mrs Mays league in Ideas and Intelligence.....he thinks he will turn a Deal .... easier than a Self-Tapping screw into a Slab of Stilton ! ..

I think it could go either way...but No Deal slightly ahead in the betting!

Interesting few weeks ....

Last edited:
If Article 50 Was Revoked ...it could result in Farage , by whatever means he can muster..initiating Riots around the Nation...starting somewhere like Stoke !
He will have monitored the situation in Hong Kong.....its important to keep him out of any power grabbing......and preferable to not have him as an MEP .
I understand Farages motives...but his methodology is far more clandestine/ dodgy than Johnsons....and he comes across as a right Wally..dont think he could handle running a Nation....i.e. Finance and Social Problems.
I'm getting to the point where I want Farage to be in charge of it. Many were able to stand on the sideline saying of Theresa May 'of course its going wrong, you are not doing it my way/this way' etc, eg Johnson, Reece Mogg. They are now living how difficult a task it is.
Farage's job is to stand at the side and heckle and claim betrayal. That's why he is saying no deal is what people voted for because 3 yrs has shown that what they promised cannot be created, and no deal is the easy option and only way out for them to save face. He/they will never be big enough to say 'we got our calculations wrong, can we try another approach'.
Let him have to deal with reality. He talks the talk but i bet he does not have the guts to crash out with no deal. Even he knows its economically and politically suicidal, but as long as he is not in charge he can still make loads of noise and criticise. Let him have the poisoned chalice for a few months. Once he then fails, maybe a compromise EFTA type scenario could be agreed and pushed through parliamant.

;