Non - Brexit

I don't think people liked the political union that hadn't ever had a proper mandate, lack of control over key policy areas, regulation of non-traded aspects of life and lack of democracy.
All said and done, I’m not surprised that you’re supporting Australian farmers over British ones to prove some Brexit point.

All said and done, I’m not surprised that you’re supporting Australian farmers over British ones to prove some Brexit point.

Well I'm not surprised you're putting words in my mouth and deliberately misrepresenting what I've said concerning a trade deal with Australia. You've always cared more about your moral crusade over brexit than you have about trying to consider the issue in a balanced way. This is probably why you've completely ignored the post you're replying to and my previous comments on a trade deal with Australia and made something up about support for Australian farmers.

If you're interested Stan you can read my comments on the pros and cons of a trade deal on agriculture. You'll notice that I've not just chosen what I think based on pre-conceived Pro or anti brexit views. There will be winners and losers in agriculture if we sign a trade deal with Aus just like there was when we entered into the common market. Not that you'll ever consider it in a balanced way.

This is one of the interesting areas that comes from brexit if you try to look at it without the tribalism. Should we pay over the odds for food? Should we protect our farmers by putting tarrifs on imports? Do the reciprocal tarrifs that this would entail actually cause our farms more harm than good in the long run?

Whatever happens it will cause short term disruption as farms need to change what they concentrate on to react to the new market conditions. This all happened when we joined the common market of course but obviously to the pro EU crowd that market change was good and this is bad.

;