Non - Brexit

Just interested to know in what way compared to lockdowns, vaccinations, mask wearing, social distancing, no holidays, no football (or other sports) to attend, business interruption etc.
have you lost your job over it or something - just interested to know.

Just interested to know in what way compared to lockdowns, vaccinations, mask wearing, social distancing, no holidays, no football (or other sports) to attend, business interruption etc.

maybe milkshake is to jim or nina, what beer is to you?

Brexit was self inflicted and lead to Boris and Cummings being in charge when the country needed good government and leadership when the pandemic needed managing.
Brexit fostered the self serving culture which has tarnished the failing performance of the government during covid. The legacy of brexit was intolerance of any questioning of the government and the trotting out of scapegoats when things went predictably badly.

Brexit was self inflicted and lead to Boris and Cummings being in charge when the country needed good government and leadership when the pandemic needed managing.
Brexit fostered the self serving culture which has tarnished the failing performance of the government during covid. The legacy of brexit was intolerance of any questioning of the government and the trotting out of scapegoats when things went predictably badly.
As per my original post all I wanted to know was in what way it had affected you personally worse compared to COVID rather than a cut and paste rant...........................................I really don't know why I bothered asking.

In the long term it'll be a toss up which impacts the UK, its residents and economy more, Brexit or Covid.

I rather think it will be the former as the years go by.

Without the intervention of Covid I for one feel that Brexit would have been a far worse shitstorm than it already has; to a certain extend Covid has taken some of the flack for things that are actually the result of Brexit.

As per my original post all I wanted to know was in what way it had affected you personally worse compared to COVID rather than a cut and paste rant...........................................I really don't know why I bothered asking.
The original post asked about the impact on the country
#17,896

Self-serving culture? Interesting point and one that was made in this guardian article...

"For those who have nothing to fear from open borders, labour shortages are evidence Brexit is flawed. For those not so fortunate, it is doing what it was supposed to do."

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...iving-up-low-wages?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

That's my issue. The Tories now hold the purse strings. Previously it was ring fenced so they couldn't get their grubby mits on it.

Everyone has their view of course but this is absolutely nuts. I have never voted tory in my life and probably never will but I just don't get how people think we're better off not ultimately having voters decide on public spending decisions. We need the EU to protect us from ourselves? As I say, nuts.

Everyone has their view of course but this is absolutely nuts. I have never voted tory in my life and probably never will but I just don't get how people think we're better off not ultimately having voters decide on public spending decisions. We need the EU to protect us from ourselves? As I say, nuts.

This was more on us relying on the TORIES to fund some public schemes. As long as they are in power I have no confidence they will.

Just my view. A certain funding scheme for these projects is no more.

This was more on us relying on the TORIES to fund some public schemes. As long as they are in power I have no confidence they will.

Just my view. A certain funding scheme for these projects is no more.

Whilst I don't disagree that the Tories are only in it for themselves I think the assumption that EU politicians aren't is completely misplaced. They spend 40% of their budget on agriculture, which is less than 0.7% of our GDP.

Bad Leaders and their Bad Cabinets are what ' impacts ' on everyday life...Brexit and Covid were merely hurdles of vault over.
Problems existed before..and all the way through our EU membership.
Johnson is of course..majorly flawed..being an upper class bounder with visions of whatever of is in a mind of a Capitalist Reaper and basically F√ck Everyone Else ..what ?.
.but so then is Starmer flawed...a lawyer with acumen only adequate to apply to boring Court Cases...Not World Trade .... and with enough inane waffle to inflate a Snowflake Airship ....

And Christ knows where Corbyn would have taken us....with either the Brexit aftermath or Covid...sends shivers up my back contemplating the outcomes...probably annexed to Lithuania or somink!......the guy and his brother ..total Nut Jobs the pair!

So where are we ? ..where we are... in total need of a New Political System.......a revamped or somehow invented Viable Constitution...to serve the needs of ' Normal People ' ..after laying out a plan for Normality!...
Can a Genius spring forth from today's youth..as did in the last century in Singapore with Lee Kuan Yew producing a neatly forged system of Meritocracy ?

Last edited:
Whilst I don't disagree that the Tories are only in it for themselves I think the assumption that EU politicians aren't is completely misplaced. They spend 40% of their budget on agriculture, which is less than 0.7% of our GDP.

Well I presume there is some sort of consultation - I mean local authorities used to bid for EU funds didn't they?

I watched a programme about fishing, I think it was doing up Newlyn harbour or something like that where they were waiting to find out if they were successful or not.

Time for the benefits of Brexit to put the money where teir mouth was

Services may have to be cut unless NHS England receives an extra £10bn in funding next year, groups representing the health service have warned.
The NHS Confederation and NHS Providers said the money was needed to cover pandemic-related costs and reduce the backlog in operations and treatments.
They warned that patients could be put at risk without more funding.
The government said it had already provided additional money to tackle backlogs.
The organisations are concerned a three-year government spending review for England, some of which could be announced next week, will fall well short of what the NHS needs.

Warning over cuts to NHS services without £10bn extra funding - BBC News

;