Non - Brexit

That was four years ago. I can honestly say I'm not poorer, my neighbours aren't poorer... are you poorer ?

If you can't differentiate between political posturing and reality then more fool you.
Ssshhh, don’t tell anyone but we have not left yet. Jan 1st is when the fun you voted for starts.

Don’t be naive. She has no intention of compromising. She’s saying the things she thinks we want to hear. It’s called political posturing.

Of course she wants to compromise. Her country was in recession before Covid and she's doing the right thing....you need to get your head around the fact not everyone thinks or talks like Macron.

Of course she wants to compromise. Her country was in recession before Covid and she's doing the right thing....you need to get your head around the fact not everyone thinks or talks like Macron.
She appears to have handled covid a bit better than us. Who is having the worst recession now?

You said roughly 15% is pretty significant. How does 15% dictate what the 85% does? Or do I not believe enough.

They were your figures. I have no idea if they are accurate. If you think Germany would simply give up 15% of its exports during a prolonged recession without a fight then you appear to be slightly ..err I dunno. How can I say it without resorting to your level of insults ?

You really are an arrogant little prig. I certainly haven’t been groomed.
Bearing in mind we had a sovereign parliament, a veto over any so called EU army, no pressure on being in the euro, likewise schengen, laws to allow us to control immigration we did not use because immigrants pay more in tax than they take out, 50 odd trade free trade deals with other countries, and being part of a group that dictates trade deals and does not get pushed around, as well as having the best deal out of any EU member, you voted to leave all of that. Why?

Bearing in mind we had a sovereign parliament, a veto over any so called EU army, no pressure on being in the euro, likewise schengen, laws to allow us to control immigration we did not use because immigrants pay more in tax than they take out, 50 odd trade free trade deals with other countries, and being part of a group that dictates trade deals and does not get pushed around, as well as having the best deal out of any EU member, you voted to leave all of that. Why?

That is a VERY good question.

Open the door, let ‘em in. Apologies to Paul McCartney.

Wouldn't that impact on your environmental views ? These people need housing and I'm not sure about your neck of the woods but its pretty grim down here, green belt getting swallowed up left right and centre. Germany is a vast country, Merkel made an ill judged decision that may come to fruition further down the line but its been a bit of a shitstorm so far.

...is one of a myriad of reasons.

;