Non - Bring Back National Service?

I've read the thread. You and red sky were saying that people on here were arguing that the EU planned to introduce conscription then he quoted me as an example of that.

If some deliberately selected crank on O'briens show mentions it then that's one thing but he clearly implied I was arguing it, which is a deliberate distortion of the facts. He should have posted your link instead of indirectly accusing me of peddling some point that you brought up.

Only one person has made a fool of themselves here and that's the person who's tried to distort someone else's point and has been called out on it.

Talk me through it SDD. A VERY common social media trope is the EU Army and conscription. I posted a caller on his show and asked if you agreed with them.

Red house then says that no one had ever mentioned conscription despite the video and social media posted as evidence.

And Im the one distorting the facts.

Talk me through what is not true about that and how did I try to distort someones point...please...

Elite was my childhood with a friend who had the BBC...take turns as pilot and co who handled the ECMs and Comms. Great days.

Elite Dangerous is a good game but never the same.
Elite was my childhood with a friend who had the BBC...take turns as pilot and co who handled the ECMs and Comms. Great days.

Elite Dangerous is a good game but never the same.
At the start it was a nightmare with no docking computer and just one forward firing phaser !
Once you could afford to add the docking system you were away !
The radar oval map at the bottom would go mad the more successful you became and the more cargo you carried - everyone wanting a piece of you :eek!:
Encountering and surviving Thargoid invasion ships was always nerve racking!

At the start it was a nightmare with no docking computer and just one forward firing phaser !
Once you could afford to add the docking system you were away !
The radar oval map at the bottom would go mad the more successful you became and the more cargo you carried - everyone wanting a piece of you :eek!:
Encountering and surviving Thargoid invasion ships was always nerve racking!

Yeah :) Looking back the graphics were terrible but like a good book you build the images in your head and they felt more detailed than they were. Most hardcore players never bought the docking computer ;)

Have you tried Elite dangerous? I still play it sometimes but travelling 2 hours on a trade run just doesnt hold the excitement anymore lol

Red_house's argument was that no-one was discussing it as a possibility. That's just not true.

Oh dear, I'm now repeating myself . You said there was a 'whole follow on discussion' on conscription then you said an 'entire discussion'

I argued there wasn't. The discussion quickly focused on an EU army, not conscription .Its a fact that Merkel, Macron and Juncker talked about an EU army, they never mentioned conscription . Druss has been continually chucking around click bait comments for years to get a reaction, all from the Brexiteers book of conspiracy theories.

If the argument is that leavers believed all this crap (as Druss has said) then please use this thread as evidence that they didn't, some of us don't even entertain it. The EU army thing is something else however.

Since you seem to have trouble with context:

Red_house: "No-one has even discussed conscription"
Me: "yes they did, there was an entire discussion on it here"
Red_house:"No there wasn't"
Me:"Here's part of it" -your post
Red_house:"I left the discussion and missed that bit"
You:" how dare you accuse me of starting the conscription debate"

You missed out the bit where druss said "leavers did" yet I can't see any evidence on here that they did.

The extent of the "entire discussion on here" about conscription was druss bringing it up and me making a point about the power that UK voters had using druss's examples to illustrate. I've got no opinion on conscription to our or an EU army.

Both you and Druss were clearly trying to suggest that leavers on here were complaining about conscription to an EU army yet there is nothing of the sort. Well I'm not a leaver and I didn't complain about conscription to an EU army so I would suggest you've been deliberately misleading in your selective quoting - there was nothing stopping you quoting druss who was clearly the origin of the discussion. As I say, it's ironic that you are trying to misrepresent what I've said.

You missed out the bit where druss said "leavers did" yet I can't see any evidence on here that they did.

The extent of the "entire discussion on here" about conscription was druss bringing it up and me making a point about the power that UK voters had using druss's examples to illustrate. I've got no opinion on conscription to our or an EU army.

Both you and Druss were clearly trying to suggest that leavers on here were complaining about conscription to an EU army yet there is nothing of the sort. Well I'm not a leaver and I didn't complain about conscription to an EU army so I would suggest you've been deliberately misleading in your selective quoting - there was nothing stopping you quoting druss who was clearly the origin of the discussion. As I say, it's ironic that you are trying to misrepresent what I've said.

Oh now you are really being silly...."leavers" suddenly means people on here.

Brexit doesnt start and end on this forum. Christ alive you do try to pull some sh1te through a sieve sometimes.

If you want me to keep posting evidence of leavers stating exactly the points I made I will. Or you could just read this thread and accept you and red houtse are wrong and you misunderstood. Or...you can keep digging a bigger hole, up to you.

Oh now you are really being silly...."leavers" suddenly means people on here.

Brexit doesnt start and end on this forum. Christ alive you do try to pull some sh1te through a sieve sometimes.

If you want me to keep posting evidence of leavers stating exactly the points I made I will. Or you could just read this thread and accept you and red houtse are wrong and you misunderstood. Or...you can keep digging a bigger hole, up to you.

I'm accusing red sky of being disingenuous because he replied "we had an entire discussion on here [about conscription]" he was clearly suggesting that leavers on here were complaining about conscription to the EU army then he quoted me as evidence.

I've read the thread, I wasn't involved until he quoted me trying to suggest I was saying conscription to an EU army was likely or a possibility. I don't give a toss about an EU army but I'm not having him misrepresent what I've said to try and prove his bullshit point.

If he wants to suggest leavers have been moaning about conscription to an EU army then he should quote evidence of it. If he's going to bring me into it he's going to get called out.

You, as ever are guilty of overexaggerating the relevance of a point that was made by a few crackpots as if it was a key part of the leave campaign but I've not really got a problem with that as you didn't misrepresent my views.

If he wants to suggest leavers have been moaning about conscription to an EU army then he should quote evidence of it.

He literally did.

Not sure how many times it needs to be said... he referred to a discussion....one you were involved in, in reply to RH.

Jesus christ, when did I " You, as ever are guilty of overexaggerating the relevance of a point that was made by a few crackpots as if it was a key part of the leave campaign " in this conversation? Mate you really need to take a long hard look and go and chill.

PLEASE....point out where your views were misrepresented. This is getting ridiculous.

Right wingers... I voted for bexit because of those nasty Europeans wanting a army and will conscript our kids.

Also right wingers ...Bring back conscription, that'll sort out the youth of today.

This was my post SDD....now, my understanding from your post on here is that you are neither right wing nor voted for brexit. However, if all the social media posts are to be believed, the above is true.

He literally did.

Not sure how many times it needs to be said... he referred to a discussion....one you were involved in, in reply to RH.

Jesus christ, when did I " You, as ever are guilty of overexaggerating the relevance of a point that was made by a few crackpots as if it was a key part of the leave campaign " in this conversation? Mate you really need to take a long hard look and go and chill.

PLEASE....point out where your views were misrepresented. This is getting ridiculous.

No leavers were complaining about conscription on here. There wasn't a big discussion about conscription on here - you brought it up and I used your example to illustrate my usual point about sovereignty. Red Sky even responded to me showing that he fully understood my point.

The conversation on this thread is clearly about people complaining about conscription to an EU army on here, which never happened. He used my quote out of context to illustrate this and so clearly misrepresented my point.

You, as ever, have overstated the view of a few crackpots. I stand by that - but you're welcome to disagree.

I'm always going to come back on someone who tries to embroil me in a conversation I'm not involved in, especially if they deliberately take my post out of context. "long hard look" lol calm down drama queen. One of us defo needs to chill out that's true.

You have wrongly inferred what I was trying to suggest. Druss can speak for himself (and has done).

I quoted your post purely because it had the word conscription in it and therefore it was inrefutable what we were talking about.

I never once mentioned "leavers on here", I was referring to the original discussion on here about the fearmongering by a section of leavers around the country saying an EU army would mean conscription.

I genuinely apologise if you feel you have been misrepresented by association. I'll aim use a disclaimer next time I quote you ;)

I might agree with OPs original suggestion but only if:

1. It is community based and has NO association with the military.
2. Every 16/17 or 18/19 does it and there is no get out for posh boys and girls
3. They are paid a reasonable (living) wage.
4. The work they do is worthwhile and makes a difference

As none of the above would, I believe, be the case I would be against the idea.

;