Non - Bring Back National Service?

This was my post SDD....now, my understanding from your post on here is that you are neither right wing nor voted for brexit. However, if all the social media posts are to be believed, the above is true.

I honestly couldn't give a toss about conscription. I'd not posted on this topic until red sky brought me into it suggesting I was complaining about conscription.

You have wrongly inferred what I was trying to suggest. Druss can speak for himself (and has done).

I quoted your post purely because it had the word conscription in it and therefore it was inrefutable what we were talking about.

I never once mentioned "leavers on here", I was referring to the original discussion on here about the fearmongering by a section of leavers around the country saying an EU army would mean conscription.

I genuinely apologise if you feel you have been misrepresented by association. I'll aim use a disclaimer next time I quote you ;)

Why didn't you quote druss then? He was clearly the reason conscription came up in the first place and he has been driving the idea that people have been complaining about it. In fact nobody on this site other than you and Druss seem to think EU army conscription is an issue.

Red house then says that no one had ever mentioned conscription despite the video and social media posted as evidence.

We're on different planets druss. You're quoting John from Heathrow and trying to build some sort of wacko case around an obscure phone in, a facebook page and then using it as gospel. Others tend to deal in more informed, factual and reliable sources.. Getting conscripted into an EU army was never on any leavers agenda on this forum as far as I can see. Perhaps you can give me a named credible source outside of the forum who said that this was a real possibility.

Looking back at the thread, the conscription point was handled quickly and succinctly by SDD then put to bed within a few posts. You were then put right on the EU army thing when others got involved and it escalated.

No leavers were complaining about conscription on here. There wasn't a big discussion about conscription on here - you brought it up and I used your example to illustrate my usual point about sovereignty. Red Sky even responded to me showing that he fully understood my point.

The conversation on this thread is clearly about people complaining about conscription to an EU army on here, which never happened. He used my quote out of context to illustrate this and so clearly misrepresented my point.

You, as ever, have overstated the view of a few crackpots. I stand by that - but you're welcome to disagree.

I'm always going to come back on someone who tries to embroil me in a conversation I'm not involved in, especially if they deliberately take my post out of context. "long hard look" lol calm down drama queen. One of us defo needs to chill out that's true.

Again, you simply lie. The conservation was about leavers. The original condition conversation was about leavers. The conversation started because of a phone call into LBC that day. I didn't say leavers on here. I didn't call you a leaver or say you started a conversation about conscription. But you were involved in one.

Not sure how to discuss this with you when you a blatantly taking posts out of context. Not sure whether you struggle to read the thread or are simply dishonest. Either way please stop.

We're on different planets druss. You're quoting John from Heathrow and trying to build some sort of wacko case around an obscure phone in, a facebook page and then using it as gospel. Others tend to deal in more informed, factual and reliable sources.. Getting conscripted into an EU army was never on any leavers agenda on this forum as far as I can see. Perhaps you can give me a named credible source outside of the forum who said that this was a real possibility.

Looking back at the thread, the conscription point was handled quickly and succinctly by SDD then put to bed within a few posts. You were then put right on the EU army thing when others got involved and it escalated.

Lol there are posts on here from phone ins and social media. It's a fact that it was doing the rounds.

Suddenly you pretend I suggested people on here were saying it. It's quite bizarre.

Again, you simply lie. The conservation was about leavers. The original condition conversation was about leavers. The conversation started because of a phone call into LBC that day. I didn't say leavers on here. I didn't call you a leaver or say you started a conversation about conscription. But you were involved in one.

Not sure how to discuss this with you when you a blatantly taking posts out of context. Not sure whether you struggle to read the thread or are simply dishonest. Either way please stop.

What point was red sky making to red house about the discussion that took place on here about conscription do you think?

You said about leavers in general sure but red sky brought up the conversation on here as a response to Red House saying that leavers weren't particularly complaining about conscription.. Then he quoted me as evidence of this. That's literally the context of me being brought into this conversation, what point do you think he was trying to make by bringing me into it?

You're efforts to turn this back on me and to suggest I'm lying are laughable tbh. You can't explain why I've posted out of context because the context is clear.

Bloody laugh this!.....All you have to say is...You favour the idea of Conscription....You do not.....or You are Indifferent. Then a short explanation of your thoughts on it !

Its turned into an argument about How to Argue or Debate....with 'personal ' antagonation. A barrackroom dust-up after the Sargeants gone out the door!

Im just going to bow out here leaving this...

Red Sky: "We literally had an entire discussion on this very forum "

Red house: "Not on conscription to an EU army. Yep, we've discussed an EU army but not kids getting conscripted. These are two separate matters, none of the major EU powers conscript so why would this ever be an issue ?"

Red Sky: posts one of the many posts where we had a discussion about it.

Red House: "SDD mentioned conscription in one post. No one else did. It was hardly an entire discussion. "

Red house then admits he didnt read any more than that.

Im then accused of saying leavers on here suggested EU conscription and that somehow SDD started it. Couldnt make it up.

Im just going to bow out here leaving this...

Red Sky: "We literally had an entire discussion on this very forum "

Red house: "Not on conscription to an EU army. Yep, we've discussed an EU army but not kids getting conscripted. These are two separate matters, none of the major EU powers conscript so why would this ever be an issue ?"

Red Sky: posts one of the many posts where we had a discussion about it.

Red House: "SDD mentioned conscription in one post. No one else did. It was hardly an entire discussion. "

Im then accused of saying leavers on here suggested EU conscription and that somehow SDD started it. Couldnt make it up.

Why didn't you include the part before that lead to red sky saying "we literally had an entire discussion on this very forum"

Let's have a look..

Red_house: "no one ever mentioned that an EU army would conscript anyone"

Druss: "leavers did"

Red_House: "No we didn't;)

I know you've found some click bait link but not one person I know in the military or civvi street has ever entertained conscription to an EU army. Obviously you know different."

Red_sky: "we literally had an entire discussion on this very forum"

Then he quoted me as evidence. What point was he making do you think druss? It sounds to me as if he's suggesting the discussion contained people that supported the view that EU conscription was likely. What possible other point was he making?

And to think you've called me a liar for taking things out of context. As I say, laughable.

"I know youve found some...."

"not one person I know"

"Obviously you know different"

I'm sure you didn't mean to edit that quote to make it look like red_house's words are mine :unsure:

Why did red_sky respond to red_house saying those things referring to the conversation on here then quoting me? If reference to that conversation was a counterpoint to red_house's points then presumably he's suggesting people on this very forum had made those arguments. What other point could he possibly be making?

Come on druss you've called me a liar here for taking things out of context so this should be easy to explain.

Where did I admit this..:grinning:

Come on druss, I've no issue with a bit of monday morning banter. If you mean the below and I think you do, then there's no hope for you and your over active imagination. 'I didn't pick it up' means I didn't see it mentioned after it was put to bed.
In all seriousness if the thread followed the line of conscription then I didn't pick it up, it was never mentioned afterwards.

That was a conciliatory post towards Red Sky who was adamant the following pages were all conscription orientated. I thought otherwise and as he / she seems a decent guy / gal it was hardly worth falling out over.The only thing it proves is that we're all coming at it from different angles, some based on fact, some based on calls from John from Heathrow.

Being one of the more younger members of the forum, I'm in favour of reintroducing conscription.
Although education now extends beyond secondary school when you leave at 16, you require to be in some form until 18 and perhaps conscription can play a role in this.

As a brexiteer under the age of 33 I would only be in favour of conscription as a substitute for those who get away with light sentences and community service like a Nights Watch.

But overall I wouldn't be in favour, throughout this countries history the upper and middle class have relied on the working class and mercenaries to fight for them in 2 world wars and many other events. Perhaps it's time the high born enrolled into conscription, I'd like to see Harry and William leading the vanguard with all the current MP's charging at the Chinese Army. The last King of England I had respect for was Richard III because he died on the battlefield for what he believed was the best for the country.

I'd like to have imagined how people on here would've hid underground when the Blitz happened and working women were on streets clearing up debris and watching the fight and the working class were holding them off in the sky.
Truth be told if the Nazi's invaded modern day Britain they would take it as quick as they took France.
The last 3 years we have seen how many cowardly people live here. A coward dies a thousand deaths in his mind, a working class brexiteer dies only once.

Last edited by a moderator:

;