Non - Can This Bloke Become President Of The United States?

Depends on who you ask and what "suitable" means

If you are into conspiracy theories then Michelle Obama is being lined up to replace Biden in the summer.

It makes sense that Kamala Harris, the current VP, is best placed. Gavin Newsome has been doing the rounds on Fox News - which says to me he is positioning himself but probably for 2028.
Yeah, that would make it interesting. No one wants to have "lost to Biden in 2024 nomination" on their resume, so some are probably looking to 2028 (Ron DeSantis for the GOP?)

Pres. Obama came out of nowhere to win the nomination and then the presidency. So, it's possible, if unlikely.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that we couldn't come up with better two candidates, both whose faculties I question. For me, generally a Republican leaning voter, a second Trump Presidency is something to avoid. Then again, I'm not pleased about Biden's Presidency and would prefer he spend his time enjoying retirement, as I would like Trump to do. However, we are where we are and for the third President election in a row I will write in my candidate. They won't win but I cannot bring myself to vote for the likely two on offer. Naturally, some will say I'm wasting my vote but it's either expressing my voting right and being able to peacefully lay my head on the pillow or simply not voting, the latter I feel we should avoid in a democratic society (each to their own of course). Many nations don't have that right.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that we couldn't come up with better two candidates, both whose faculties I question. For me, generally a Republican leaning voter, a second Trump Presidency is something to avoid. Then again, I'm not pleased about Biden's Presidency and would prefer he spend his time enjoying retirement, as I would like Trump to do. However, we are where we are and for the third President election in a row I will write in my candidate. They won't win but I cannot bring myself to vote for the likely two on offer. Naturally, some will say I'm wasting my vote but it's either expressing my voting right and being able to peacefully lay my head on the pillow or simply not voting, the latter I feel we should avoid in a democratic society (each to their own of course). Many nations don't have that right.
You must enjoy the invasion on the Southern border ,high crime rates, constant wars and national debt increasing allegedly by a Trillion $$$ every 100 days? Asking for a friend;)

I would vote libertarian but I may as well vote Mickey Mouse as they are not allowed to get anywhere. I do wish there were some younger candidates. USA is in a bad way politically and doesn’t look like improving and the media plays a major role in the current state. Media here right and left just print or say completely made up stories and bs and sadly
Most people seem to lap it up and believe whatever they are told.

You must enjoy the invasion on the Southern border ,high crime rates, constant wars and national debt increasing allegedly by a Trillion $$$ every 100 days? Asking for a friend;)

LOL Its election yeah so Fox are going full on "INVSASION" rhetoric.

The fact you fall for it and even after a 4 year term of doing nothing, you still think the orange one will do more about it than Biden.

LOL Its election yeah so Fox are going full on "INVSASION" rhetoric.

The fact you fall for it and even after a 4 year term of doing nothing, you still think the orange one will do more about it than Biden.
And u believe whatever the other side states. Even many dems are concerned with the border crisis now and have openly talked about their concerns.

Ha, ha, great comeback. Border crisis has always been there but exploded beyond belief under Biden, plus awful inflation. Personally, can’t stand the Biden, a horrible career politician but there again, absolutely put off by narcissistic and bombastic Trump. We seem to have a very shallow pool of politically capable representatives building consensus while aligned to their voters. Maybe, albeit not convinced, that’s what the people would prefer. As a dual national I guess I could say the same about UK.

Oh look ...

Druss . It never fails to amaze that you are so quick to brand others as mindless sheep for watching fox and the rest , and that you have some higher knowledge , before preceding to put up links to complete partisan hacks weather it’s O’brian in the UK or Jon Stewart in the states . Does it ever occur the truth might be slightly more nuanced and somewhere in the middle .

Ha, ha, great comeback. Border crisis has always been there but exploded beyond belief under Biden, plus awful inflation. Personally, can’t stand the Biden, a horrible career politician but there again, absolutely put off by narcissistic and bombastic Trump. We seem to have a very shallow pool of politically capable representatives building consensus while aligned to their voters. Maybe, albeit not convinced, that’s what the people would prefer. As a dual national I guess I could say the same about UK.
Living in the US it probably won’t make much difference who we get in this year tbh. Maybe welvin the great should have got the nod

And u believe whatever the other side states. Even many dems are concerned with the border crisis now and have openly talked about their concerns.
Lol there is no other side for me ..I don't live in the US. The US have one of the longest borders in the world with one of the largest wealth disparities. People will always try to cross the border. So it was under Trump, so it is under Biden. You think Trump did anything lol

I've been to Tijuana, I'm not surprised they queue up all day waiting for nightfall...

but it is amazing how the border is an issue every couple of years. Usually even numbered years. I can’t think why.

I’ll be on the Nextdoor app to see what local scaremongering there is. Probably about trans women making peep holes in unisex bathrooms or something.

I will obviously ignore the arrests of Christian counselors sexually assaulting minors

Despite their clear victories, a rematch between Mr Trump, 77, and Mr Biden, 81 - the first repeat US presidential matchup since 1956 - is one few Americans seem to want, based on opinion polls.

;