NON: Cardiff or Brighton

...Brighton haven't spent that much on their squad and I think it has shown, given their cup run as well?

If you believe the reported figures, Brighton spent about £60m when they got promoted and then £80m last summer.

Sure, there was some money incoming from transfers but they've certainly spent on the squad.

Last edited:
Will probably be Cardiff, stuck a bet on Brighton last night though, decent odds at 11/1. It's 50/50 imo if they beat Brighton tomorrow.

Pretty much how I feel too although I think Cardiff just edge it. All that Sala grief and then all of a sudden when it suits them, he was not actually ever their player. Also I fancy us to keep taking points off Brighton if they stay up, so would be nice to keep them up for a bit longer.
All that Sala situation just shows how cheap and artificial all this public “ grief lite “ stuff is ...

Hoping Cardiff drop for same reasons as many others, total lack of class with the manufactured grief of (non) signed legend
Also, do enough miles throughout the season, 100 taken off the total with the trip along the coast compared to South Wales

There isn't an awful lot to like about Cardiff after the Sala thing but it would be rather funny if Brighton went down.

From BBC Sport
"Recently, Cardiff offered Nantes direct talks in an effort to settle the dispute, after Fifa president Gianni Infantino said he hoped the clubs could reach an agreement.
But now the matter seems likely to be adjudicated by Fifa.
Cardiff will say Nantes' conditions for completion of the deal were not fulfilled and Sala was not registered as a Premier League player.
Nantes claim the required paperwork was completed and they were fully compliant with Fifa regulations."

Perhaps Nantes ought to send FIFA a copy of the programme for our game at Cardiff.

I'm rooting for Brighton tonight. Cardiff's behaviour has left a really nasty taste in the mouth.

...Engerland...Engerland...for me bye to the Welsh (who don't like us anyway!)

Back in the day at the Old Dean Court those matches v Cardiff and Swansea always had that 'edge' and the fans of these sides were mostly obnoxious and arrogant and very anti english...so cheers Cardiff bye bye!

I dont like Cardiff but would defend them over paying money for a dead player. The French club should take the hit imo! He never kicked a ball for Cardiff!
But I want Warnock Out of the PL ! And its good to have a weaker PL club along the coast!

Cardiff and Colins performances on and off the pitch mean I will be happy to see them go down.

I can only hope that its 0-0 in the 93rd minute and a Brighton player dives for a penalty thats given :D

I dont like Cardiff but would defend them over paying money for a dead player. The French club should take the hit imo! He never kicked a ball for Cardiff!

You weren't there to witness the sick hypocracy over a player who is "always a Bluebird," were you?

A huge outpouring of club-sponsored grief, that evaporated soon after they got the sympathy of the referee and three points.

But I want Warnock Out of the PL ! And its good to have a weaker PL club along the coast!
If the deal was done and all the paperwork signed and lodged then he is a Cardiff player - end of story and pay up. They were all too quick to claim him as one of their own after his tragic but very preventable death

The fans and the 'designer grief' was indeed a pathetic spectacle! So too the clubs way of dealing with the issue. It was pure bad luck the Cherries had that backdrop to the game too!
My angle was to purely 'Remove Money' from the situation ! The poor bloke is Dead! .....Respect ?
If he was fated to die in an accident...it could have happened pre or post signing or either side of the channel. From that moment..never to play football for Anyone........so how does MONEY figure in the picture?

Last edited:
BMGC this is just a snippet from the Cardiff programme:

"EMILIANO, OUR BEAUTIFUL BLUEBIRD
On January 19th following our fixture at Newcastle United, Bluebirds rejoiced at the news that Emiliano Sala had been announced as the club's record signing. Two days later the news of the disappearance of Emiliano and pilot David Ibbotson, aboard the plane they were travelling on together from Nantes to Cardiff, devastated the world of football.
This edition of The Bluebird is written in tribute to Emiliano, David and their families"

The hype in the ground before and during the game was even worse.

As ETV says, sick hypocrisy to later claim he had never actually signed for them to avoid paying the transfer fee rightly due to Nantes.

Sorry?? If I buy a new telly and drop it getting it out of my car, should Curry's take the hit? No no no, if they don't sign him then he's never on that plane. Agree that money shouldn't be part of the conversation, Cardiff should just pay up. If Cardiff fail to insure their players then that problem is Cardiff's and Cardiff's alone. They spent enough time photoshopping him into a shirt he never wore

Last edited:

;