Non. Don't tell him, Pike.

Brilliant actor with an incredibly humble and grounded personality.
He must of learnt so much from all those Olds in Dads Army..Arthur Lowe, John Laurie, John Le Mesurier, Clive Dunn etcetera. RIP.

Brilliant actor with an incredibly humble and grounded personality.
He must of learnt so much from all those Olds in Dads Army..Arthur Lowe, John Laurie, John Le Mesurier, Clive Dunn etcetera. RIP.
John Le Mesurier had a fantastic voice. He was married to Hattie Jaques.

RIP Ian.

Big Villa fan, although everyone thought it was a West Ham scarf ;)

Last one goes then. The last Dad's Army celebration thing on TV (hosted by Jonathan Ross) it was only him, the vicar and Clive Dunn left.

RIP. Ian, thanks for all the laughs.

Great timeless classic. I recently purchased the whole series on DVD. My father always got a big chuckle from the series because he was about the same age portrayed by Pvt. Pike (Ian). Dad was in the local home guard at Throop while he was waiting to join the Royal Navy early in WW2

John Le Mesurier had a fantastic voice. He was married to Hattie Jaques.
Useless trivia- the Le Mesurier name is an unusual variant of Le Masurier- a very common Jersey family name. Essentially meaning a measurer in old French, I’m guessing it’s got Norman heritage. Strange to see how widely the name has scattered around the world by seafaring Jerseymen. Ever wondered why New Jersey is called New Jersey? Obvious really.

RIP. Ian, thanks for all the laughs.

Great timeless classic. I recently purchased the whole series on DVD. My father always got a big chuckle from the series because he was about the same age portrayed by Pvt. Pike (Ian). Dad was in the local home guard at Throop while he was waiting to join the Royal Navy early in WW2
I never knew there was a home guard out of Throop - any chance you know any details/history?

;