Non- Dorset councils

Islands of adventure, best theme park in the world right now.

Apparently Universal building a park Bedford way. No doubt will take many years to complete, but looking forward to that.

Would imagine it will do extremely well over here. No doubt cost of land astronomical over here. But we dont have anything near same level as the quality of those parks right now.

TBH Universal overtaken Disney imo for theme parks now. At least in terms of rides over the past decade... pushing the envelope more. Whereas Disney relying on... urgh... being Disney. Tron is decent though.

Apparently Universal building a park Bedford way. No doubt will take many years to complete, but looking forward to that.

Would imagine it will do extremely well over here. No doubt cost of land astronomical over here. But we dont have anything near same level as the quality of those parks right now.

TBH Universal overtaken Disney imo for theme parks now. At least in terms of rides over the past decade... pushing the envelope more. Whereas Disney relying on... urgh... being Disney. Tron is decent though.
Best theme park experience in the world by a country mile is Rise of the Resistance though.

Disney World itself is too expensive right now and spreads its experiences too wide across the 4 parks. Universal you get so much in the two parks and can even hop on the Hogwarts express to move between them. The biggest issue for Universal going forward is their over reliance on cheaper 3d screen rides. Universal studios itself being the case in point. Its very weak for good rides.

Best theme park experience in the world by a country mile is Rise of the Resistance though.

Disney World itself is too expensive right now and spreads its experiences too wide across the 4 parks. Universal you get so much in the two parks and can even hop on the Hogwarts express to move between them. The biggest issue for Universal going forward is their over reliance on cheaper 3d screen rides. Universal studios itself being the case in point. Its very weak for good rides.

Yeah island of adventures much better for coasters isn't it.

Both parks great experiences/places to be though. Unniversal only has 1 or two coasters, rest made up of 3d rides. Some a little dated now, but transformers is very good still.

Harry potter zones incredible aren't they. Abd I'm not into potter at all. Heard mario zone may soon by under way... looks decent at their Tokyo iirc Park...

Oh man how could i forget! Rise of resistance is indeed epic. So well done, authentic. As is thst star wars zone. Daughters watched all 6 star wars movies since last summers visit so should appreciate that area even most this summer.

Pandora at Animal kingdom also top notch imo. 3d ride on the ikran is superb. We found the other one a bit boring though. Also everest coaster is superb...

So actually scrap that. Disney still on the ball! We'll skip the rides like Peter pan this time. Not worth queue/fast pass. She claimed last time she's too old for Princess stuff now (at the grand age of 7...) as too childish for her. Tell yku what, princess for a day thing... seeing her dressed/madeup as princess... honestly, nearly started crying. Never felt such a wave of emotion seeing her. Can see how dad's can't hold it in now when seeing daughters get married. Also nice to know I am capable of emotions after all! :Dincredibly powerful feeling seeing her like that.

Weighing up day trip to busch gdns for upcoming visit. So much to do on her 1st visit so we didn't bother. More white knuckle orientated iirc so will decide if worth the day trip this time !

Last edited:

Both parks great experiences/places to be though.

Harry potter zones incredible aren't they. Abd I'm not into potter at all.

Oh man how could i forget! Rise of resistance is indeed epic. So well done, authentic. As is thst star wars zone. Daughters watched all 6 star wars movies since last summers visit so should appreciate that area even most this summer.

Pandora at Animal kingdom also top notch imo. 3d ride on the ikran is superb. We found the other one a bit boring though. Also everest coaster is superb...

So actually scrap that. Disney still on the ball!

Weighing up day trip to busch gdns for upcoming visit. So much to do on her 1st visit so we didn't bother. More white knuckle orientated iirc so will decide if worth the day trip this time !
We really enjoyed Busch. Went on the same day as a Bucs game to fit in both. Really enjoyed it. Happened to be in the right place right time for the boys to feed some animals. The kind of thing that costs hundreds in Disney. Was much quieter. The rides there are amazing, especially Shakira Shakira.

Both parks great experiences/places to be though. Unniversal only has 1 or two coasters, rest made up of 3d rides. Some a little dated now, but transformers is very good still.

Harry potter zones incredible aren't they. Abd I'm not into potter at all. Heard mario zone may soon by under way... looks decent at their Tokyo iirc Park...

So actually scrap that. Disney still on the ball! We'll skip the rides like Peter pan this time. Not worth queue/fast pass. She claimed last time she's too old for Princess stuff now (at the grand age of 7...) as too childish for her. Tell yku what, princess for a day thing... seeing her dressed/madeup as princess... honestly, nearly started crying. Never felt such a wave of emotion seeing her. Can see how dad's can't hold it in now when seeing daughters get married. Also nice to know I am capable of emotions after all! :Dincredibly powerful feeling seeing her like that.

I was there in August and Mario Park is actually well underway. Slowed to a stop during Covid obviously but the build is almost being fast tracked. Can you imagine a build of that scale being built on time and at cost in this country? If they do build in this country it could be embarrassing.
We stayed at the Hard Rock which was fantastic. Helped by the fact that you walked past the pool, through the garden and into the best theme park in the world within a couple of minutes.

I was there in August and Mario Park is actually well underway. Slowed to a stop during Covid obviously but the build is almost being fast tracked. Can you imagine a build of that scale being built on time and at cost in this country? If they do build in this country it could be embarrassing.
We stayed at the Hard Rock which was fantastic. Helped by the fact that you walked past the pool, through the garden and into the best theme park in the world within a couple of minutes.
Oh really. I was there end of July. No signs of development back then.

Tbh Mario/Nintendo never appealed, akways been PS 'realism' man, since ps1 days. Cartoony, 'childish' nintendo style... not my thing.

Had 10 year hiatus from gaming till I bought switch just before covid, then capitulated abd bought ps5 and series x during covid. Avoided it before as alcohol, games are my poison...

Must admit, nintendo defo have a magic to their games... odyssey and kart 8 first ever mario games I've ever owned/played. Thought zelda breath of wild overrated.

My poison is football manager. Apart from 10 year gap... sunk many, way too many hours into champ/football manager since 92 edition. Play that and you'll cry at prospect of traore slipping through the net...

That and gt7 on vr2 are my poisons. Gt7 sooooooo good in vr, its unreal. If you have interest in cars buy it, and decebt fanatec wheel setup. So so good. Really is. Elevates the game tenfold imo. Thing of beauty, really is.

Managed to finalky complete witcher 3 in between, recently. Phenomenal. So many good games, so littke time mate :D

Working through dead space remake now.

Last edited:
Oh really. I was there end of July. No signs of development back then.

Tbh Mario/Nintendo never appealed, akways been PS 'realism' man, since ps1 days. Cartoony, 'childish' nintendo style... not my thing.

Had 10 year hiatus from gaming till I bought switch just before covid, then capitulated abd bought ps5 and series x during covid. Avoided it before as alcohol, games are my poison...

Must admit, nintendo defo have a magic to their games... odyssey and kart 8 first ever mario games I've ever owned/played. Thought zelda breath of wild overrated.

My poison is football manager. Apart from 10 year gap... sunk many, way too many hours into champ/football manager since 92 edition. Play that and you'll cry at prospect of traore slipping through the net...

That and gt7 on vr2 are my poisons. Gt7 sooooooo good in vr, its unreal. If you have interest in cars buy it, and decebt fanatec wheel setup. So so good. Really is. Elevates the game tenfold imo. Thing of beauty, really is.

Managed to finalky complete witcher 3 in between, recently. Phenomenal. So many good games, so littke time mate :D

Working through dead space remake now.
It's being built near the old wet n wild site if you go back that far, so not adjacent to islands of adventure.

Weve stayed in Royal Pacific, Hark Rock and Portofino Bay.

No longer as many deals as their used to be becuase they are not cheap but one of the best, most relaxing few days you can have.

;