Non Emma Raducanu

Ignoring the fact that she was born in Canada, the press will love her.

Easy on the eye, mixed race, went to grammar school, speaks well.

For next 12 months it doesn't really matter if she doesn't win another game, the media has a new idol.

Am I getting old and cynical?

OOOOps, just read the above reply : )

...well for me she is the best thing to happen to GB's womens tennis since Sue Barker (underated and would have won Wimbledon in 1977 had she got to the final v Wade IMO..still can't believe she lost to Betty Stove in the Semi?)...I am probably biased as she is the first player that I saw in the flesh at Wimbledon when I first went there in 1976..
I really hope that the nations expectation on her young shoulders doesn't cause her to underperform today!

I know the media are really playing on the fact she went to state school etc. While that is actually fairly unusual for junior tennis player picked out via LTA talent ID, she has still has a huge amount of support from them.

...well for me she is the best thing to happen to GB's womens tennis since Sue Barker (underated and would have won Wimbledon in 1977 had she got to the final v Wade IMO..still can't believe she lost to Betty Stove in the Semi?)...I am probably biased as she is the first player that I saw in the flesh at Wimbledon when I first went there in 1976..
I really hope that the nations expectation on her young shoulders doesn't cause her to underperform today!
That would have been something in Jubilee year. Wade v Barker. They’d still be talking about it now. I sat and had a chat with Sue Barker back in about 1976 when the Hardcourt Championships used to attract all the top stars. Seemed a really nice girl.

That would have been something in Jubilee year. Wade v Barker. They’d still be talking about it now. I sat and had a chat with Sue Barker back in about 1976 when the Hardcourt Championships used to attract all the top stars. Seemed a really nice girl.
...you lucky bugger!

Emma Raducanu and opponent going to be on quite late now.

Not ideal when then ladies quarter finals are tomorrow and the winner plays Ash Barty.

Zverev loves a 5 setter doesn't he?

Decent first set. Had a chance to break and then serve for the set but then looked a shadow of that performance.

All over.

Back in the day West Hants club used to host a great tennis tournament. Sponsored by Rothmans. I saw and met many great players. Billie Jean King was lovely, Virginia Wade snotty. Ille Nastase was terrific. Good days.

;