Non Emma Raducanu

Its her background that helps her apparently she says, Chinese mother.

Certainly it's the mental strength that has been lacking in women's british tennis over the years.

And most of the men too, for that matter :)

Its her background that helps her apparently she says, Chinese mother.

Certainly it's the mental strength that has been lacking in women's british tennis over the years.

And most of the men too, for that matter :)

Has it been lacking though? As a country we have a very strong presence on the world stage.

A
I think coming out and saying that John Barnes is not English and can never be English, is a bit tactless into today's society. As far as I'm concerned, John Barnes is as English as I am. So is Emma Raducanu.

At least this proves that you don't get everything right hahah...
..Barnes is Jamaican and Raducanu is Rumanian( a correct spelling btw)..

..however it doesn't mean we cannot embrace them as ' British'...not English but British !..they are as much Jock , Taff or Paddy as they are ' English'..and who would want to be English anyway..the most hated and vilified people on Earth..and f√ck me I'm proud of that badge !

Last edited:
A

At least this proves that you don't get everything right hahah...
..Barnes is Jamaican and Raducanu is Rumanian( correct spelling btw)..

..however it doesn't mean we cannot embrace them as ' British'...not English but British !..they are as much Jock , Taff or Paddy as they are ' English'..and who would want to be English anyway..the most hated and vilified people on Earth..and f√ck me I'm proud of that badge !
OK. So Barnes is Jamaican because place of birth is all-important and nationality of father is irrelevant. Raducanu is Romanian because nationality of father is all-important and place of birth is irrelevant. If you are going to be bigoted, why not at least try for consistent bigotry?

The point is not whether the likes of you can patronisingly "embrace" them as British, the question is whether an immigrant can actually be British, or English, or Welsh, or Scottish, or Irish. The answer is yes, they can.

OK. So Barnes is Jamaican because place of birth is all-important and nationality of father is irrelevant. Raducanu is Romanian because nationality of father is all-important and place of birth is irrelevant. If you are going to be bigoted, why not at least try for consistent bigotry?

The point is not whether the likes of you can patronisingly "embrace" them as British, the question is whether an immigrant can actually be British, or English, or Welsh, or Scottish, or Irish. The answer is yes, they can.

I'd say that your default line is bigotry..you can't accept other opinions and have to be continually 'right'.

I'm happy to have, more than happy tbh, to have my default line as ' talking sh*te'...then having to be 'right'....is not a self- inflicted necessity.

I quite like Barnes.. and Raducanu...good additions to our sports population.

Just out of interest, how do you work that out?

Isn't that where they were born( edit- she Toronto,Canada)..strange facts...along a path of information.
Tbh ..I'm not bothered where...or whether they are or were ' immigrants'.

Borders are really only subjective ideas...free movement around the Planet , if you had legs or horses..was around for thousands of years...tribes moving for better pasture or resources ..then Politics rocked up..

;