Non- England vs Italy

Well I dont think the fa will be taking England back to molineux any time soon! :D we've done to wolves what Hungary have done to England here with the same crowd.

England created more in the latter stages after being 2 or 3 down than was created in 3-4 games prior. That speaks to how poorly motivated the players are for these games, it takes getting them angry to do anything above just going through the motions.

England were shite in that game and pretty average that tournament other than against the Netherlands. They were certainly no better than our last couple of tournaments.
It's how you see it personally. To me Euro 96 was wonderful. I was at that age where drinking and partying were nightly events not biannual events. Never had a hang over. Summers were always long and glorious. Work wasnt a priority and football was everything. The England team had charisma and fight and bottle and skill and mavericks like Gazza. Beating the jocks meant everything and Gazzas goal will stay with me forever. The football may not have been fantastic but life in that era was and football was part of it. So I'll look at certain games differently to you regardless of how much you try to correct me.
This tonight is an embarrassment. A total shower of sh1te and it's been coming.

Southgate is probably glad he has some credit in the bank as it’s probably disappearing fast !!

They will say it’s games at the end of a tough season but still very poor and not good for those trying to make an impression.

These guys are supposed to be representing their bloody Nation FFS... England - the World's premier purveyors of Association Football.
There ARE NO VALID EXCUSES for this abomination .

Disappointing, but at least there are a lot of happy posters on here tonight - probably the same ones that reacted the same when we went out of the FA Cup last season...

On the plus side, must have been a shock for Wolves fans to see more than one English player!

Bette
Most 'top' teams look pretty poor at the moment. I think when the world cup comes along, we'll be better. Concerned about who our left back or left wing back will be, though. Also who plays right and left of Kane? Sterling, surely and ... guess Southgate will go for Foden or Saka unless Saka is in defence. Mount will play as a number 10 I think as Southgate always picks him. Grealish as super sub. He's not done enough to show he's worthy of a start.
“better” than what?. It’s easy to say because they can’t do any worse, can they???

It's how you see it personally. To me Euro 96 was wonderful. I was at that age where drinking and partying were nightly events not biannual events. Never had a hang over. Summers were always long and glorious. Work wasnt a priority and football was everything. The England team had charisma and fight and bottle and skill and mavericks like Gazza. Beating the jocks meant everything and Gazzas goal will stay with me forever. The football may not have been fantastic but life in that era was and football was part of it. So I'll look at certain games differently to you regardless of how much you try to correct me.
This tonight is an embarrassment. A total shower of sh1te and it's been coming.

I was 16 and look at it exactly as you describe, the time of my life and a seminal summer of football ... but they replayed the games during lockdown 2020 and England were second best against Scotland until they brought Redknapp on. Gazza was atrocious other than his wondergoal.

The point is, that tournament was brilliant yet the football was just ok. We rode our luck and got through to the semis, didn't win but it was brilliant. Last tournament was exactly the same for some of us (albeit I wasn't 16 again) the football wasn't perfect but the tournament was great for England. Not you obviously you thought it was a disgrace, lol.

I was 16 and look at it exactly as you describe, the time of my life and a seminal summer of football ... but they replayed the games during lockdown 2020 and England were second best against Scotland until they brought Redknapp on. Gazza was atrocious other than his wondergoal.

The point is, that tournament was brilliant yet the football was just ok. We rode our luck and got through to the semis, didn't win but it was brilliant. Last tournament was exactly the same for some of us (albeit I wasn't 16 again) the football wasn't perfect but the tournament was great for England. Not you obviously you thought it was a disgrace, lol.
Disgrace is a bit harsh ! I've never said that ! I enjoyed it thoroughly . The first time I'd ever experienced a final with England in it. It was just so disappointing. My dislike isnt the team or the players it's Southgate's way of playing with a good set of players at his disposal. Of course like everyone else I'll be hoping we can win the world cup.

A long time coming as said before. The luck is running out.

Very kind of channel 4 to upstage Southgate's decision making deficiency by employing Aluko.

Disgrace is a bit harsh ! I've never said that ! I enjoyed it thoroughly . The first time I'd ever experienced a final with England in it. It was just so disappointing. My dislike isnt the team or the players it's Southgate's way of playing with a good set of players at his disposal. Of course like everyone else I'll be hoping we can win the world cup.

Come on, be honest, England have been accused of turgid shite ever since I've been old enough to watch them and you seem to be similar age to me. There's no magic manager out there who would suddenly turn them into Brazil. Southgate plays the same stuff as most previous managers but he gave them enough belief to do better than any other side in my lifetime.

It beggars belief does this..

I guess Suitgate be pacing around the dressing room staring down upon highly shined shoes at his reflection....while the players fidget with their shinpads and energy drink bottle tops...waiting for pearls of wisdom to trip off the Messiahs lips .. trouble is Suitgate is busy thinking of what say to the Press bods who can't believe what they done witnessed during 95 minutes of undiluted boredom...unscintillating ullage !
The bloody thing wasn't even in Budapest.....twas bang in the middle of the Black Country at what should have been an intimidating Wolverhampton evening for the Magyars....but NO Boom..Boom ..Boom...Boom

Taint right or proper ...how the pigf√ck can we bait the Scots, Welsh and Irish after such a non - linear dumbstrucking, numpty show !

Jeez ..I really don't bloody well know how to analyse this any further - a great pity dontcha think ?

;