Non - General Election 2024

Obviously I meant inflation :innocent:..interest rates will follow though.

International break zzzzzz just playing devils advocate and sticking to type for stan, druss and KBG. ..they'll understand.
Oh ok so when you said interest rates, you meant inflation.
Which btw is still at ridiculous levels.
Glad someone thinks rishi is doing a good job, at least it's slightly better than liz truss

Attachments

• 26208.jpeg.jpg
    26208.jpeg.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 3
Oh ok so when you said interest rates, you meant inflation.
Which btw is still at ridiculous levels.
Glad someone thinks rishi is doing a good job, at least it's slightly better than liz truss

I wonder what caused the inflation :hmmm:

I'm not crediting Sunak with the drop just questioning your blanket assumption that things are apparently the worst in living history - or at least as bad as anyone on here can remember.

I wonder what caused the inflation :hmmm:

I'm not crediting Sunak with the drop just your blanket assumption that things are apparently the worst in living history - or at least as bad as anyone on here can remember.
I wasn't saying the economy etc is the worst ever, I'm saying the most inept government ever. Liz truss, boris and rishi the disaster trio

Just wondering if those people basing their election preference on these economic measures would vote Biden if on this side of the pond.

I wasn't saying the economy etc is the worst ever, I'm saying the most inept government ever. Liz truss, boris and rishi the disaster trio
Agree we need a clean sleep, just don't think the next lot are the answer any more than the current incumbents.

Additionally I don't we've ever seen the microscope put on politicians before like we have now due to social media and the advances in all kinds of tech.

Brexit and Covid were European / world wide anomalies I'm not sure any party would have excelled indeed Labour tried their best to stall the process, even reverse it - hence Boris who I previously said was like Hughes at Southampton. He kept them up, got it done but should have been binned off straight afterwards.

As we know no one voted for Truss or Sunak, although I still maintain he was the better option and think he's doing a satisfactory job.

Additionally I don't we've ever seen the microscope put on politicians before like we have now due to social media and the advances in all kinds of tech.
To be fair, 30 years ago politicians would lose their job for saying one thing wrong. Nowadays they lie and break the law openly and people vote for them :D

Not sure thats anything to do with social media.

To be fair, 30 years ago politicians would lose their job for saying one thing wrong. Nowadays they lie and break the law openly and people vote for them :D

Not sure thats anything to do with social media.

I'm with Red_House on this one. The scrutiny and level of expectation on all politicians is off the scale compared to 30 years ago. I think people have become wholly unrealistic in their expectations. Holding the Tories responsible for inflation or Starmer for deaths in Gaza is ridiculous.

Lifelong Tory voter here.

I disagree with you, Red_House, about Sunak. He is a disaster for the Tory party. Directionless and spineless just like ..... Starmer! He has just stuck two fingers up to the Red Wall voters and just answers to his globalist puppet-masters. Bringing Cameron back FFS! To the rank and file of the Tory Party, this is sheer lunacy. Sunak is so out of his depth and has totally misread the the feelings of the Party and the general public. Suella summed him up well in her resignation letter.

Labour will annihilate us next election - God help the country then! The Tories then need to revert to Conservative policies with a leader who believes in this country and has the strength and charisma to reduce people's dependence on the state, resist the globalists, put a check on the harmful progressive agenda and stop the mass immigration which has eroded the very fabric of our society.
Then, maybe, the Tories will be a creditable party again.

I shall be voting Reform at the next General Election.

I'm with Red_House on this one. The scrutiny and level of expectation on all politicians is off the scale compared to 30 years ago. I think people have become wholly unrealistic in their expectations. Holding the Tories responsible for inflation or Starmer for deaths in Gaza is ridiculous.

That's so far wrong is unbelievable. Did you start following politics when we got promoted to the Premier League?

Lifelong Tory voter here.

I disagree with you, Red_House, about Sunak. He is a disaster for the Tory party. Directionless and spineless just like ..... Starmer! He has just stuck two fingers up to the Red Wall voters and just answers to his globalist puppet-masters. Bringing Cameron back FFS! To the rank and file of the Tory Party, this is sheer lunacy. Sunak is so out of his depth and has totally misread the the feelings of the Party and the general public. Suella summed him up well in her resignation letter.

Labour will annihilate us next election - God help the country then! The Tories then need to revert to Conservative policies with a leader who believes in this country and has the strength and charisma to reduce people's dependence on the state, resist the globalists, put a check on the harmful progressive agenda and stop the mass immigration which has eroded the very fabric of our society.
Then, maybe, the Tories will be a creditable party again.

I shall be voting Reform at the next General Election.

Interesting. In my mind the proper Tory stalwart leaders of days gone by are history or in their graves but society has changed and continues to do so.

In relation to mass immigration you slate Cameron but he instigated the Brexit vote. Clearly it didn't help when he jumped ship so yep credibility down the drain. Wasn't deporting asylum seekers to Africa Sunaks idea yet you slate him as well.

I doubt there are any Conservatives with the ideologies you want nowadays, in the same way stalwarts of the oppo on here think of their candidate.

That's so far wrong is unbelievable. Did you start following politics when we got promoted to the Premier League?

No whatsapp when Blair decided we invade Iraq. You're probably younger than me. What happened in the Commons bar / private functions etc probably stayed there for the most part without the back up or proof available nowadays.(hence i said tech in my posts)

Likewise sneeze and its not on twitter within 5 seconds.

Interesting. In my mind the proper Tory stalwart leaders of days gone by are history or in their graves but society has changed and continues to do so.

In relation to mass immigration you slate Cameron but he instigated the Brexit vote. Clearly it didn't help when he jumped ship so yep credibility down the drain. Wasn't deporting asylum seekers to Africa Sunaks idea yet you slate him as well.

I doubt there are any Conservatives with the ideologies you want nowadays, in the same way stalwarts of the oppo on here think of their candidate.
To be fair, Cameron said that Brexit would lead to massive illegal immigration, so at least he got that right.

So blaming the Tories for inflation and Starmer for the bombings in Gaza spot on then? Ok druss at least you're consistent.
It’s perfectly acceptable to blame the Tories for high inflation. We still have the highest inflation in the G7 and thats no coincidence. Blaming Starmer for deaths in Gaza may be a step too far but his refusal to accept a ceasefire means he has to acknowledge that his position is causing mass civilian deaths.

Just wondering if those people basing their election preference on these economic measures would vote Biden if on this side of the pond.
I think you’d find it hard to find anyone but the most extreme over here who would vote for Trump.

;