Non - General Election

...watching Question Time last evening I have the opinion that politicians are not really listening to others and appear open to any real debates of substance...just calling each other liars and worse. It is a shame that a poorly thought out Referendum has reduced our MP's to figures of ridicule and such blinkered thinking. The Tories are in disarray...The Labour Party is un-electable with Jeremy Corbyn as it's leader...The Lib-Dems have nailed their colours to the remainers who were in the minority of voters...The EU hasn't covered themselves with any glory either with their gusto for giving The UK a good kicking...whilst The Scots led by some kind of new Braveheart in the shape of the totally argumentative and self proporting leader Nicola Sturgeon are pushing for the break up of the Union as if they could withstand the isolation with about as much clout as Cyprus or Malta...

These are the craziest of times and I can't imagine where it will all end up...one thing is for sure it will be the working class people of this land who will bear the brunt economically and have to carry the burden of such volatile misrule of our country...
This .

Letwin. Jeez.....the bad smell still lingers.

Thatchers little PollTax pixie.....and lambaster of Afro- Carribeans when it suited!

Of the very worst of Tories. Still sticking his obstructive interjections into the mix. Cant let go of the remnants of Thatcherism!

I think its time for a younger More Relevant Core of politicians across the spectrum!

We should never have had a referendum held in that particular way which was confirmed (by the government's own study) to have been flawed and undemocratic on a number of levels.

Many of the people who voted leave may have been exasperated by certain aspects of the EU, but there were no voting options to try and fix this from within the EU. 'Remain' to many just meant 'the status quo'.

Other people voted leave because they blamed the EU for things that weren't even the fault of the EU. Some of those were successfully sold lies by the vote leave campaign.

Ultimately, the decision of EU membership should not be for Joe Public to decide. It's not Barry from Bognor's job to renegotiate all of the UK's trade agreements. Therefore how can he possibly know what is in our country's best interests? It is perfectly fine to take a poll on what the populus thinks are the most important issues and what they are unhappy with, but it is the govermnent's job to find the best balance and spend our hard earned bucks as best as possible. Be that in the EU or out.

100%. It’s the point that not enough people refer back to. Very few of us are bright enough to know what we were voting for. We were misled by both sides - either expecting the strange rules on fruit to go and the NHS fixed if you listened to one side or total economic Armageddon the day after the vote if you listened to others.

My mum voted. She has Alzheimer’s and didn’t know my name when she voted. She was able though to make a decision effecting complex economic and trade policies so that was ok though.

MPs brought it on us, then lied to us, then failed to prepare in three years for the outcome and are now ignoring it while disappearing up their own unedified arses at a rate of Knots. We have shut down for months and the damage will unravel further down the line.

The damage to the parliamentary system is huge. Anyone with kids between 12 and 17 it’s so sad to talk to them about politics. We grew up despising certain politicians and hero worshipping others (depending on your side). Kids today hate all politicians, they laugh at them, my daughter asked me today why on earth I would ever vote in another election.

I did the bit about her great grandad dying so we could all vote but after that I just had to agree with everything she said. Makes my blood boil.

100%. It’s the point that not enough people refer back to. Very few of us are bright enough to know what we were voting for. We were misled by both sides - either expecting the strange rules on fruit to go and the NHS fixed if you listened to one side or total economic Armageddon the day after the vote if you listened to others.

My mum voted. She has Alzheimer’s and didn’t know my name when she voted. She was able though to make a decision effecting complex economic and trade policies so that was ok though.

MPs brought it on us, then lied to us, then failed to prepare in three years for the outcome and are now ignoring it while disappearing up their own unedified arses at a rate of Knots. We have shut down for months and the damage will unravel further down the line.

The damage to the parliamentary system is huge. Anyone with kids between 12 and 17 it’s so sad to talk to them about politics. We grew up despising certain politicians and hero worshipping others (depending on your side). Kids today hate all politicians, they laugh at them, my daughter asked me today why on earth I would ever vote in another election.

I did the bit about her great grandad dying so we could all vote but after that I just had to agree with everything she said. Makes my blood boil.

This is the damage that is unravelling down the line. It was inevitable from the day they they signed the Maastricht Treaty without seeking popular consent.

Your version of politics basically hands politicians carte blanche to do whatever they want. The voters must always hold the ultimate power.

Last edited:
The fact that the Referendum didnt feature any detail about leave conditions or aftermath doesnt mean it wasnt a Democratic entity.

The reality is that both sides of the argument would have complete bozos... uneducated / uninformed goofs voting for it....likewise a balance of highly intelligent, well- read, observers of history..like myself... on each side.
So it balances... laws of averages and all that.....
It boils down to a Democratic vote by a fair and varied enough cross-section of the populace being ignored by politicians that think they are infallible, untouchable and know better.....naturally some do...but only a few and not necessarily better than All of us!

They have power and mandate to deliver said Democratic decision....and must do it!

If they dont...we are not a Democracy....and open to anarchy , civil war ...dictatorship!

Last edited:
This is the damage that is unravelling down the line. It was inevitable from the day they they signed the Maastricht Treaty without seeking popular consent.

Your version of politics basically hands politicians carte blanche to do whatever they want. The voters must always hold the ultimate power.

The Leader of the House would appear not to agree.

In my 56 years on this planet the only good MP who represented my constituency was a Liberal Democrat - she, I felt, was at least working for her constituents, rather than towing the party line.
The current Tory promised to do something about the poor state of mental health care for young people in Dorset, after it was highlighted that a teenager requiring residential care was sent to BRADFORD for this.
I emailed him a while back to ask what progress had been made. Three guesses.

Also, plenty on this site moan about what a dreadful MP Christopher Chope (conservative) is. People tell me that Diana Maddocks (Lib Dem) was a good MP

They really aren't all bad, Bill.

Think that was a bad move by those that voted blue and lost DM her seat.

I voted for her not for the Party she represented but for her as a person

Not interested in Party politics for where I live, just want someone who you see doing their job, plus getting involved around the town they represent and actually live in.

Sad day when she lost her seat, best MP we have had.

;