Non - General Election

lol this.

Some leavers actually want a country wide melt down with industries going to the wall as proof of a "true" brexit,.

Anything else would be in name only.

Wallmth, please explain what process of leaving would be acceptable to you to achieve the vote from 2016? At some point between staying where we are and declaring war on the EU there must be a process where you think that means brexit? Please, I would love to know.

Standard Druss “ meltdown “ , “businesses going to the wall” and a new one “ declaring war on the EU . To be be fair they do fit nicely with the good old Catastrophic , off a cliff edge ,crashing out .etc etc

Why don’t you tell me why non of the end is nigh predictions came to pass the first time around .Why did unemployment go down instead of up? Why did we not enter a recession and GDP went up instead of down .
Why do we never hear of the fantastic successes of the British economy since 2016 ?
Lastly why would I believe a concerted propaganda exercise of exactly the same type by exactly the same people that has been proven to be 100% false within only the last 3 yrs .

The politicians have had their chance and they blew it . More than anything business hates uncertainty and with this lot dithering away we will never have anything but delay and uncertainty .
At this point leave without a “deal” although I would much rather call these deals what they are “treaties “and then after we leave business will always find a way because that’s what business does . The EU and UK will not stop trading .Its not going to be “catastrophic “ there won’t be people dying in the street and there won’t be IRA hitmen hiding in every bush, .
There will be some temporary hardship for SOME business but every leaver I knew 3 years ago knew this when they voted ,it was talked about a lot , many voters changed their minds after talks of recessions that never appeared and all the rest but most didn’t . Some business will not do well and new businesses will thrive but hasn’t that ALWAYS been the way .

I believe and hope the history books are going to look back at this period between 1973 and hopefully 2016 as a quirky but brief aberration in our Islands long history when we voluntarily but with some slight of hand gave up our sovereignty to a foreign power ,but luckily came to our senses just in time ..

Last edited:
No we didn’t. If you are referring to the 2011 referendum that was a choice between FPTP and the even less proportional AV system. Had PR been on the ballot paper, people might have voted differently.

Well full PR was never going to be an option under the conservatives. Would be like Turkey’s voting for Christmas.

It was a compromise, could even have been a stepping stone towards more reform.

But it lost. People didn’t bang on about it afterwards it was accepted and moved on.

Well full PR was never going to be an option under the conservatives. Would be like Turkey’s voting for Christmas.

It was a compromise, could even have been a stepping stone towards more reform.

But it lost. People didn’t bang on about it afterwards it was accepted and moved on.
Must have kept Vitals afloat though ;-)

Oh yeah, the previous Labour government of Blair/Brown b u g g *e r e* d the UK economy.

Nice to see you rewrite history.

That was the result of a worldwide recession caused by greed and rampant capitalism gone wrong.

By printing money and giving it to the banks, the Tories actually managed to prolong the recession.

Printing money and redistributing it throughout society could well have worked better and would at least have left many of us with a decent hangover and without the feeling that all bankers are money grabbing bastards only looking out for their own self interest.

To Wallmouth’s question about the economy post 2016: “.Why did unemployment go down instead of up?”

Two reasons:

- firstly, and this may have escaped your attention, we haven’t left the EU; and

- secondly, businesses are not investing in new plant and machinery, preferring to employ people (usually on the minimum wage) instead. Employment levels are high but wages aren’t.

That was the result of a worldwide recession caused by greed and rampant capitalism gone wrong.

By printing money and giving it to the banks, the Tories actually managed to prolong the recession.

Printing money and redistributing it throughout society could well have worked better and would at least have left many of us with a decent hangover and without the feeling that all bankers are money grabbing bastards only looking out for their own self interest.

They did abit of that in the US , sending out Checks to everyone ..Still beggar’s belief to me that not a single Banker or financier went to jail over that whole mess .

To Wallmouth’s question about the economy post 2016: “.Why did unemployment go down instead of up?”

Two reasons:

- firstly, and this may have escaped your attention, we haven’t left the EU; and

- secondly, businesses are not investing in new plant and machinery, preferring to employ people (usually on the minimum wage) instead. Employment levels are high but wages aren’t.

_ firstly, if it escaped your attention. These were predictions for after the vote , within the first year , not when we left .

- so uncertainty then , are there more unemployed or less ?

The ideas above are all very well, unity government, revoking Article 50 and having a re-think and all sorts of other things but with this present parliament is there a majority for anything? Every faction has its own agenda.

Eventually there'll be another general election but what happens if there's no majority for something then?

Surely this is going to end soon?

We must be the laughing stock of Europe.
We are a Laughing Stock ...and we exist ironically alongside the other Laughing Stock...the EU ....NEAT!

And outside the Two Laughing Stocks.. across Seas and Oceans....other civilisations exist ..discovered a few centuries back!
Someone please tell the Polly Wallies in Westminster....so they can Discuss and Look Outwards!

Amber Rudd now resigned. I can’t remember having so much fun in years. Bye bye Boris.

Not entirely unexpected. She only just won her Hastings seat by a margin of a little over 300. Given the inevitability of an election she was very likely to lose her seat. The easy way out is to resign, become an independent and choose a different seat at the next election. And so the political games go on.

Not entirely unexpected. She only just won her Hastings seat by a margin of a little over 300. Given the inevitability of an election she was very likely to lose her seat. The easy way out is to resign, become an independent and choose a different seat at the next election. And so the political games go on.
According to the polls she might not have been likely to lose her seat.

2nd sentence correct. Should have cut their hands off.
3rd sentence incorrect. Brown/Darling et al introduced QE (printing money) in 2008
https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/quantitative-easing

According to the polls she might not have been likely to lose her seat.
I don’t know which poll you’re referring to Rob, and how recent that was. But with Hastings being a strong leave constituency, and given the developments in Parliament over recent days, I think her position was going to become increasingly vulnerable.

Lose her seat, win her seat, tie her seat. Who cares any more. It’s another dagger in the heart of our most incompetent PM ever and that is something to celebrate.

_ firstly, if it escaped your attention. These were predictions for after the vote , within the first year , not when we left .

- so uncertainty then , are there more unemployed or less ?

There are fewer actually. As I have always maintained, and as you have so helpfully demonstrated, Brexit supporters are thick.

Amber Rudd...the great Amber Rudd....Green for Go....Amber for F#ck knows what!....Red for Stop!
Cleopatra.... Boudicca....Liz1.....Victoria.....Florence Nightingale.... Marie Curie...Liz2.... Eva Peron.....Mother Theresa..........
....wow!.......Amber f#cking Rudd !...well now...i'll be woken up by the song of a blackbird!..
And read about Amber Rudd!

;