Non - General Election

She only narrowly won her seat in the last election. If you think it means Boris will resign you’ll be disappointed.

Right ! Lest we forget all the resignations magic Grandpa had to deal with on the other side of the aisle .
To to mention his epic vote of no confidence when his own Labour MPs voted 172 to 40 to kick him out ...somehow still lingering around though .

There are fewer actually. As I have always maintained, and as you have so helpfully demonstrated, Brexit supporters are thick.

Aww bless .Thanks for demonstrating the keyboard warrior . So help me out if it was predicted that unemployment would go up .They actually had a number something like 700k, but it went down . Then it was an untruth wasn’t it ? What the f uck has that got to to with levels of pay , machinery or whatever .Please make your point really simple for me without your hiding behind a computer insults .

Last edited:
De-Select × 600 +… Vote in New...(under 50 year old) Pollies.....by Proportional Representation. ..New Dawn....most likely get a Coalition Gov.... but a better connection with the public!

Standard Druss “ meltdown “ , “businesses going to the wall” and a new one “ declaring war on the EU . To be be fair they do fit nicely with the good old Catastrophic , off a cliff edge ,crashing out .etc etc

Why don’t you tell me why non of the end is nigh predictions came to pass the first time around .Why did unemployment go down instead of up? Why did we not enter a recession and GDP went up instead of down .
Why do we never hear of the fantastic successes of the British economy since 2016 ?
Lastly why would I believe a concerted propaganda exercise of exactly the same type by exactly the same people that has been proven to be 100% false within only the last 3 yrs .

The politicians have had their chance and they blew it . More than anything business hates uncertainty and with this lot dithering away we will never have anything but delay and uncertainty .
At this point leave without a “deal” although I would much rather call these deals what they are “treaties “and then after we leave business will always find a way because that’s what business does . The EU and UK will not stop trading .Its not going to be “catastrophic “ there won’t be people dying in the street and there won’t be IRA hitmen hiding in every bush, .
There will be some temporary hardship for SOME business but every leaver I knew 3 years ago knew this when they voted ,it was talked about a lot , many voters changed their minds after talks of recessions that never appeared and all the rest but most didn’t . Some business will not do well and new businesses will thrive but hasn’t that ALWAYS been the way .

I believe and hope the history books are going to look back at this period between 1973 and hopefully 2016 as a quirky but brief aberration in our Islands long history when we voluntarily but with some slight of hand gave up our sovereignty to a foreign power ,but luckily came to our senses just in time ..

Nice long post.

Could you answer my question?

I’m absolutely certain Johnson is going to fall on his sword and I’m absolutely certain that the country will rejoice.
And yet, despite all that has happened this week, the latest YouGov poll:

Con: 35% (-)
Lab: 21% (-4)
LD: 19% (+3)
Brexit: 12% (+1)
Greens: 7%

Aww bless .Thanks for demonstrating the keyboard warrior . So help me out if it was predicted that unemployment would go up .They actually had a number something like 700k, but it went down . Then it was an untruth wasn’t it ? What the f uck has that got to to with levels of pay , machinery or whatever .Please make your point really simple for me without your hiding behind a computer insults .

What has been happening since 2016 is that, in the face of uncertainty, businesses have been reluctant to make long term investment decisions. So investment in plant and machinery (in manufacturing) and in software (in services) is down. However there is still money to be made, so companies are choosing to use low paid staff instead. Hence employment is up but productivity is down, creating an inefficient low wage economy.

Nice long post.

Could you answer my question?

Thankyou I really pushed the boat out for you with that one .;)

Top of fifth paragraph . Leave without a deal ..then allow business to work it out themselves . They’ll make a far better job of it than any politicians

Could you now answer mine “ why should I believe any prediction of future calamity when the very same voices got in so wrong after the vote . It’s almost like the have ulterior motives .

Thankyou I really pushed the boat out for you with that one .;)

Top of fifth paragraph . Leave without a deal ..then allow business to work it out themselves . They’ll make a far better job of it than any politicians

Could you now answer mine “ why should I believe any prediction of future calamity when the very same voices got in so wrong after the vote . It’s almost like the have ulterior motives .

The prediction by the conservative government? Which other ones do you mean? I'm guessing the only other one is the Chairman of the bank of England who printed money to mitigate the impact? Amy others as the majority of the current financial experts are all saying the same. Besides....increasing the cost of food and slowing the movement of goods through the border will not benefit our economy...that's not opinion, that's a fact.

What has been happening since 2016 is that, in the face of uncertainty, businesses have been reluctant to make long term investment decisions. So investment in plant and machinery (in manufacturing) and in software (in services) is down. However there is still money to be made, so companies are choosing to use low paid staff instead. Hence employment is up but productivity is down, creating an inefficient low wage economy.

So as I said uncertainty is the worse thing for business . Regardless of if it’s low paid labor (and that has to be only part of the story) or not .Its hardly the blood on the streets massive unemployment that was predicted .Which was my original point .

This far out from an election opinion polls are almost meaningless. They amount to asking, “what would you do if ...?”

Their other weakness is that they fail to take account of the first past the post system plus local circumstances. So to take an example, Rory Stewart represented a leave seat and can no longer stand as the Conservative candidate in Penrith and the Border. But what if he stands as an independent Conservative and the Lib Democrats and Labour don’t put up candidates. This is a man who has managed an unruly province in Afghanistan, hiked miles across his constituency to shake hands with people and delivered his wife’s baby. I disagree with his politics but the guy has charisma. Who would bet against him beating whatever bland official Conservative candidate central office parachute in?

"For the first time since the 2017 general election, Opinium said it was recording a direct shift in votes between the two major parties. Just over a fifth (22%) of Labour leave voters are now intending to vote Conservative."
That’s a disappointment for the Tories. Only 33% of Labour voters voted Leave in 2016. The Tories should be looking to get 82% of these votes not 22%.

If Opium are correct, they’ll pick up about 7.5% of Labour voters. They will lose much more than that to the Lib Dem’s.

I have only just seen this and the previous posts. I was under the impression that at least one person on here who lived in Christchurch had said they voted for him and would do again simply because he was a conservative. If thats my memory failing then apologies. Every one hates him, I am happy that is the case.

That’s brilliant. Plenty has now come down to at least one. Quality stuff Druss.

;