Non Hampshire cricket

Or maybe not the end of Hampshire ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37487298

Lot of talk of points deductions and relegation for Durham. Doubt they'll impose that but who knows.

...staying up after Durham are relegated by the ECB!

...perhaps they can sign Stokes too!!!

Great news but a bit pot/kettle given Eastleigh Council bailing out the hotel development etc.

Underlying problem for both counties development of Test match quality grounds a costly risk given the old boys circuit to break into. Perhaps a lesson for AFCB to consider.

...a bit different for AFCB as we need a stadium that can probably house at least 20,000 IMO?...I doubt that The Ageas Bowl will ever be full to capacity...unless it is an ashes test match?

hba1 - 3/10/2016 14:59

Great news but a bit pot/kettle given Eastleigh Council bailing out the hotel development etc.

Underlying problem for both counties development of Test match quality grounds a costly risk given the old boys circuit to break into. Perhaps a lesson for AFCB to consider.

Eastleigh Council bought the ground five or so years ago (?) and Hants pay a rent. Somewhat different from Durham's situation. It was considered a good business deal for the Council. Given council tax has hardly risen in the last few years, I'm happy with that.

...be more positive Al...Hants have some decent young talent in Alsop, Wheal and Crane and with a couple of experience heads will do alright next season, even Vince might stay on now?

Garbo - 3/10/2016 16:19

...be more positive Al...Hants have some decent young talent in Alsop, Wheal and Crane and with a couple of experience heads will do alright next season, even Vince might stay on now?

Not to mention the injured players coming back. Desperately missed Topley and Edwards this season.

Always puzzles me how people would never go down the road to support 'that lot' at football but when it comes to cricket, it's all 'us' and 'we'!

Seems a bit like gloryhunting because Dorset are only a minor County.

davygravy - 3/10/2016 18:50

Always puzzles me how people would never go down the road to support 'that lot' at football but when it comes to cricket, it's all 'us' and 'we'!

A can of worms has been reopened.

Slightly different in that Hampshire used to play in Bournemouth not so far back and many people will carry an allegiance from that.

A season of being in a relegation spot all year, then winning the final game to stay up - followed by a season of being in a relegation spot all year but staying up anyway.

Not sure how you can follow that really.

In 1991 Hants were still playing country cricket at Dean Park, so anyone from Bournemouth older than 25 is naturally almost as much as a Hampshire CCC supporter as anyone born before April 74.

Edit: Obviously some from Ensbury park might be old enough to be from Dorset

Born in Hampshire, now live in Dorset. Never moved.

This is cricket, I was born in Hants. Has diddly squat to do with football either.

;