Non Hampshire cricket

I've had to be able to separate my athletics and football allegiances this summer.

Seen Southampton AC celebrating in front of me twice - once winning the Southern Veterans Champs and once celebrating promotion to the top division British league. Kept a lid on it :grin:

TrevorMorganFanClub - 3/10/2016 19:15

A season of being in a relegation spot all year, then winning the final game to stay up - followed by a season of being in a relegation spot all year but staying up anyway.

Not sure how you can follow that really.

In 1991 Hants were still playing country cricket at Dean Park, so anyone from Bournemouth older than 25 is naturally almost as much as a Hampshire CCC supporter as anyone born before April 74.

Edit: Obviously some from Ensbury park might be old enough to be from Dorset

My first season watching Hampshire was 1961 and I was at Dean Park when we beat Derbyshire for their first title win.

Kinson Ensbury Park Wallisdown and Talbot Village switched from Dorset to Hampshire in 1931 so there can't be too many about who remember that.

Well I don't know why Kent are worried which county Kinson, Ensbury Park, Wallisdown and Talbot Village are in. Anyway, it's a long time ago can't they just get over it?

The Alchemist - 4/10/2016 18:26

Kent taking legal advice over the decision.

Bit like when Swindon got relegated for financial issues in the Macari days. They originally relegated them to Div 1 and promoted an extra team from Div 1 rather than reprieve AFCB who were relegated from the Championship that year.
On appeal they rescinded the Swindon relegation so it never came to a challenge.

Kent finished second and second was never going to be enough so why challenge it now...it would unfair to change them to allow Kent up IMO

Hampshire look like they have persuaded Kyle Abbott to turn his back on South Africa and sign a long term deal as a Kolpak player. Hampshire are also in talks with fellow South African Rilee Rossouw on a similar type deal.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2017/content/story/1075163.html

With a fit Edwards, Topley and Wheal, they might have a bowling attack at last.

The Alchemist - 3/1/2017 11:52

Hampshire look like they have persuaded Kyle Abbott to turn his back on South Africa and sign a long term deal as a Kolpak player. Hampshire are also in talks with fellow South African Rilee Rossouw on a similar type deal.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2017/content/story/1075163.html

With a fit Edwards, Topley and Wheal, they might have a bowling attack at last.

Plus the experience of Aussie George Bailey. Should be a better year for Hampshire.

...here is hoping for a better season than last anyway....be good to shove it down the cider drinkers around here where I live (although it was funny to see them miss out on the championship last season!)

Good news indeed although Reece Topley has a shoulder problem requiring surgery.

Did you see James Vince is replacing Eoin Morgan at Sydney in remaining Big Bash games.

Carberry hopefully will be back after his illness as well.
Looking like a decent lineup to at least stay up properly this year :)

Great win and well played young local Poole lad Lewis McManus for a calm batting performance at the end.

;