Non - Harry Arter

It was over long before that, the moment he signed his new deal with us prior to the 17/18 season I would say. He was an absolute monster at times during 15/16 and 16/17, his performance against Man United often gets mentioned, but for me his display against Everton at home in 16/17 was the best individual performance I have ever seen from a Bournemouth midfielder. By quite some distance too. He was almost super human that day. Then 17/18 came along and from the very first whistle away to West Brom it was like watching a totally different player, I think that the tragedy that he experienced in his personal life had finally caught up with him at that point and that he has been mentally checked out ever since. Will be stunned if he continues playing after he finishes picking up his pay packet at Forest.
He certainly put in a huge effort on loan to us in our PL season 18/19. We loved him. I think that if Chelsea hadn't cheated us out of our survival that he would have signed permanently for the Bluebirds.

He certainly put in a huge effort on loan to us in our PL season 18/19. We loved him. I think that if Chelsea hadn't cheated us out of our survival that he would have signed permanently for the Bluebirds.

Perhaps next season you'll have Arter and Moore mate ;)

Bumped into someone down Bmouth beach last month wearing a Cardiff shirt. Of course he was hoping for Moore, but as you've mentioned, always unlikely due to financial situation.

Do you recall David Forde, keeper? Think you loaned him to us 10-15 years ago. He was outstanding for us in league 1, before he signed for Millwall in Champ the next year. Top quality keeper for league 1... could immediately tell he was rock solid, deserved to play in Champ... how times change!

We saw a lot cr4p come in loan for decades in the bottom 2 divisions, from higher division clubs. Some goalkeepers... usually young keepers 'cutting their teeth' who were dodgy as hell/rubbish but went on to have good careers. Begovic, Button etc. But Forde looked quality right away... which was suprising in some ways, as unknown gk in mid twenties who'd barley played before from champ club was hardly most 'exciting' or inspiring of loan deals we did, but was one of the best imo... faultless.

Last edited:
Perhaps next season you'll have Arter and Moore mate ;)

Bumped into someone down Bmouth beach last month wearing a Cardiff shirt. Of course he was hoping for Moore, but as you've mentioned, always unlikely due to financial situation.

Do you recall David Forde, keeper? Think you loaned him to us 10-15 years ago. He was outstanding for us in league 1, before he signed for Millwall in Champ the next year. Top quality keeper for league 1... could immediately tell he was rock solid, deserved to play in Champ... how times change!

We saw a lot cr4p come in loan for decades in the bottom 2 divisions, from higher division clubs. Some goalkeepers... usually young keepers 'cutting their teeth' who were dodgy as hell/rubbish but went on to have good careers. Begovic, Button etc. But Forde looked quality right away... which was suprising in some ways, as unknown gk in mid twenties who'd barley played before from champ club was hardly most 'exciting' or inspiring of loan deals we did, but was one of the best imo... faultless.
We are out of embargo and heading up the table, so can spend in January. Striker is the one department where we are light, so who knows?

On the other hand, as someone on my own forum mentioned his morning, our starting eleven which won yesterday up at Sunderland (and for the third time in 8 days) was assembled for a total of £250,000.

Yes, I remember David Forde, one of many solid goalies we have had over the years.

About Harry specifically... his performance at Boscombe all considered ..equals anything else majestic in our Club History.

If the wee guy is happy in his life now whatever he is doing, wherever he is, or ends up...that's great... and his family time is paramount....
... he knows how he is regarded here.....a legend from our purple period ...the rise from near obscurity... among the best value acquisitions, along with Pitman and Pugh, the club ever made !

Last edited:
About Harry specifically... his performance at Boscombe all considered ..equals anything else majestic in our Club History.

If the wee guy is happy in his life now whatever he is doing, wherever he is, or ends up...that's great... and his family time is paramount....
... he knows how he is regarded here.....a legend from our purple period ...the rise from near obscurity... among the best value acquisitions, along with Pitman and Pugh, the club ever made !
Pitman was a youth product not an acquisition.

giphy.gif

Imagine his wages were the difference of Forest getting a points deduction that relegated them.

One of my all time favourites, so he can do no wrong

I assume for Harry and other players, if they just down tools, the club has an HR style performance management process they can use to suspend wage payments, otherwise its subjective on how hard they may be trying/working

Notts Forest offered the player a contract. Both sides chose to honour that contract. "Stealing a living"? How about taking a look at whoever negotiated the contract on the Forest side?
I'm surprised that HA's agent hasn't had a nasty "accident".

One of my all time favourites, so he can do no wrong

I assume for Harry and other players, if they just down tools, the club has an HR style performance management process they can use to suspend wage payments, otherwise its subjective on how hard they may be trying/working
There is a contract between them and if Arter isn't holding up his side of the bargain Forest can terminate the contract and potentially even sue him.

As it stands they've contracted for a service that they're not getting value from and there's only one party at fault for that.

Imagine Richard Hughes did something like that :fish:

;