Non - How many of these do you have?

How very dare you! ;-)

Diamond Heads first album was great. I bought a copy at the Gaumont after seeing them support April Wine.

I don't think Def Leppard were at all happy being bracketed in the NWOBHM category!

What band were you in?

That band was called Unleash, but we didn't amount to much. They were festival gigs and we were 'up and coming' (read playing for free to not many people) It just brought back memories seeing the names. Some of my band mates were doing reasonably well before Covid, so I must have been the weak link :) Speaking of your list I also remember seeing Cloven Hoof at Salisbury Arts Centre years ago, I hadn't thought about them in at least a decade..

I saw Diamond Head about 8 years ago, and it wasn't enthralling, I do quite like the 'Living On Borrowed Time' album (which contained two from the first album) but stick with the view Metallica brought them back (I'm not particularly into Metallica so it isn't being fan boy). Always happy to talk music. On the back of my failed bands I started writing some reviews for Powerplay magazine, and have blagged interviews with people like Gene Simmons and Blackie Lawless - How were W.A.S.P not in that list?

Leps were definitely NWOBHM, and I had a soft spot for their Scottish counterpart Heavy Pettin'. I was more into the Glam scene though, and in a weird quirk / small world scenario, one of my old band mates is singing with Tigertailz, who were one of my faves back then. I'm expecting that they have a very niche fanbase nowadays though!

I'd forgotten how catchy 'High and Dry' was - it's been running through my head ever since I read your email. Saturday Night....

That's not the original Madness cover,there used to be seven of them but since Chas Smash left ,their photos have photoshopped him out of it.

Obviously a bit of a "chic" fans ........................... or was it the two young ladies on the front you remember........................:wub:

To be honest, that and the Miles Davis (I hate Jazz!) were both guesses - although with some of them you could get the right answer (Billy Joel, Dire Straits) by eliminating the other options

How were W.A.S.P not in that list?

one of my old band mates is singing with Tigertailz, who were one of my faves back then. I'm expecting that they have a very niche fanbase nowadays though!

Agree about WASP, always loved them

Discovered Tigertailz a year or so ago browsing YouTube, got a couple of their songs on my iPod playlist along with other bands I missed at the time like Babylon AD, Dangerous Toys and Dirty Looks

Agree about WASP, always loved them

Discovered Tigertailz a year or so ago browsing YouTube, got a couple of their songs on my iPod playlist along with other bands I missed at the time like Babylon AD, Dangerous Toys and Dirty Looks
Was never sure about WASP. If they'd been called Jasper I might have been more inclined to give them a listen. ;-)

;