Non - irrational grudges

I love that this thread turned from irrational grudges, to very rational grudges, to pet hates in football and pet hates in life.

My irrational grudge is Derby. Because, well, no idea why actually.

My pet hates in football are anything on talksport, 606, live football watchalongs on YouTube, the overuse of "in and around", pointless debates like Ronaldo vs Messi, our Senesi chant, the proliferation of gambling companies and adverts across the game, taking 15 minutes to buy a pint at half time, and overzealous stewards.

Irrational Judges....those are most of us..the general football fan population, most of the time.....brought about by our bias towards our clubs.

Not football related, but

Town Criers - alright in their place (the middle ages) but now they are just gobshites with bells.

Pretentious toss on menus or cooking shows - "pan fried" - what the hell else are you going to fry it in - a galvanized bucket?

Street food. Wtf is it supposed to mean? Apparently half the restaurants in your average high street sell 'street food' where you walk in, sit down at a table, order your 'street food', they cook it in the regular restaurant kitchen then you eat it off a plate at your table.

Not football related, but

Town Criers - alright in their place (the middle ages) but now they are just gobshites with bells.

Pretentious toss on menus or cooking shows - "pan fried" - what the hell else are you going to fry it in - a galvanized bucket?

Deep frier, air frier? Isn't it referring to the fact it's cooked in a pan rather than roasted or grilled? Never understood why it's so offensive. Calling custard creme anglaise on the other hand...

manure - not sure it can be classed as irrational though!

Leeds - just because

MK Dons - franchise football

Forest - enough said

The Tory criminals - they have stolen our money

For the more rational of us....

Elitists: People that think they are better and more knowledgeable than Jack and Jill on our pavements and who disrespect older folk...jealous of their wit, knowledge and experience.
One or two w@nkers on a Forum will attempt to 'lead' to get a 'following' and castigate the 'outside the box' thinkers in unison....sheep will follow.
This aligns now with the dictionary definition of Elitist.

Most Politicians.

Also ;
People what gets all bloody aloof and almighty ovur grammar and spelling...I understand that with regard to legal documents and such ....but on a Football forum ? Sod off.

I'm enjoying this thread...right up my street !

Last edited:

Elitists: People that think they are better and more knowledgeable than Jack and Jill on our pavements and who disrespect older folk...jealous of their wit, knowledge and experience.
One or two w@nkers on a Forum will attempt to 'lead' to get a 'following' and castigate the 'outside the box' thinkers....sheep will follow.

Most Politicians.

Also ;
People what gets all bloody aloof and almighty ovur grammar and spelling...I understand that with regard to legal documents and such ....but on a Football forum ? Sod off.

What about thin-skinned snowflakes Brian? What do you reckon to them?

What about thin-skinned snowflakes Brian? What do you reckon to them?
Don't even go there ..my pet hate on a daily basis ..oh yes Batman !
This Nation can do better without the Snowflakery that has come upon us in recent decades....and without the Woke and PC clutter that wreaks it's epidemical havoc !

Last edited:

One or two w@nkers on a Forum will attempt to 'lead' to get a 'following' and castigate the 'outside the box' thinkers in unison....sheep will follow.

Most Politicians.

Also ;

I think you’ve been asked previously but who are the Elitists or W@makers on this Forum? I only ask as I haven’t seen them yet and want to avoid them if I can. Of course, there’s a few I may agree with, a few I may disagree with, those who fight their corner (opinion), those who may be more knowledgeable than others but are just a fan with a strong opinion, those that attend the game regularly (or just like me in NA who watch every AFCB game on TV sat on my fat ar$e and other PL games), those that I may find funny with their convictions no matter how well or how poor one of our boys plays the game, or is it just anybody who doesn’t grind their hips to your humor. Perhaps you could name them as you appear to have a strong opinion. Yes, you can tell I didn’t have a good round of golf today so not quite my normal balanced self. :)

;