Non - Labour Party

So the 25% of the populous that voted for huge cuts to disability benefits, even bigger cuts to tax breaks for low earners and huge tax cuts to the richest 10% (as well as removing free healthcare) get to feel smug.

I despair at my country some times...

Surely Labour are just reverting to the old Labour that supported the working man and away from being a second 'Tory' party from Blair's days.

billythekid - 25/9/2016 16:53

Surely Labour are just reverting to the old Labour that supported the working man and away from being a second 'Tory' party from Blair's days.

Trouble is Billy, the working man a certain section of Labour wish to support, is the working man circa 1978.

northstandmark - 25/9/2016 17:04

Trouble is Billy, the working man a certain section of Labour wish to support, is the working man circa 1978.

We're you around in 1978? If so then I would argue that the working man had a far better quality of life then than the working man has today!

AFCB_REPUBLICAN - 25/9/2016 18:46

northstandmark - 25/9/2016 17:04

We're you around in 1978? If so then I would argue that the working man had a far better quality of life then than the working man has today!

I'm not sure that is true, but undoubtedly the disparity between the haves and have nots has increased
And I class myself as a have and don't like the way the UK is going

Good luck to them. Doesn't feel like there is a particular mood in the country for a centre-ground party at the moment.

The SDP was created with much higher profile figures and it didn't do much for them.

Good luck to them. Doesn't feel like there is a particular mood in the country for a centre-ground party at the moment.

The SDP was created with much higher profile figures and it didn't do much for them.

There's an academic called Matthew Goodwin who's been researching where there is a gap for a new party based on survey results.

Basically he reckons a party with Corbyn style economic policies and Tory type law and order, immigration, etc. would have the best chance. Doesn't sound much like this new new labour lot tbf.

;