Non - Labour Party

What pisses me off, is the Labour guy saying in one breath cutting back on spending and then how the UK families deserve holidays abroad.
Nobody pulled him up on that. Surely if you want to slow down climate change stop people going on cheap holidays abroad. The same as the dentist problem, just stop people having a sugar diet.
Is it only OK if they go on expensive holidays abroad?

You can see the hypocrisy in your post, given you started the 'I'm Off' thread?

You really, really, really wouldn’t like my suggestions. Funding green initiatives by taxing those who can afford it, nationalising the industries that cause most pollution, cancelling the nuclear deterrent and ploughing the money into energy generation. I imagine you’re spitting out your Chablis already.

Would make no difference, the richest and powerful people in the world who have caused the most damage are untouchable and clearly not liable to government jurisdiction, Bill Gates is currently taking the piss for example, telling everyone he's doing it for the good of humanity.

It’s a nonsense to believe that Labour care any more climate change than the Tories. Despite it being the biggest threat to every one of us, it’s not a vote winner. We live in a greedy capitalist society where those with comfortable lives are not willing to make sacrifices for the good of all. By the time Britain is engulfed in flames and floods, when we can no longer grow food and having money is pointless as there is nowhere to spend it, most of us will be long gone.
What a load of twaddle, whilst I agree that the Labour and Conservative parties are a bunch of silly liberals, they both mean absolutely nothing. The planet and or nature will get rid of our species when it needs to, we really are an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things

I never thought I’d say this but thank heavens for redhouse and his Rioja. Whether I agree with him or not, his is the only reply that is relevant to what I put in my original post.

It’s a nonsense to believe that Labour care any more climate change than the Tories. Despite it being the biggest threat to every one of us, it’s not a vote winner. We live in a greedy capitalist society where those with comfortable lives are not willing to make sacrifices for the good of all. By the time Britain is engulfed in flames and floods, when we can no longer grow food and having money is pointless as there is nowhere to spend it, most of us will be long gone.
It’s always somebody else that has to pay for it from the likes of you and your ilk .
We are all westerners that have lives that are incredibly comfortable in comparison to the rest of the world yet you’ll happily whine about the world being “ engulfed in flames”whilst tapping away on your keyboard and doing the sq route of eff all about it because there might be somebody a little more well off than you .

Historically Mother Nature doesn't care about climate change (would charge high it high tax)
We shouldn't even be here when you look pre oxidation or beyond this planet, beyond a miraculous freak.

Should be an interesting by-election.

The Labour Party has withdrawn support for its candidate in the Rochdale by-election after receiving "new information" about comments he is alleged to have made.

Blimey. Another u turn. They’ll be going round in circles soon.

Should be an interesting by-election.

The Labour Party has withdrawn support for its candidate in the Rochdale by-election after receiving "new information" about comments he is alleged to have made.

You can't vote Labour but you can take your pick from three ex-Labour candidates!

It’s too late to change the ballot paper, so there’s a decent chance Ali will still get in listed as under the Labour banner. What happens then?

I didn’t realise George Galloway is still campaigning, on the same ballot paper.

Seems the good folk of Rochdale have quite the choice.

It’s too late to change the ballot paper, so there’s a decent chance Ali will still get in listed as under the Labour banner. What happens then?

I didn’t realise George Galloway is still campaigning, on the same ballot paper.

Seems the good folk of Rochdale have quite the choice.
I suppose if he is elected, he will probably have to stand as an Independent at the General Election against the official Labour candidate.

I can't see what Labour can do with this guy in charge..for my liking he is a bit too effeminate and passive.
And...and You want your man to attack the Tories with verve and venom....not just borrow their policies and try to be like them..Ye Gods it's barmy !

But then i'll only Vote for them again if they stop and drop the obvious Anti - Semitism within their ranks ..and that's about 50% of the buggers I reckon!

Party political broadcast just now couldn’t be more obviously aimed at attracting Tory votes, perhaps to the point of parody! Union flags all over the place, talking to small businesses, veterans, attacking Tory tax rises, talking about crime and home ownership. All ears for bread and butter Conservatism. Doesn’t marry with the news from Rochdale, the next item on the news with another antisemitism story today. Which version of Labour will we get if and when they take power, who knows.

Last edited:
The Ship of Theseus paradox is perhaps best demonstrated by the 2000s pop band, Sugababes (see: hit, after hit, after hit). The three original members, Mutya Buena, Keisha Buchanan and Siobhan Donaghy each eventually left the group to be replaced in turn by a new singer, until none of the founder members remained. Much like the theoretical ship debated by ancient philosophers, the question must be asked: was this still the same band?

A similar query hangs over Keir Starmer. The Labour leader is attempting to do the impossible: take his party from catastrophic defeat to Number 10 in the space of one parliament. That is why he is sometimes described as having to be his own Neil Kinnock, John Smith and Tony Blair rolled into one. It took 14 years and multiple leaders to turn Labour around from its 1983 nadir. Starmer looks like doing it in five.

This quick turnaround is both a blessing and a curse. The former is obvious – political parties, with perhaps the exception of the Liberal Democrats, exist to win power. But it is a curse because one parliament is not a lot of time to achieve a proper clear out, work out your policy prospectus or fundamentally change what your grassroots believe. We are now seeing the consequences of that.

The Ship of Theseus paradox is perhaps best demonstrated by the 2000s pop band, Sugababes (see: hit, after hit, after hit). The three original members, Mutya Buena, Keisha Buchanan and Siobhan Donaghy each eventually left the group to be replaced in turn by a new singer, until none of the founder members remained. Much like the theoretical ship debated by ancient philosophers, the question must be asked: was this still the same band?

A similar query hangs over Keir Starmer. The Labour leader is attempting to do the impossible: take his party from catastrophic defeat to Number 10 in the space of one parliament. That is why he is sometimes described as having to be his own Neil Kinnock, John Smith and Tony Blair rolled into one. It took 14 years and multiple leaders to turn Labour around from its 1983 nadir. Starmer looks like doing it in five.

This quick turnaround is both a blessing and a curse. The former is obvious – political parties, with perhaps the exception of the Liberal Democrats, exist to win power. But it is a curse because one parliament is not a lot of time to achieve a proper clear out, work out your policy prospectus or fundamentally change what your grassroots believe. We are now seeing the consequences of that.

Not sure it's down to starmer, more down to borisgates, liz truss disaster and rishi incompetence

;