Non - Labour Party

His comments were not Islamophobic. He just made a comment regarding his personal thoughts regarding Mr Khans actions. He did not directly insult Islam at all. Admittedly, he used the wrong choice of wording, but it was certainly not Islamophobic. This reflects the appalling state this country has got into with all this sheeeite.

His comments were not Islamophobic. He just made a comment regarding his personal thoughts regarding Mr Khans actions. He did not directly insult Islam at all. Admittedly, he used the wrong choice of wording, but it was certainly not Islamophobic. This reflects the appalling state this country has got into with all this sheeeite.
You admit his choice of wording was wrong. Care to elaborate?

Its the tension between short term policies and actions designed to get re elected and long term strategic policies that are best for the country.

The political parties favour short term, the unelected Lords and the Civil Service provide the checks and balances for longer term planning.

The influence of unelected lobbyists supports the short term option.
I like the idea in principle but the reality is the Environment Agency and Ofgem are ensuring record profits for private companies at the expense of our waterways and bill payers.

It seems to ideologues that their opinion on whether something should be under government control depends whether it suits their political ends.

So, why do you say his choice of wording was wrong?
What I meant was perhaps he should have though a little harder about his choice and order of words. What he said was NOT directly Islamophobic and so, he should not be accuses of being Islamophobic. One only has to make slight reference to any foreign religion, race or creed these days and one will be open to criticism or scrutiny. It is pathetic!

What I meant was perhaps he should have though a little harder about his choice and order of words. What he said was NOT directly Islamophobic and so, he should not be accuses of being Islamophobic. One only has to make slight reference to any foreign religion, race or creed these days and one will be open to criticism or scrutiny. It is pathetic!
Criticise Israel and the tabloids will label you as anti semitic.

It would be nice if we could talk freely about every race or religion tbh.

On the other side, any criticism of the Israeli government leads to you being labelled anti Semitic by some. Which is obviously ludicrous.

And speaking up or the plight of the civilians in Gaza seems to somehow mean you don't think the actions of Hamas on 7/10 were evil too..

So tiring being shunted into one camp or the other.

Khan is Anti -Semitic....and when you think logically about it.....why wouldn't he be...half the Labour Party who he supports are !
It's quite a worry that there seems to be a modern hostile movement in this Nation towards Jews who let's face it are just astute Business people in the main, with some very clever people in other fields such as Science and Tech.

The recent shift in support of Islamic issues...and further against Jews ..is alarming and impeding on the daily lives of uninterested people in the cities with the resulting social upheaval...with associated disruption and using up police time and resources.

Of course also it has to be said that the belligerent fool Netenyahu is not helping matters.

Last edited:
There can be few by-elections in recent memory that have been more chaotic than Rochdale.

Triggered by the death of Labour MP Sir Tony Lloyd - who had held the constituency since 2017 - voters will go to the polls on Thursday after weeks of the Greater Manchester town hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Multiple candidates have been disowned by their party with allegations of both antisemitism and islamophobia.

What the hell actually is Islamophobia? Seems everyone can make up their own definition to suit their argument. Is it a fear/hatred of all muslims- in which case I doubt there are many folk around the world who are islamaphobic? Or is it fear of Islamic extremists keen on Jihad against the decadent west (or for that matter all Jews),,8n which case I reckon there'll be quite a few. Seems to me there's a lot of playing words where either side of the argument people don't actually mean the same thing.

Much quicker and safer to arrive by private jet at London city airport and avoid any landing checks. Other airports are available.
#stopthejets

The accounts of drug gangs and people smugglers should be frozen as part of #stoptheboats surely

Well it doesn't appear to work like that, does it. In reality.

Once a foothold has been established... it's too late.

The genie is out the bottle/horse has bolted... or whatever similar cliche you'd care to use.

It's futile trying to stick a plaster over this kind of issue. Tackling at root of the problem ie dont let them in the first place.

Or better still imo, look at decriminalizing these substances, or something along those lines (excuse the pun...). Stopping people from using all sorts of substances is futile, as is the war on drugs (which costs more in human lives (directly and indirectly) and more money).

Last edited:
What the hell actually is Islamophobia? Seems everyone can make up their own definition to suit their argument. Is it a fear/hatred of all muslims- in which case I doubt there are many folk around the world who are islamaphobic? Or is it fear of Islamic extremists keen on Jihad against the decadent west (or for that matter all Jews),,8n which case I reckon there'll be quite a few. Seems to me there's a lot of playing words where either side of the argument people don't actually mean the same thing.
And while playing with words why is Islamophobia wrong? It's a phobia not an ism! You cannot pillory someone for being fearful of something. Wanting to destroy something you have a hatred for is a different thing to just being scared of said thing. I've got arachnophobia it doesn't make me a racist wanting the mass genocide of all spiders!

And while playing with words why is Islamophobia wrong? It's a phobia not an ism! You cannot pillory someone for being fearful of something. Wanting to destroy something you have a hatred for is a different thing to just being scared of said thing. I've got arachnophobia it doesn't make me a racist wanting the mass genocide of all spiders!
thats an excellent point of view/post :thumbup:

;